• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- North American Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
If this is what they are doing for the US and Europe then a "*** off Square" is all I can think of.

The least they could do is to provide a uniform limited edition that will match 1.5.

And they can pin that pin wherever they'd like. My treat. :redface:

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If this is what they are doing for the US and Europe then a "*** off Square" is all I can think of.

The least they could do is to provide a uniform limited edition that will match 1.5.

And they can pin that pin wherever they'd like. My treat. :redface:

Dude, have a Snickers. Ever neard of the saying be happy for what you get not what you wanted.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Can't say I'm thrilled. Hopefully, there's a pricier version with something more, but at this point I think it's safe to say that this is all we're getting. Once again, SE Japan is awesome and Western SE drops the ball.

But guys. We are getting KH2FM and BBSFM on PS3. Be grateful. Back when an HD collection hadn't even been announced, most were thinking that they'd do something like KH1, ReCoM, and KH2 all on one disc. No one ever dreamed that they'd port EVERY game to PS3, and all the Final Mix versions to boot.

I'd rather have the game with a disappointing free gift than have the most amazing bonus ever and no game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm grateful that we're getting the game, even though it sort of was a no brainer due to Disney's involvement, but come on... a pin? At the very least they could have made an effort to put out something that would match the LE of 1.5?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can't say I'm thrilled. Hopefully, there's a pricier version with something more, but at this point I think it's safe to say that this is all we're getting. Once again, SE Japan is awesome and Western SE drops the ball.

I mean, I don't blame them that much since SENA is treated as nothing more than a distribution arm with the least staff, least leeway, etc. while SEEU and SEJP get to do whatever they want, but clearly someone in that office thought it was a great idea to give us a pin for the most highly anticipated remaster. Even if Disney Pin Trading is so intense, this community isn't made up of pin traders; it's made up of KH fans. All we can do is stick the pin on something and call it a day.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
This is coming from a huge Disney pin collector. This Limited Edition bundle is a huge smack in the face to the US and Europe. I'm excited to add another LE pin to the collection, but seriously?! The pin doesn't even look that good. I'd like it better if it didn't have the 2.5 logo on it, but whatever. Guess the logo is a given. Definitely underwhelmed with this LE.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The thing I'm confused about is how they gave all the same special treatment to the FFX/X-2 remaster, and even gave it a fancier collector's edition. Now, other two games aside, here they have Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on PS3, and they don't take advantage of the oppurtunity to make a super expensive version of it? And yet, they did for a remaster that was nearly as hyped like the FFX one?

They had a hardcover artbook, lithographs, and the bluray music thing. And for 2.5, they don't do something similar?

I have noticed that Amazon updated their product page and the pin is available through them as well. So, it's still possible that a proper collector's edition has yet to be announced. After all, the Limited Edition for X/X-2 was announced on July 9th of last year, whereas the bigger collector's edition wasn't announced until December of last year. So, maybe they're still holding off on the larger unveiling until closer to release?

But, this is NA Square. So, I'm sure they'll crush my hopes. Of all the people in the world who have to own KH, it had to be Sqaure. Could you imagine the extras we'd be getting if KH was owned by Ubisoft?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The brand manager is on the PSBlog answering questions, and she's said that they hope to be able to offer more to fans and that the LE is still being planned out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The thing I'm confused about is how they gave all the same special treatment to the FFX/X-2 remaster, and even gave it a fancier collector's edition. Now, other two games aside, here they have Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on PS3, and they don't take advantage of the oppurtunity to make a super expensive version of it? And yet, they did for a remaster that was nearly as hyped like the FFX one?

Because Final Fantasy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A few select answers from the PSBlog that might ease a few worries that this is the final product:

Hi +yourworldonfire :) thanks for liking the look of the pin, it makes us really happy. Art book for 1.5 remix was definitely a success too. The box standing next to each other is kind of a big deal to us, so we may have to make sure that the size matches up nicely next to your Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX box.

Hello +Arsenic 13, the brand manager from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX told me that it was “critical” that we carry that side by side heights be similar. You can’t have one tall and one short right?! Let’s see what we can do about that. How about a window where you can say peek-a-boo to your pin somehow? We’re cranking ideas everyday! Thanks for your support!

A response to me =D said:
Hellllo +Arielle! Of course I remember you :) This Disney Collection Pin is an official Pin USA pin so when I got to see the prototype with that Mickey head backing my heart skipped a few beats.

I hear you on the Japan merchandise. :) As you may know our merchandise team in NA and EU work really closely with the Japan team to bring some of the coolest items to our shores. At San Diego Comic-Con now and Nomura Tetsuya- san is here signing autographs to those who purchase merchandise (must get ticket and sign up) like Mickey figurines from Kingdom Hearts.

