• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Community Feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has finally released in North America and Europe, and many of you have already received your copies of the game in the mail or visited your local retailer to pick the game up. With all of the new content to explore in the latest HD collection, including everything in  KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A fragmentary passage- and all of the gameplay updates to KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD, you are all sure to build impressions about the collection.

In the comments below, feel free to discuss any positive or negative criticisms about KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue's gameplay and visual presentation.

If you experience any glitches or errors while playing KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, please open a support ticket with Square Enix describing in detail what the error is, what you were doing in the game when then error occurred, and what console you are using. Do not use the support page to message Square Enix about non-error related concerns.

For product shipment issues, please contact the retailer from which the game was purchased from.

You can open a support ticket by following the links below:

Square Enix North America Support (ENGLISH ONLY)
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Support (ENGLISH ONLY)

Square Enix Europe Support
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Support

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There. I made that thread I said I'd make. Post all of your frustrations and the stuff you do like here and stop clogging up the 2.8 Discussion thread <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Back Cover was missing half of the movie somehow, it raised questions instead of answering them. That kinda bothers me because I thought it'd help me understand the whole chi stuff more. I expected to see the foretellers faces or at least learn who the traitor is or what it takes to be one.

As for 0.2, as already stated I feel like they're repeating BBS's problem with bosses that are artificially hard and dodge spamming is basically your way to go. At least they fixed the damage output problem which already helped me on my second playthrough which is on critical.

No complaints about 3D so far, just curious if the touch pad couldn't have been made more use of.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So, here's something I haven't really heard mentioned. Anyone else payed close attention to the first scene of 0.2 Birth by Sleep? When Kingdom Hearts is summoned, it sucks up the thousands of hearts from the battlefield that were released (I think). Nothing else to say, except damn, it looks chilling.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Back Cover was a waste of time. On a scale of 1-10 it gave me a 3 in terms of level of satisfaction of stuff I wanted to see.

0.2 was awesome. Gave me some great character development for Aqua, plus great visuals, gameplay, and the sendoff to KH3 I've waited years to see.

Haven't played 3D yet. Still going through the collectibles of 0.2.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
0.2 has probably the most interesting and visually stunning level design in the whole series, I really liked all of the levels. The puzzles were perfect and fitted with the theme of the locations. If you have a world composed of mirrors, then the puzzles are centered among reflections and etc... absolutely brilliant. There are also hidden paths, height differences and platforming. Levels are no more flat and I like that a lot. The thorns appearing and blocking you`r path at the forest which you then had to clear out of the way made me feel that Realm of Darkness really wanted to stop you, that was cool.

The combat feels very nice. The spells back a punch and look visually very impressive. The normal Keyblade hits also feel very good and the way you can stun and combo enemies in is really well done.

Sometimes there were instances where I was beating an enemy and then suddenly another enemy came behind my back and stopped my combo. I am not sure if my reaction to it was too slow, but maybe to help to spot the enemies attack maybe the camera could be pulled back a little bit. Also, sometimes I managed to react in time because I heard that an attack was coming, so maybe increase the volume of the attacks sound to make it easier to notice? Also, lock on`s accuracy could be increased.

All of the bosses were visually very impressive and interesting looking. Mirror Aqua was a very fun boss to fought against. Demon Tower and Devil`s Tide might need some more tweaking, maybe to add more signals to what it is going to do and how to attack?

I liked that despite 0.2 was a short episode, the developers still put the effort to have secrets and hidden things in there, like the secret Zodiac Mirror boss rush.

Yoko Shomoura`s music is really, really good as always. Especially the song that plays in the mirror world, the last boss music, and Mirror Aquas creepy battle theme, that is a twisted version of Aqua`s original theme. It would not be a Kingdom Hearts game without Yoko`s music.

I am liking how the title menu, player icon/avatar and ending report card were done with the 0.2 graphics since it showcased how far the series has come and they were really well done pieces(especially the ending card with Aqua sitting on Destiny Islands). Still, if there is a change to have 2d hand drawn art by Tetsuya Nomura, it would be great. I feel like it gives KH a very personal feeling, and I am huge fan of Nomura`s art style.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Back Cover was a waste of time. On a scale of 1-10 it gave me a 3 in terms of level of satisfaction of stuff I wanted to see.

Back Cover is practically a giant teaser for both KH III and Unchained X.
Besides that its main purpose was to give personality and a better understanding of the character traits of the different Foretellers and that's the part I would argue it excels at, certainly also due to the very good voice acting.
The Master of Masters is also hugely enjoyable.

