• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Early Copies + Teases Another HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
giphy.gif

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Puttin' my money on Jump Festa mainly because It's a Japanese thing. Also weren't both of the remasters announced there? I'm fairly certain 2.5 was.

1.5 was at TGS, 2.5 was at D23 Japan.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok, initial excitement has soothed, time to extrapolate a bit.

We see KH3 and KH3D together in the credits. Previously when something has been teased in the credits (or teased post credits), it is the next game to be released. This leads me to believe that KH3 and KH3D will be bundled together.

KH3 is coming to PS4 and xbone, meaning KH3D would come to those consoles.

This would leave 1.5 and 2.5 behind however. Perhaps we would finally see a collection for PS4 containing all 8 games?

Might be getting a bit ahead of myself, but it's not that much of a stretch considering what's already happened with this series. It would be a perfect chance for the Xbox owners to get caught up on the series as well.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
It's nice to see a (semi) confirmation about 3D. It just dawned on me that it is the last "big" KH title I haven't played. Really excited about it.

Same with me. Joblessness has essentially made it impossible for me to get a 3DS these past few years.

Puttin' my money on Jump Festa mainly because It's a Japanese thing. Also weren't both of the remasters announced there? I'm fairly certain 2.5 was.

Agreed. Jump Festa seems like a pretty good time to mention the remaster all things considered.

Looks like most of us are all breaking into our happy dances. :)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I could see a collection with DDD HD Final Mix, story scenes of Chi and a playable demo of Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm trying to not be too excited since we don't know if it means anything yet, but BHBGTYRXCDECYIGVBUOIHNNHOUHNINIUYAHHIIOIIOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese let this mean DDD Final Mix+Re:X confirmed!Pleasepleasepleasepleaseycheezypleaseplease!

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The E3 KH3 trailer was my favorite thing ever so YAY for it being in the credits. <33 Also, yes please HD DDD. I really hope that is more of an advertisement than a throwback.

Eagerly awaiting Chi screens. C'mon, Japan. ;~;

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm VERY excited for a HD 3D! One of my favorite games, and I'd love to be able to play it on my huge TV. :D Now if they include Chi/collected scenes of important info., that would be the cherry on top.

Jex Winters

I think the biggest concern for Nomura right now is localizing Kingdom Hearts X/chi. Kingdom Hearts 3D is not of the upmost concern, as most of it will be recapped in the first few hours of Kingdom Hearts III.

WaveK89

Sorry for the pessimism. I'm just torn on how to react to this. I really just feel this is Square revving up the hype train again. Scenes of KH3, "You completed 2.5 Remix, now await for KH3!" I suppose them adding KH3D scenes warrants a likelier chance for an HD Remaster, especially if they tie KHX/chi in there. With that said, woo hoo! *sigh*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sorry for the pessimism. I'm just torn on how to react to this. I really just feel this is Square revving up the hype train again. Scenes of KH3, "You completed 2.5 Remix, now await for KH3!" I suppose them adding KH3D scenes warrants a likelier chance for an HD Remaster, especially if they tie KHX/chi in there. With that said, woo hoo! *sigh*
Well, the whole point of 1.5 and 2.5 is to get everyone caught up on the series in order to play KH3. So... it is a way to get everyone excited.

captain

Bronze Member
If a KH3D remaster does happen, I hope it's included in an ultimate collection for PS4/Xbox1 with the release of KH3 that includes HD ReMix 1.5&2.5 along with (at least) cutscenes for chi if we're not going to get the game.

The remixes being on PS3 with KH3 being on next gen isn't helping anyone.

Also, might not be a bad idea to put a handheld collection together on 3DS of CoM for GBA, days, Re:coded & KH3D for people who might actually want to play those games. They wouldn't really even have to remaster them. Just put them together in a set with CoM either put on a DS/3DS cartridge or included with a download code.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I think the biggest concern for Nomura right now is localizing Kingdom Hearts X/chi. Kingdom Hearts 3D is not of the upmost concern, as most of it will be recapped in the first few hours of Kingdom Hearts III.

Well, the thing about that is that KHX can't really be delaying any Square Enix developed products. Keep in mind: Square Enix is not even KHX's developer. It's developed by an external company called Success Inc, a social game company with the time and resources to run it.

As far as Nomura is concerned, he needs to write new scenarios for KHX, which takes time from him but not the teams programming, drawing and assembling major projects, like a possible DDD port. He also needs to find a western social game developer to run the servers over here (or two, or three, or however many languages you need). That takes meetings, but again, not development resources. Hell, Square Enix's western division will probably handle most of it.

So KHX is most in the business side of things these days. As far as development resources are concerned, it's not getting in the way of any other projects, a DDD port or otherwise. In fact, he said a few days ago that KH3 was delaying KHX, and not the other way around, because for him, KHX is just a writing process he has to get right.

Last edited:

WanPisu

Awards
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a 3DS anytime soon so I'd very much welcome 3DHD. I'd also like to see it include original cutscenes or something of that sort that tells whatever KHX has to offer. If there's any important information exclusive to KHX, that is.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
What I'm mostly concerned about is if/when we'll get a localized KHChi. Would a Kingdom Hearts Legacy Collection for PS4 be cool? Yeah, for real. Would HD 3D be cool? ...I guess so. But if Chi is going to have any bearing on the story I'd like to play that or at least know the story without having to find someone who knows how to decipher moon runes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What I'm mostly concerned about is if/when we'll get a localized KHChi. Would a Kingdom Hearts Legacy Collection for PS4 be cool? Yeah, for real. Would HD 3D be cool? ...I guess so. But if Chi is going to have any bearing on the story I'd like to play that or at least know the story without having to find someone who knows how to decipher moon runes.

Tadaa~

Kingdom Hearts 3 FAQ - KINGDOM HEARTS ?[chi] - Kingdom Hearts Insider

That's pretty much all that KHx has contributed to the main series thus far. If anything is unclear or you'd like more information about, don't hesitate to ask!

Xagzan

Awards
Included in 2.5? Oh, well they have to do something with 3D now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
*crosses fingers and chants*
KHDDD HD for PS4. KHDDD HD for PS4. KHDDD HD for PS4. KHDDD HD for PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back