• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Community Feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Does KHi have a direct line of contact with Square regarding feedback? Is there a more direct way to communicate critiques towards them? Like, an official discussion forum or something? It'd be nice considering they're still updating 0.2

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Does KHi have a direct line of contact with Square regarding feedback? Is there a more direct way to communicate critiques towards them? Like, an official discussion forum or something? It'd be nice considering they're still updating 0.2

Yes, and since KH3 is still going to be in progress for quite a while. There should be time to tweak some things. I think it would be good, there should be something like that at least. Good, direct constructive feedback.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Presentation wise for BC, I don't know if this counts, but I think the opening shot of 0.2 should've been moved to be a post-credit scene for BC. I think that would've helped the ending a little bit (still not great, mind you, but it would have given a bit of a fuller sense).

Launchpad

Awards
Presentation wise for BC, I don't know if this counts, but I think the opening shot of 0.2 should've been moved to be a post-credit scene for BC. I think that would've helped the ending a little bit (still not great, mind you, but it would have given a bit of a fuller sense).

come on dude you've gotta be kidding me here

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Thinking about it, I wondered if the following is just buggy or intended:

As for the water-enemies, sometimes using thundaga simply does nothing. It might do a little damage but it neither pulls them out of their bubble nor electrocutes them which can be reeeaaally annoying. >:

Ashton69

Awards
I'm only going to comment on 0.2 since DDD is just an HD port and back cover is a movie. My impressions are based on the 1.02 update since I just replayed the game on critical mode today. I'll just post a simple list of what I liked and didn't like and what I think could be added to 0.2 or at least KH3.

Good things:

Gorgeous graphics

Combat feels significantly better than the past entries

Platforming is more emphasized in areas

Wardrobe is a nice bonus feature but I have no idea if it'll be in KH3

The new music is great

They made magic feel great to use and flows well into combos (unlike in DDD where you stand there like a jackass)

They nerfed Aqua's invincible gymnastics

Phantom Aqua is a very cool fight and the dark side boss was alright

Bad things:

I'm not too big on command styles. They feel unnecessary and I would've preferred if they only kept the superior magic commands. This feature might've been better if there was more customization for it but this is a demo and the feature will probably be gone from KH3.

Enemies should react more to you attacking them. I can understand huge enemies like dark side and the heartless tower not reacting quickly but standard enemies should have a revenge value system that is more emphasized. It isn't as bad as it is in DDD where funny elephants just diddly off and do what they want but it can still be improved.

The heartless tower boss is kinda lame. I had a a big issue with it and they fixed it in the new update but it's still pretty boring.

There's this weird issue, rather prominent during the phantom aqua boss, where my screen will freeze for a second but the music and sound effects will continue. What the heck guys.

What they can add:

Using R2 + the right stick to switch the lock on target (it stinks having to press R1 over and over again to get the right guy)

Combo modifiers to give us a taste of what's in store for KH3

Kind of a insignificant thing but you should be able to use L1 and R1 to add or decrease the RGB value of the clothes in increments of 10 or 20

That's the gist of my thoughts. Anything I didn't mention (such as the jumping or using the shotlock) was because I don't feel strongly one way or the other about them. Make sure to like and subscribe.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
come on dude you've gotta be kidding me here
What, does that not fall under "Presentation, Cinematic Style, (Art) Direction" type comments for BC? It isn't about the story or the specific writing or plot developments about the title, but about how it is presented to the player. (It's also something that can easily be fixed with a patch since it isn't adding any new content but rearranging it). I think that falls under those type comments, unless this thread is literally only for talking about the specific technical stuff of BC like lightning choices or some shit. And if so, I apologize.

Launchpad

Awards
it still really stood as a narrative critique more than anything else. You thought it'd be more beneficial to the STORY of BC to have that scene at the end.

Thinking about it, I wondered if the following is just buggy or intended:

As for the water-enemies, sometimes using thundaga simply does nothing. It might do a little damage but it neither pulls them out of their bubble nor electrocutes them which can be reeeaaally annoying. >:

KH has a weird understanding of the elements. Firaga causes the water heartless to shrivel up and steam.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Putting aside whether or not the final boss of 0.2 is good or bad in terms of gameplay, I find it a tad underwhelming that said final boss is in essence just a whole lotta shadows. It basically exists to be a showoff tech demo more than to be a fitting final foe.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I've notices in 0.2 the cutscenes stutter at times, and it bothers me. I'm playing on a ps4 pro. You know I get a pro to not have to deal with frame rate issues, but it still happens.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Really sucks that there seem to be more problems on the PS4 Pro :/

Kingdom358

Random crashing on a regular PS4.. entered the door where it boots you where you first fight with Mickey and it never loaded, huh well okay..

Kingdom358

And to also mention the final boss just disappeared from the map? It went blank before the mickey way finder and during the way finder style when Aqua chains it and you can attack it it's not even their lol so uh yeah..

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
As much as I loved jumping and dashing in DDD using flowmotion, I think what 0.2 did and probably KHIII will be doing, which is limiting flowmotion to certain parts and areas of the level works better.

I also have to agree with others here that while I still like the combat of 0.2 in it`s current form, the more extensive return of the revenge value mechanic from past games would be really appreciated.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I love 0.2, it's most likely my second favorite, third favorite, or just plain favorite game in the franchise. It's definitely high up there. I just wish the Demon Tide could've had more of a signal for it's next attack, because I really had a hard time seeing or telling anything. I most likely didn't catch it's pattern very well, but still.

The boss fight was still good regardless, and I just love 0.2.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Listen, they had me with the wardrobe until I got tbe Chesire Cat ears. I was expecting a shnazzy purple color scheme. Game ruined.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Not really a complaint, but I feel like the camera in 3D was pulled back a little TOO far. If it was made to make flowmotion look "better" then I guess it was a good idea but I still think it's weird how far away the characters are from the screen.

0.2: Auto-movement HAS to be improved. I don't want Aqua to jump over a ledge and fall to her death because I walked nearby it and she decides to do a mini-jump up.
Best would be if they made auto-movement optional in the settings.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Agreed with the camera. I feel like they should give us the option of pulling it further in and out. But yeah, not that big of a problem for me

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I like ddd camera. It's 0.2 that needs to be pulled back. Except frame drops, that's my only complaint about 0.2.
Ddd should have make pressing the touch pad activate reality shifts. I keep using commands when I go to use reality shifts

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They do read our forums from time to time, but the best way to get in contact with them is through their support channels Master Spockanort linked, as well as through social media like their Twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back