If the "stuff you wanted to see" includes actual answers and solutions to mysteries I'm afraid that was out of the question to begin with since Unchained X is still running and there are also connections to KH III so they certainly wouldn't outright spoil major stuff.

---

Personally, the thing that irks me the most about X Back Cover is that it ends too abruptly and omits too much from the later story updates of the original Browser-Chi, practically cutting the story off after Lady Ava's speech to the Dandelions.

As for 0.2, I'll go more in-depth on this one later as I haven't fully finished it yet.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
You know, after watching Back Cover and then going back and re-watching the ending of Kingdom Hearts X, it certainly does shed some light on the whole situation. It's also satisfying to hear Gula pour out his feelings to you and Skuld about how he's pretty much completely wrong in his interpretation of the final page, they do a good job at making it feel like he really did just give up on trying to save anyone and instead is just sitting there twiddling his thumbs waiting for the war to start. Although it does confuse me why every single Foreteller decides to fight you. With Aced I completely see his character challenging you to a duel, but with everyone else it feels like they fought you simply because you looked at them funny or something.

I wish they used Back Cover to lead up to season 2 a lot more, though, because the secret ending "Unchained Zero" STILL makes no sense after watching Back Cover.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You know, after watching Back Cover and then going back and re-watching the ending of Kingdom Hearts X, it certainly does shed some light on the whole situation. It's also satisfying to hear Gula pour out his feelings to you and Skuld about how he's pretty much completely wrong in his interpretation of the final page, they do a good job at making it feel like he really did just give up on trying to save anyone and instead is just sitting there twiddling his thumbs waiting for the war to start. Although it does confuse me why every single Foreteller decides to fight you. With Aced I completely see his character challenging you to a duel, but with everyone else it feels like they fought you simply because you looked at them funny or something.

I wish they used Back Cover to lead up to season 2 a lot more, though, because the secret ending "Unchained Zero" STILL makes no sense after watching Back Cover.

While I understand they didn't want to show the actual war itself I think it would have helped hugely if they included the final two or three updates of Browser-Chi from the perspective of the Foretellers too, including the conversation/confrontation between Ava and Luxu and the scenes with Gula and Skuld (to avoid "canonizing" any form of "Player" they could just have set Skuld there alone) which would ensure Skuld at least one scene in the movie just like Ephemer.
As for why four of five Foretellers decide to fight you (you don't face the one of your own union) I believe that is actually said in-game (by Gula if I recall correctly): It is a battlefield and there's a war, you're from a different union so you're obligated to fight.
By the time this carnage starts all gloves are off and I would assume that the Foretellers do not specifically pick you out to personally fight, but that they just roam about the battlefield killing as many Keykids from the other four unions as possible to "bring it to an end" and, as in Ira's words, ensure that no victor is born.

We were deliberately not shown the end of the war (only the aftermath in the 0.2 opening when the world starts to go apocalypse with Luxu standing there making selfies/recording everything with the Eww-eye), but I think it is safe to assume that once all the Keykids are dealt with the Foretellers turn on each other personally and go down as well.

Unchained Zero is meant to not make sense yet as it is probably something that will be addressed in Unchained X season 2. Addressing it in Back Cover would undermine that and Nomura did state that both Ventus and Maleficent are related to the new story unfolding in Unchained X (plus two more still unknown characters as well as Skuld and Ephemer who will then probably get more screentime than in Browser-Chi).

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
While I understand they didn't want to show the actual war itself I think it would have helped hugely if they included the final two or three updates of Browser-Chi from the perspective of the Foretellers too, including the conversation/confrontation between Ava and Luxu and the scenes with Gula and Skuld (to avoid "canonizing" any form of "Player" they could just have set Skuld there alone) which would ensure Skuld at least one scene in the movie just like Ephemer.
As for why four of five Foretellers decide to fight you (you don't face the one of your own union) I believe that is actually said in-game (by Gula if I recall correctly): It is a battlefield and there's a war, you're from a different union so you're obligated to fight.
By the time this carnage starts all gloves are off and I would assume that the Foretellers do not specifically pick you out to personally fight, but that they just roam about the battlefield killing as many Keykids from the other four unions as possible to "bring it to an end" and, as in Ira's words, ensure that no victor is born.

We were deliberately not shown the end of the war (only the aftermath in the 0.2 opening when the world starts to go apocalypse with Luxu standing there making selfies/recording everything with the Eww-eye), but I think it is safe to assume that once all the Keykids are dealt with the Foretellers turn on each other personally and go down as well.

Unchained Zero is meant to not make sense yet as it is probably something that will be addressed in Unchained X season 2. Addressing it in Back Cover would undermine that and Nomura did state that both Ventus and Maleficent are related to the new story unfolding in Unchained X (plus two more still unknown characters as well as Skuld and Ephemer who will then probably get more screentime than in Browser-Chi).