We’re always thinking of ways to bring elements that work in Japan to the US as well as brainstorm ideas to bring something new and exciting to the fans in NA and EU! Please keep following us and we’ll be sure to come up with exciting things leading up to the release on December 2nd, 2014! :) Thank you!!!

Yamuraiha

Awards
I don't think that people are ungrateful for getting the games but disappointed in the limited edition because .. that's really not much to look forward too? At least 1.5 got the book.. oh well. Let's wait and see I guess.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
A few select answers from the PSBlog that might ease a few worries that this is the final product:

Hi +yourworldonfire :) thanks for liking the look of the pin, it makes us really happy. Art book for 1.5 remix was definitely a success too. The box standing next to each other is kind of a big deal to us, so we may have to make sure that the size matches up nicely next to your Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX box.

Hello +Arsenic 13, the brand manager from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX told me that it was “critical” that we carry that side by side heights be similar. You can’t have one tall and one short right?! Let’s see what we can do about that. How about a window where you can say peek-a-boo to your pin somehow? We’re cranking ideas everyday! Thanks for your support!

Hellllo +Arielle! Of course I remember you :) This Disney Collection Pin is an official Pin USA pin so when I got to see the prototype with that Mickey head backing my heart skipped a few beats.

I hear you on the Japan merchandise. :) As you may know our merchandise team in NA and EU work really closely with the Japan team to bring some of the coolest items to our shores. At San Diego Comic-Con now and Nomura Tetsuya- san is here signing autographs to those who purchase merchandise (must get ticket and sign up) like Mickey figurines from Kingdom Hearts.

We’re always thinking of ways to bring elements that work in Japan to the US as well as brainstorm ideas to bring something new and exciting to the fans in NA and EU! Please keep following us and we’ll be sure to come up with exciting things leading up to the release on December 2nd, 2014! :) Thank you!!!

Well, hot damn, if I can say peek-a-boo to my pin, then I'm satisfied.

But, seriously, thank you Spock. Good find. At least we know they're not done yet. ANNNND at least we know they're aware of the height difference too. How many companies will address their fans OCD like that? Respect, for sure.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They definitely earn my money and my respect. I'm glad they listen to the fans and want to give them more than just a pin. A translated Ultimania would be a neat idea too, but that's unlikely.

Given this pin announcement, I'd say even the artbook is a miracle at this point. Plus, you might as well just import that fancy Ultimania. It's only $30 once you convert currencies. And if you want it just to look at the art, the Japanese text really wouldn't matter. I know I'm gonna import it if Square doesn't give us anything else for our version of 2.5.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
Yeah I might do the same as well. $30 ain't bad. I remember importing KH2 Final mix and having to buy a swap magic while violating my PS2 so it can play it. It was a horrible experience, but was worth it in the end.

Also do you think Nomura's commenary will be translated in Jiminys Journal? They'll probably remove it if they can't but I always wanted to read his comments on each photo.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
From the additional comments I read on the PSBlog, it definitely sounds like the marketing team is still "taking ideas into consideration". Someone even outright asked if there would be a more expensive version worth like $150 or something and she said

+whooperftw thanks for the question! Glad everyone’s following Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX globally!!! Japan does have some really cool items. In a campaign like this nothing is set in stone, EVER! This pin is definitely sparkly, collectible and limited. I don’t like the answer “no” ever so I will continue to check-in to see what we can get here in NA and EU that Japan has :) Sometimes we do exclusive things that are only for NA or EU also so please stay positive :) Thanks for your support!

Nothing is set in stone, she says. So, given how they announced the CE for the FF Remaster many months after the LE was announced, it's possible they're still waiting to announce the proper bundle that everyone wants.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Please guys: NEVER put all your faith in someone who uses that many smiley emoticons and works customer service or has EVER worked customer service.
I'm not saying 'don't hope for more,' cuz I really doubt that this is it. It just doesn't even FEEL final. But when you work with people (paid or not) you always have frustration and complaints. They want us to be happy, but if you haven't noticed, they literally have handed out NO information other than what the fans have most likely provided them with. "Not set in stone," "mismatching cases," and "peek-a-boo window" are just what they're saying. But have they really SAID anything at all?
Only time will tell.

I don't mean to be a pessimist, and it's really great that the pin is official! I'm just probly gonna wear it around, but if they severely limit the quantity of pins, collectors will have a gem to look forward to! And the games are wonderful! I'll get hours of play from them. Sure; I'm bummed by what I've seen so far, and I'm not raising my hopes too high, here. But we shall hafta see what comes next!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, one thing's for sure. All I'm seeing on Facebook, the blog, or elsewhere, is a lot of anger over how we wanted an artbook like 1.5, or at least something more than a pin. Therefore, if Square is listening to the fans, they'll be sure to give us what we want.

In other words, we're only getting the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back