• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Featured in Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Either that or the surviving children possibly even banished them there with a "you have caused enough damage as is, out of our sights, scumbags!"-reasoning.
And yet I'm wondering how flowerboy plays into all this...

Joshua is however smug enough that I could see him getting some delight in an "army" of Joshuas, lol.

Xehanort would get his own smugness smeared back into his face if Joshua would really take him on seriously.
Xehanort: I swore to live and see what lies beyond the Keyblade War...
Joshua: Nope! *blasts Xehanort to pieces with a Jesus Beam*
Sora: That was supposed to be our Grand Finale.
Joshua: Hee hee, shut up and walk, dear.
;P
That's also possible. I wonder why the children kept the keyblade in play. Repurpose or not it's still dangerous.

Flowerboy is either like Hades and deity to one world or is just one being in a vast network. Given TWEWYs multiverse angle probably the latter.

lol Jesus beam~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's also possible. I wonder why the children kept the keyblade in play. Repurpose or not it's still dangerous.

Flowerboy is either like Hades and deity to one world or is just one being in a vast network. Given TWEWYs multiverse angle probably the latter.

lol Jesus beam~

That's a good question actually. Normally I'd tempted to say that they're still children and thus may not really fully understand the man-made Keyblades' full true role in the whole calamity, but knowing that this is KH that answer would be too simple.
There's also the new "security system" to keep in mind that was apparently put in place to stabilize the "restored" world which by definition seems to be only a fraction of the original world's size anyways (as in many small worlds existing as "dots" in the Realm of Light with a big chunk (the lanes between) being still "flooded" by Darkness from the end of the Keyblade War). The X-blade and the true KH were both lost and while the seven Princesses were "created" to act as an substitute for the KH they also needed another replacement for the lost X-blade or at least for something to take on its function.
Then there's also the possibility of the children simply seeing the Keyblades themselves as largely neutral despite being originally crafted for evil as even during the period of the great war there were individuals who were using it for good.

Just for the record so there are no misunderstandings: With "Flowerboy" I was actually referring to Ephemera in that paragraph, not Joshua. ;)

That was the term I was initially introduced to when learning that Josh has a second "attack mode" in the TWEWYY-game proper. :p

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That's a good question actually. Normally I'd tempted to say that they're still children and thus may not really fully understand the man-made Keyblades' full true role in the whole calamity, but knowing that this is KH that answer would be too simple.
Or maybe they thought that a weapon, even if it was crafted by someone with bad intentions and enabled a lot of destruction, can't be inherently evil itself. And whether the Keyblades existed or not, the Heartless would still be very much existent. Without a Keyblade to keep them at bay in the case of a Heartless invasion, the worlds could easily be destroyed with impunity.

And, like every single weapon ever created, the Keyblade can be used for good, as well as evil. It can enable its wielders to destroy the primal darkness zombies, keep the worlds in balance, and prevent the complete destruction of the universe. It also can allow them to spread chaos everywhere and steal other people's bodies, as well as aid them in the complete destruction of the universe. What it's capable of, and whether it's a weapon of good or evil, depends entirely on the wielder. It's just like the Force~!

Anagram

Banned
There's also the new "security system" to keep in mind that was apparently put in place to stabilize the "restored" world which by definition seems to be only a fraction of the original world's size anyways (as in many small worlds existing as "dots" in the Realm of Light with a big chunk (the lanes between) being still "flooded" by Darkness from the end of the Keyblade War). The X-blade and the true KH were both lost and while the seven Princesses were "created" to act as an substitute for the KH they also needed another replacement for the lost X-blade or at least for something to take on its function.
Then there's also the possibility of the children simply seeing the Keyblades themselves as largely neutral despite being originally crafted for evil as even during the period of the great war there were individuals who were using it for good.
Children, while not usually able to see the complexity or bigger picture, do tend to see things for their simplest value. For instance an adult would want to know why, how and when you did something like steal or murder.
A child however usually only sees that you did a bad thing and that it's not right. How, why or when mean nothing to you committing that act itself

So in that vein I'd say even children would be fully aware that the keyblade caused their problems along with people.
"Child" is also a term varying of culture so given the complexity of the 'security' I'd say that at least a few were older children or at least highly intelligent. (assuming they were literal children and now a group like 'the children of light' or something)

You probably hit the nail on the head with needing an Xblade replacement. If they needed something to replace kingdom hearts then it's reasonable to think they'd need to replace it's counterpart. Repurposing a keyblade would be an easy solution to that problem.

Or maybe they thought that a weapon, even if it was crafted by someone with bad intentions and enabled a lot of destruction, can't be inherently evil itself. And whether the Keyblades existed or not, the Heartless would still be very much existent. Without a Keyblade to keep them at bay in the case of a Heartless invasion, the worlds could easily be destroyed with impunity.

