• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

Omg I'm gonna faint!!!

Although I feel like we won't be seeing this game until the end of 2016 :(

I wonder what they're going to do to make up for the Dream Eater training and the Reality Shifts.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I appreciate that they just messed with everyone after the whole "2.9" leak by changing it to "2.8"

So are we sure that 2.9 isn't just a compilation of 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8? I'm just wondering since I doubt they changed the whole game's title cause of 1 leak, we still didn't see this coming tonight even after that haha

SephirothZ

So are we sure that 2.9 isn't just a compilation of 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8? I'm just wondering since I doubt they changed the whole game's title cause of 1 leak, we still didn't see this coming tonight even after that haha

I doubt 9 different games could fit into one package like that. I am no tech guy, but I would think that is almost impossible.

kingsoraful

Awards

Omg I'm gonna faint!!!

Although I feel like we won't be seeing this game until the end of 2016 :(

I wonder what they're going to do to make up for the Dream Eater training and the Reality Shifts.

This is to soothe are appetites because now we know KH 3 isn't gonna be out till 2017.

But now we get BBS Vol 2, and get to find out what Aqua went through in the realm of darkness and I'm sure the other 2 will have stories gearing up for KH 3.

kupo1121

Awards

I doubt 9 different games could fit into one package like that. I am no tech guy, but I would think that is almost impossible.

True. They could still easily release a game with multiple discs (so it would essentially be a giant collector's edition with a fancy name?).

kingsoraful

Awards

True. They could still easily release a game with multiple discs (so it would essentially be a giant collector's edition with a fancy name?).

I'd buy the hell out of it, I bought that collection with the heartless doll. I'll buy anything especially if it's PS4.

Bobizzle

Since Winter 2016 was a rumored KH3 release date reveal made by a youtuber that has been proven false, maybe the Winter 2016 rumor is actually the release date for 2.8?

regardless my guess is that it'll release either Q1 or in Q2 next year, and KH3 will hopefully release in Q1 of 2017. So excited.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It'd definitely be impressive if they changed that much after that "leak" that shouldn't even have happened, but there's word that "2.9" was just a codename for the project along the lines of "yellow p", which I guess I'll buy? Anything is possible!

Awards

I don't have a PS4, but I think one of the Dualshock controllers has a tiny touch screen on it. Will they use that for the DDD port?

And dang, those newer graphics for the Realm of Darkness. Is it going to be something completely new, like "Birth by Sleep Vol. 2", or will it just consist of graphically enhanced scenes/gameplay from BBS secret ending and the original "A Fragmentary passage?"

kupo1121

Awards

It'd definitely be impressive if they changed that much after that "leak" that shouldn't even have happened, but there's word that "2.9" was just a codename for the project along the lines of "yellow p", which I guess I'll buy? Anything is possible!

I just read a comment that someone is speculating the "8" is actually an infinity symbol that represents that amount of games they're gonna give us before we get KH3 lol NOBODY KNOWS but I'll buy that anything is possible too!

And dang, those newer graphics for the Realm of Darkness. Is it going to be something completely new, like "Birth by Sleep Vol. 2", or will it just consist of graphically enhanced scenes/gameplay from BBS secret ending and the original "A Fragmentary passage?"

I do not believe they haven't specifically said yet what it will be in terms of graphics and assets but judging by that extremely gorgeous Aqua model that is clearly not from BbS and the fact that this is being built exclusively for PS4, I expect this to be our first representation of what KH will look like on our PS4's.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That's actually pretty probable as most projects have an internal name they go by.
Then there's the fact that changing it to 2.8 allows it to be aggregated with 1.5, 2.5 and 0.2 to get exactly 7.

I just read a comment that someone is speculating the "8" is actually an infinity symbol that represents that amount of games they're gonna give us before we get KH3 lol NOBODY KNOWS but I'll buy that anything is possible too!

See above, together with the others (assuming that 2.8 stands mainly for DDD), the sum of 1.5, 2.5, 0.2 and 2.8 is 7.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

So I guess these are my questions:

1: Is 3D getting new content similar to a Final Mix?
2: Is back cover like a theatre mode for X or what. That seems a little odd considering the game will continue pumping out new content. Is it possible that it's the Lost Chapter Chirithy's talking about, then? That seems likely.
3: Is Back Cover going to be done in 2D, original Kingdom Hearts graphics OR Kingdom Hearts III graphics?
4: What's going on with BBS.2? Like, I get it but w h a t is it.

That's just where I'm at right now. Waiting for more info, like y'all.

EDIT:

5: The Realm of Darkness looks fake. Is it real?

kupo1121

Awards

That's actually pretty probable as most projects have an internal name they go by.
Then there's the fact that changing it to 2.8 allows it to be aggregated with 1.5, 2.5 and 0.2 to get exactly 7.

My reaction reading that:

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

That...is...speechless. Wow, I mean, I would initially think that the "0.2" was included in "2.8" but if you take it out and add that together...I'm done. Good night internet, I'm done...mind can't...nope nope nope nope nope

3CFcHZU.gif

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, there wasn't enough material in the actual secret ending to justify a whole separate "game", they definitely will be elaborating on the things shown and well yeah ideally parts will be playable.

Speaking of, I just rewatched a Fragmentary Passage, and I really hope we get to play in destroyed Castle of Dreams. Also yeah, I feel like we might get to be Mickey in the Realm of Darkness as well. Not so sure about Riku being shady with comatose Kairi in Neverland...but him stalking Roxas and Xion in Twilight Town seems more interesting haha. And then well yeah, Kairi looking dramatically at the mansion needs to get addressed as well...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I'm so glad they included the Chi stuff. I assume "Back Cover" means something to the effect of "Coverage of Backstory" aka it's basically Chi HD Cinematics, or at least the lore aspects that are important.

I'm still dumbfounded at seeing BBS V2 and Aqua in glorious next-gen graphics. The Realm of Darkness looked INCREDIBLE.

kupo1121

Awards

Speaking of, I just rewatched a Fragmentary Passage, and I really hope we get to play in destroyed Castle of Dreams. Also yeah, I feel like we might get to be Mickey in the Realm of Darkness as well. Not so sure about Riku being shady with comatose Kairi in Neverland...but him stalking Roxas and Xion in Twilight Town seems more interesting haha. And then well yeah, Kairi looking dramatically at the mansion needs to get addressed as well...

They just posted a press release for the game and for Fragmentary Passage is says "from the perspective of Aqua" so I'm doubting we'll be seeing us playing as other characters, which is not to say we won't see any others, but given they specifically singled out Aqua (which wasn't necessary) makes me believe it won't be very long and it won't be more than just her. Which is fine for me, an Aqua-centric game is all I need (contrary to The Beatles saying "love" is all you need) so any and all I will take.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Another reason to buy a ps4...the list just keeps on piling up.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

My reaction reading that:

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

That...is...speechless. Wow, I mean, I would initially think that the "0.2" was included in "2.8" but if you take it out and add that together...I'm done. Good night internet, I'm done...mind can't...nope nope nope nope nope

3CFcHZU.gif

Heh, glad to be of service, lol.

If you're ready for another one, count 2.8 as DDD and then add it to 0.2 BBS. Together that makes 3, not only fitting as a definitive Prologue for KH III itself, but also another arc number in the series itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back