• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- North American Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- English Limited Edition!

The pin is cool and everything, but why can't we have the soundtrack? =(

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The pin is cool and everything, but why can't we have the soundtrack? =(

No kidding. They did that cool BluRay disc music for FFX HD and that's exactly what Japan is getting for 2.5. Unless there's a large CE for us to be announced in the future, I have no idea why we wouldn't get it too.

Shogo-Kun

Awards

No kidding. They did that cool BluRay disc music for FFX HD and that's exactly what Japan is getting for 2.5. Unless there's a large CE for us to be announced in the future, I have no idea why we wouldn't get it too.
I'd imagine that the reason we wouldn't get a Blu-ray Music disc is because either A) no one knows what they are or B) they're not popular enough to be considered worth mainstream consumption.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd imagine that the reason we wouldn't get a Blu-ray Music disc is because either A) no one knows what they are or B) they're not popular enough to be considered worth mainstream consumption.

Kingdom Hearts fans who would invest in a more expensive collection to begin with aren't the mainstream audience, so it is a bit of a moot point.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Kingdom Hearts fans who would invest in a more expensive collection to begin with aren't the mainstream audience, so it is a bit of a moot point.

Exactly. Same reason the Blu-ray music was only included in the CE of FFX HD, and not the LE.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well, Kingdom Hearts IS rated E10+ by the ESRB (on average), so lets just say the point of HD collections is for long-time fans to purchase, plus NEW fans to be drawn into. Perhaps since the target audience (by rating) is kids, the LE will only GET kid-friendly additions; saving the better and more collectable goodies for a CE - as we've all been saying and thinking.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
E10+ does not equal a massive young audience.
I understand that most of us get that, but not everyone does. I know that when my parents and my friends' parents bought games for us as kids, they didn't really care about the game itself. They didn't know anything about it. They would just buy games cuz they looked cool or came with goodies that they thought their KIDS would like.
It's kinda hard to think back, but I most certainly did NOT buy my own games as a kid. And kids now don't buy all their games, either. He do you think my 12-year-old neighbor got Call of Duty? HE certainly didn't buy it; his grandparents thought it looked cool, and they didn't know to check for rating, anyway.

What I'm saying is that when companies make a game and rate it, they HAVE to have the target audience in mind. They can't just think of past fans to buy the product. An though E10+ plus doesn't mean "little tykes" or anything, the target audience is just past 10 years of age. I was in 4th grade at that time, myself, but a lot of kids are in 3rd. So as limited as that audience is, they still have to cater to it. At least in part.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, Kingdom Hearts IS rated E10+ by the ESRB (on average), so lets just say the point of HD collections is for long-time fans to purchase, plus NEW fans to be drawn into. Perhaps since the target audience (by rating) is kids, the LE will only GET kid-friendly additions; saving the better and more collectable goodies for a CE - as we've all been saying and thinking.

Actually, both Kaori and Mat Kishimoto from Square have made comments to the people complaining about the pin. The reason they did the pin instead of the artbook for the LE is because they wanted to do something different for those who are in love with KH for the Disney aspect of it. Which leads me to believe that during that first KH survey, when the question asked "Are you more of a Square fan or a Disney fan?", more people answered Disney than Square. I know I did. So, that may very well have influenced it, not the target audience of the fanbase.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Actually, both Kaori and Mat Kishimoto from Square have made comments to the people complaining about the pin. The reason they did the pin instead of the artbook for the LE is because they wanted to do something different for those who are in love with KH for the Disney aspect of it. Which leads me to believe that during that first KH survey, when the question asked "Are you more of a Square fan or a Disney fan?", more people answered Disney than Square. I know I did. So, that may very well have influenced it, not the target audience of the fanbase.

Then give me a damn vinylmation. Or a disney party member t shirt or something. A poster would be cool, even.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
It ain't over till it's over. I reckon that SE is scared that we'll start a riot if they don't appease us. If I end up just getting the pin, (which I'm hoping I'll end up getting more) then I think I'll wait and make a profit off of it at least. What if to please the Disney fans they just made the limited edition bonus tickets to Disney World? Like they couldn't think of anything else so that just decided to give us a free pass to the park.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It ain't over till it's over. I reckon that SE is scared that we'll start a riot if they don't appease us. If I end up just getting the pin, (which I'm hoping I'll end up getting more) then I think I'll wait and make a profit off of it at least. What if to please the Disney fans they just made the limited edition bonus tickets to Disney World? Like they couldn't think of anything else so that just decided to give us a free pass to the park.

You have a lot of dreams, dude.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What if to please the Disney fans they just made the limited edition bonus tickets to Disney World? Like they couldn't think of anything else so that just decided to give us a free pass to the park.

What...Those tickets are worth $100. They aren't giving people free tickets to any Disney park.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Because the people who made it know that Coded is AMAZING!!!!

I always saw the pin as a Re:Coded pin honestly since it has Sora (in KH1 attire) and Mickey who is most prominently associated with Re:Coded on the cover. Which made me kind of sad since I wish was TAV (but I know not enough people know who they are to care for them) or at least KH2 characters :p

But think about KH and KH2's box art. Those were really elaborate and detailed. The numbered titles usually get the fancy treatment with the boxart, and Nomura has been stepping his game up lately for these HD collections. I think it's safe to say the KH3 box art will be awe inspiring.

Until everyone starts to bag on it and photoshop how it could be better lol I kid, I kid...

I'll admit, I even put "Disney fan." But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing still. I mean, I'd rather a pin than an artbook only because that art will come out in some form eventually, whether Ultimania, a SoD Chronicles artbook, or whatever. Disney-inspired things are more thought out (like this pin which is a great step in the right direction but just disappointing if that is the ONLY thing we're getting compared to Japan).

Not to mention a large draw for KH fans is playing through the worlds of our childhood.

What...Those tickets are worth $100. They aren't giving people free tickets to any Disney park.

They'll just up the price of the CE $100 so we're not actually getting anything for free lol

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'll admit, I even put "Disney fan." But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing still. I mean, I'd rather a pin than an artbook only because that art will come out in some form eventually, whether Ultimania, a SoD Chronicles artbook, or whatever. Disney-inspired things are more thought out (like this pin which is a great step in the right direction but just disappointing if that is the ONLY thing we're getting compared to Japan).

Call me crazy, but I just like artbooks, even if its rereleased artwork. That's why I'm probably the only KH fan who didn't hate the BBS artbook, and fell head over heels for the 1.5 LE even though most of it was stuff I'd already seen before. I just have a thing for holding the artwork of something I love in my hands. It's the feeling it gives me, not the art itself. And looking at art online doesn't really do that for me. So I prefer physical :p

And actually, assuming that we are getting a collector's edition of 2.5, then the pin for us is the equivalent of how Japan is getting a code for KHx. It's the free toss-in for pre-ordering, and not the extra goodies. So, technically, our pre-order bonus beats Japan in my opinion. Now we just have to hope Square gives us a beefier 2.5 bundle.

Square2

Awards
I don't know if anyone noticed, but on the kingdom hearts site where you can preorder the game, besides just amazon and the square enix store, the preorder upgrade seems to be available at GameStop as well.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm still hoping that, should any additional 2.5 bundles be announced, that they don't wind up as SE Stores exclusives. I've never dealt with them before and I'd really like to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back