And, like every single weapon ever created, the Keyblade can be used for good, as well as evil. It can enable its wielders to destroy the primal darkness zombies, keep the worlds in balance, and prevent the complete destruction of the universe. It also can allow them to spread chaos everywhere and steal other people's bodies, as well as aid them in the complete destruction of the universe. What it's capable of, and whether it's a weapon of good or evil, depends entirely on the wielder. It's just like the Force~!
That's also a valid point. Keyblades kill heartless permanently and kids can be optimistic when an adult can't about a situation or other people.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Children, while not usually able to see the complexity or bigger picture, do tend to see things for their simplest value. For instance an adult would want to know why, how and when you did something like steal or murder.
A child however usually only sees that you did a bad thing and that it's not right. How, why or when mean nothing to you committing that act itself

So in that vein I'd say even children would be fully aware that the keyblade caused their problems along with people.
"Child" is also a term varying of culture so given the complexity of the 'security' I'd say that at least a few were older children or at least highly intelligent. (assuming they were literal children and now a group like 'the children of light' or something)

You probably hit the nail on the head with needing an Xblade replacement. If they needed something to replace kingdom hearts then it's reasonable to think they'd need to replace it's counterpart. Repurposing a keyblade would be an easy solution to that problem.

That's also a valid point. Keyblades kill heartless permanently and kids can be optimistic when an adult can't about a situation or other people.

Going by this interpretation though the children would first see the bad act itself and the person(s) who did it, the tool used for it only a secondary concern if at all. So them banishing/punishing all the Foretellers (who despite not really wanting it DID cause the outbreak of war) and whoever is the manipulating force that set all this in motion to begin with but adopting the Keyblades for better purposes could be reasonable.

"Child" is indeed an elastic term as even juveniles who are already around 13 to 16 old in human years are sometimes still referred to as "children". Depending on individual mental maturity and intelligence, even 13year olds can already be capable of very complex thought chains, tactics and long term planning.

Yep, and I'm inclined to believe this one Keyblade being the Keyblade of Heart. After all, the Xehanort reports do not only state that this "type" of Keyblade is very rare, but also that it came only into existence after the world was reorganized. Coincidence?

That's an important point too, the reorganized world is practically just a small leftover "haven", a fraction of what the old united world was so fiercely protecting these small isolated places of light might be understandable.
This might even be why such things as the Mark of Mastery exam and the requirement to have "a strong heart and control of your own Darkness" were introduced. The children knew about the potential dangers of the Keyblade itself and thus tried to introduce a system that allowed to monitor and/or limit their use to a few worthy candidates.
The amount of Keyblade wielders should be limited and restricted to those who do not abuse its potentially dangerous power, which those measures at least can partly achieve and also explain why Eraqus, despite maybe being more strict than other Masters, takes the whole thing so seriously.
The Keyblades themselves being able to choose a wielder though can certainly bypass this system though, as shown with Sora, although this seems to happen rarely.

Anagram

Banned
Going by this interpretation though the children would first see the bad act itself and the person(s) who did it, the tool used for it only a secondary concern if at all. So them banishing/punishing all the Foretellers (who despite not really wanting it DID cause the outbreak of war) and whoever is the manipulating force that set all this in motion to begin with but adopting the Keyblades for better purposes could be reasonable.

"Child" is indeed an elastic term as even juveniles who are already around 13 to 16 old in human years are sometimes still referred to as "children". Depending on individual mental maturity and intelligence, even 13year olds can already be capable of very complex thought chains, tactics and long term planning.

Yep, and I'm inclined to believe this one Keyblade being the Keyblade of Heart. After all, the Xehanort reports do not only state that this "type" of Keyblade is very rare, but also that it came only into existence after the world was reorganized. Coincidence?

That's an important point too, the reorganized world is practically just a small leftover "haven", a fraction of what the old united world was so fiercely protecting these small isolated places of light might be understandable.
This might even be why such things as the Mark of Mastery exam and the requirement to have "a strong heart and control of your own Darkness" were introduced. The children knew about the potential dangers of the Keyblade itself and thus tried to introduce a system that allowed to monitor and/or limit their use to a few worthy candidates.
The amount of Keyblade wielders should be limited and restricted to those who do not abuse its potentially dangerous power, which those measures at least can partly achieve and also explain why Eraqus, despite maybe being more strict than other Masters, takes the whole thing so seriously.
The Keyblades themselves being able to choose a wielder though can certainly bypass this system though, as shown with Sora, although this seems to happen rarely.

A bit of yes and no really. Kids would see the being responsible but I think it'd also be rather common knowledge that they could've only done the bad things due to the keyblade. For example the child's simplistic view would know that it's "the keyblade wielders" fault. Or alternatively "those keyblade guys are are bad".
They would see only the tragedy and the person who "did the bad thing" but they'd also know that bad guy is one of the 'keyblade wielders'.
A kids view is simplistic but ironically it's not always innocent or ignorant. Almost insightful at times I'd say. Something I've seen to my humor countless times from me being an older child in a large extended family. (some of them would say some of the simplest but smartest things at times haha)

That doesn't change them banishing foretellers or make it unreasonable. My last post didn't even change or mean that.
It all really depends on the age of the child or if they was even adolescents or truly children to begin with. As we've both affirmed a child can be a kid or it can even be something ambiguous like a group.

Possible. If you had to replace the Xblade but knew how dangerous that was you'd do something to make it much harder to get than last time. How? Separate it into 7 young women and then scattered them throughout the universe. 7 small needles in a universe sized haystack.

As much as I find that whole master-ceremony-truemaster thing superfluous and poorly executed that's also possible. The foretellers could mass produce basically and then you had a war. Take it from mass production to limited access and your danger level drops greatly. Sadly Xehanort proves it only takes one. Though I doubt whoever thought this out never thought so many would be stupid to it haha. (literally the entirety of BBS and series could've been halted if even just two of the TAV trio had stuck together or if they had went to Eraqus sooner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back