• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I don't care for the pin. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Collector's Edition with possible soundtrack, maybe 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, Aqua PAK[please I beg you], other goodies that I can't exactly describe
i would hold my breath i dont we getting a collotor edition this time but will see

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
haha a pin again

i don't even know where my 1.5 pin is

hahaaaaa pin

pin

This is just an LE so that's fine. It's free, gets collectors out there, and I get another crushed box from Amazon 8D

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
While I'm not a fan of the pin, I do appreciate the stronger nod to the Disney side of the fanbase.

I still have absolutely no idea where my 2.5 pin is.

Pandymint

Awards
Honestly, this is a little disappointing for me. Why not an art book like they did with 1.5? The pin isn't bad, don't get me wrong. I'm just not a fan of pin collecting personally.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Honestly, this is a little disappointing for me. Why not an art book like they did with 1.5? The pin isn't bad, don't get me wrong. I'm just not a fan of pin collecting personally.

The 1.5 art book is one of my favorite free preorder bonuses ever honestly. I would love to see more stuff like that instead of what most games offer as a bonus in general, but I'm sure it's time consuming and certainly more costly.

Pandymint

Awards
I still have the art book case. I loved that idea. But I lost the outer slipcase sadly.

Without getting too off topic, I just wish they would've done something like that with the concept art for 0.2 or Back Cover.

Also, I hope that the outer box is a little more... Decorative than just a black background with the logo.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The 1.5 art book is one of my favorite free preorder bonuses ever honestly. I would love to see more stuff like that instead of what most games offer as a bonus in general, but I'm sure it's time consuming and certainly more costly.

It's probably cause this fanbase is so desperate for any game that they know their pre-order numbers will always be amazing so they don't need to entice people. It sucks but we played a part :/

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I still have the art book case. I loved that idea. But I lost the outer slipcase sadly.

Without getting too off topic, I just wish they would've done something like that with the concept art for 0.2 or Back Cover.

Also, I hope that the outer box is a little more... Decorative than just a black background with the logo.

Likewise, I find it odd that it isn't just displayed with the cover art of the game itself.

It's probably cause this fanbase is so desperate for any game that they know their pre-order numbers will always be amazing so they don't need to entice people. It sucks but we played a part :/

Yeah you're probably right to an extent. I think the pins have the potential to draw in maybe a handful of more sales from the more casual crowd of primarily Disney fans, as being able to get an exclusive pin for a game that has your mild interest could be enough to tip some pin collectors over. The art book caters to the more hardcore fans, many of whom would have preordered regardless.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I actually like the pin more I think, I guess I wasn't super impressed with the "art book" in that yeah since it was free it was rather barebones and full of stuff I had seen for 12 years already lol. I appreciate the pin because, as it was already mentioned, it kind of gives a wink and nudge to the Disney side of the series still. And since its an actual collector's pin that makes it cooler to me. I only have a few from the actual parks but I like all the ones I have, so I guess I'm kind of biased?

I would like an art book for 2.8 more if it had new stuff for 0.2 though. And a lot of the Dream Drop concept art was quite nice actually, though I think I have some of it in the guidebook already (only reason I bought it I believe lol).

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't mind the pin, but why does it look so… cheap? (and why are the colors looking so flat)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
NA Square strikes again. Note the "Unchained χ Back Cover". They might have done that purposefully just because Unchained χ is how most people know the game, but still. That's incorrect either way.
I completely missed that, but that's so like them. They also announced the movie as "Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover" while it was always only "Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover" in the trailers, logos and Japanese press materials.

I agree, because here would be actually see new stuff, now the art that has been recycled for years now and was part of the other HD collections.

I would have also liked an Aqua & Chirithy pin, it's really just that this is yet another Mickey & Sora pin that gets me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Because the Artbook was promoted with material that wasn't included and was a massive insult and spit into the face to fans worldwide. It's disgusting that the person who decided on that scam now runs Final Fantasy's promotion which is currently underway on it's second twitter follower campaign.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would have also liked an Aqua & Chirithy pin, it's really just that this is yet another Mickey & Sora pin that gets me.

It's probably like Grizzly assumes, that pin is more for the "casual" crowd who often do not even know characters of the series beyond Sora, Mickey, Donald, Goofy and maybe Riku and Kairi.

Making a pin featuring say, Aqua and Chirithy, or a Foreteller, or Ephemer and Skuld would certainly be unique and more desirable for actual KH fans, but certainly not for the more casual crowd as it would result only in figurative question marks above people's heads.
Some of those even still haven't got the memo that Roxas and Ventus are in fact two completely different persons/characters or that Xehanort is actually the main villain of the whole series so far *gets shuddering memories from the KH III Trailer with the chess scene where some nutjobs actually openly announced "Riku" playing chess*. brrr...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't mind the pin, but why does it look so… cheap? (and why are the colors looking so flat)

Most Disney Collectible Pins are like that.

Because the Artbook was promoted with material that wasn't included and was a massive insult and spit into the face to fans worldwide. It's disgusting that the person who decided on that scam now runs Final Fantasy's promotion which is currently underway on it's second twitter follower campaign.

Shhh, Mat's okay he tries his best but he and whoever is his Japanese counterpart just need to stop throwing out every marketing plan under the sun to sell FFXV. It's like they are doing everything but the stuff that people actually want. like an actually well-made story trailer WHY IS THAT SO HARD WHY DO WE NOT KNOW WHAT ANY NON LEIDE/CLEIGN/DUSCAE AREA LOOKS LIKE OUTSIDE OF SMALL LITTLE BITS WHY AM I STILL CONFUSED OVER WHAT FFXV IS ABOUT

But yeah that art book was awful. All of that art was stuff you could find online in super high quality already. Still mad we didn't get that Days!Riku artwork since it is so hard to find images of it anywhere else.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I actually like the pin and am okay with it

But why the grotesque paper box again

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's probably like Grizzly assumes, that pin is more for the "casual" crowd who often do not even know characters of the series beyond Sora, Mickey, Donald, Goofy and maybe Riku and Kairi.

While that's definitely true that both Mickey and Sora are more popular than any other original Kingdom Hearts character, from what the Square Enix staff were discussing at NYCC, Disney just won't approve any other characters beyond SDGM.

Ever piece of art turned into a Disney Trading Pin has to be meticulously approved, so many Disney pins re-use art since getting new art approved is difficulty I'm told. I guess since this is the DDD boxart, it was easier to be approved than Chirity or Aqua art, which would most likely have to be original.

Most Disney Collectible Pins are like that.

Ever once in awhile though, Disney does pins right.

504x746.jpeg.4618eebf631a48b39dc94444d6f7e492.large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back