It's not that I necessarily wanted all of Unchained Zero explained, but at the same time it wouldn't have killed them to throw in any type of promotion for the new season. I mean, sure, I know Kingdom Hearts III is big and important to set up too, but I was kind of hoping that we'd get some kind of end credits-style teaser for Unchained X's new developments since that game is also going to become very important very soon. I don't know, I guess sometimes I am left wanting more as a fan. That's really what the ending of Back Cover ended up doing to a lot of us in the end, just expecting less questions and more answers.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not that I necessarily wanted all of Unchained Zero explained, but at the same time it wouldn't have killed them to throw in any type of promotion for the new season. I mean, sure, I know Kingdom Hearts III is big and important to set up too, but I was kind of hoping that we'd get some kind of end credits-style teaser for Unchained X's new developments since that game is also going to become very important very soon. I don't know, I guess sometimes I am left wanting more as a fan. That's really what the ending of Back Cover ended up doing to a lot of us in the end, just expecting less questions and more answers.

Ah, do you mean by "promotion" something along the lines of i.e. Luxu bumping into Maleficent while he's pulling that huge box or a distant shot showing Ephemer approaching someone and in the last shot we see Ventus' green wayfinder or his checkered wristband?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
A very important function that the game is missing is immediate enemy reaction-- In KH1 and KH2, if you hit a Shadow Heartless with just one swing, it would immediately attempt to attack you-- this led to interesting and fun ways to manipulate Heartless AI, learning their exact reactions so you could learn to beat them perfectly. 0.2 is lacking this-- if you hit an enemy, it still may wait around for a long or short random amount of time until it decides to attempt an attack. This is not as fun because the game doesn't give you the opportunity to learn; and isn't learning to master a game an important fundamental thing in traditional video games?

More critiques here: [video=youtube;BLOqBDg_sVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLOqBDg_sVk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Muke

whatever
Awards
Visuals were awesome - the best in all of KH to date, understandably.

Yeah, err, gameplay... I liked it, but it wasn't really flawless (whixh, yeah, it doesn't habe to be). After more obervation, I really don't like how Aqua runs faster after like a second. Other than that, casting magic while moving DEFINITELY is an improvement. I also still feel like they're repeating BBS' bosses problems, but I'm sure they will sort it all out until KH3 comes. I hope.
It's also really unfortunate there's no revenge value, considering they SHOWED IT OFF in one of KH3's trailers. Why not implement it in a tech-demo if it will be in the final game?

Launchpad

Awards
It's also really unfortunate there's no revenge value, considering they SHOWED IT OFF in one of KH3's trailers. Why not implement it in a tech-demo if it will be in the final game?

We don't really know if that moment in the trailer was revenge value, or if it was purely random-- we won't know until someone can get their hands on a demo. Enemies still sometimes immediately attack after being hit, but it's inconsistent- we want the consistency.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If the "stuff you wanted to see" includes actual answers and solutions to mysteries I'm afraid that was out of the question to begin with
I mean, we were totally led to believe that at the very least BC would reveal who the traitor is.

NOMURA: As for the traitor, that is the keyword which the plot of KHχBC revolves around, so I think this too will be revealed in KHχBC.

Launchpad

Awards
I mean, we were totally led to believe that at the very least BC would reveal who the traitor is.

NOMURA: As for the traitor, that is the keyword which the plot of KHχBC revolves around, so I think this too will be revealed in KHχBC.

please take the story discussion to the regular discussion thread. we don't need two trains derailing in two separate threads

Launchpad

Awards
Since Back Cover doesn't have any gameplay but much presentation (or lack thereof), it is the main thing to discuss about this part of the collection, isn't it?

we get it, KH has a lot of details and narrative mechanics that could be examined and explained until we endure the heat-death of the sun, but can we spare this one thread of it?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Since Back Cover doesn't have any gameplay but much presentation (or lack thereof), it is the main thing to discuss about this part of the collection, isn't it?

I see where you come from, yet I do also understand why Back Cover ultimatively did not go the whole way.
If one of the five Foretellers would be revealed to be the definitive single traitor while Unchained X is still in service, how do you think this would affect players in his/her attached union and the dynamic of the whole game?
Browser-Chi's finale already made it a point that no one found out who the traitor is before everything was already too late to salvage.
What did I just say?

The first post even says gameplay and presentation. Back cover has cinematic style, music, light and art direction - plenty of visual affect stuff to dissect - and if you can't find yourself able to comment on anything but the story, please take it to the other thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back