• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

Seeing that signature of Mirby again, I get reminded that we'll probably get another run with Ben Diskin voicing our Bishie-Trollanort next year.
Who knows, if the remastered DDD gets any extra stuff he might even have to record some new lines. ^__^

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

KH2.8_logo.jpg

KH0.2_logo.jpg

KHddd_logo.jpg

KHxBC_logo.jpg

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

KH logos always lookin' gooooooooood
photo.jpg

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

So the only important thing here is the vol 2
Is this a new episode or the same on from BBS final mix? Was that not included in 2.5

So once more game to stall for time.... KH3 2017

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Well, you guys have taught me to never give up hope. Y'all never shut up about BBSv2, and now it's a reality lol!

dreamerbybirth

i mean...it IS called fragmentary passage in BBs final mix.. is there a confirmation it's a brand new story?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Uh... waking up to this... my pulse just shot through the roof. It lives! Birth by Sleep v2 and Dream Drop Distance HD! IT LIIIIIIVES!! I now have two legitimate reasons to get a PS4 now! Ahahahahahaaa!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So the only important thing here is the vol 2
Is this a new episode or the same on from BBS final mix? Was that not included in 2.5

i mean...it IS called fragmentary passage in BBs final mix.. is there a confirmation it's a brand new story?
Square Enix describes 0.2 as "A completely new playable episode that links to the story of KINGDOM HEARTS III, taking place after the storyline of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep played from the perspective of Aqua." so it is more than the Secret Episode from Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

It uses the Kingdom Hearts III graphics and will no doubt serve as a demo into the gameplay for Kingdom Hearts III.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

so this it they no reason to release anything else now once this is relased kh3 is 2017 full steam ahead now there no more excuses 2.8 is the final chapter part one and kh3 is part 2

LedxirnSimon

I think Miss Taochan died from excitement over the fact BBS Volume 2 has finally been made a reality.

LET'S BRING HER BACK TO STAND UP! *casts a PHOENIX DOWN on her*

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

!!!

I didn't think I'd want to get DDD again, but the rest of this, makes it worth it. It'll also make it easier for one of my FFXI/FFXIV buddies that I've been trying to talk into getting the collections and get ready for KH3 to finish catching up! And..at least I get yet another game to feed my new PS4 with!

And I guess KH3 is 2017 but this + a bunch of other games I haven't beaten should keep me plenty busy!

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Didn't think they'd actually show of anything but damn, I'm so diddlying hyped now, that Aqua shot of BBS V.2 was the best even if I'm assuming it's just a short prologue about 3-5 hours long.

Edit - Any word on BBS V.2 yet? Could it be a full game or at least 8-12 hours like when you only play as one character in BBS, for all we know can it include other characters such as Axel or Riku in KHII, the first V.2 trailer was showing some shit like that.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Gotta love such an unqualified statement.
No one is stalling for time as it was never ever stated anywhere that KH 3 is slated to come out before 2017.
In fact there was never stated anything regarding a release date at all. They only have an internal release window for the project and Nomura did state that he felt unveiling KH III already at E3 2013 was way too early.

In contrast to that, it was stated that it would feel odd to leave DDD out of the "catching up" package that was started with the HD Remixes and thus that something would be done with it was to be expected.
The way they actually choose right now is pretty clever too, as by including material from x[chi] they prevent continuity lookout for those who can't or don't want to play the browser/smartphone game and on top they will probably give the audience something of a feel for the actual KH III gameplay system as the episode with Aqua seems to be made with the same engine as KH III.

Could it be a full game or at least 8-12 hours like when you only play as one character in BBS, for all we know can it include other characters such as Axel or Riku in KHII, the first V.2 trailer was showing some shit like that.

On this I'm actually expecting it to be like in DDD, as that the player controls only Aqua, but several episodes/chapters and each one takes place during a different time during the KH series between BBS and DDD.
Once you finish an episode, you'll get a cutscene featuring other characters which shows a) which time period we are and b) what those are up to like in DDD when you finished a world you get a scene from a different location.
I.e. when you finish the first episode as Aqua, you'll unlock a scene (or several) showing Xehanort and the Apprentices with their experiments, proving that the time period is between BBS and KH I. After the second episode, you get some scenes taking place during KH I and so forth.
With this way, nearly all of the scenes from the original Fragmentary passage can be included.

Last edited:

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

!!!

I didn't think I'd want to get DDD again, but the rest of this, makes it worth it. It'll also make it easier for one of my FFXI/FFXIV buddies that I've been trying to talk into getting the collections and get ready for KH3 to finish catching up! And..at least I get yet another game to feed my new PS4 with!

And I guess KH3 is 2017 but this + a bunch of other games I haven't beaten should keep me plenty busy!

Well I have vanilla Dream Drop Distance pretty soon until I get my PlayStation 4 soon. So this won't be the first time I have two versions.

Emperor

HOlY. SH-T! BBS .02? They actually diddlying did it. Aqua looks awesome! And this remix is for the PS4? I now have hope for first two making their way over. I am a bit confused on Chi back cover though, what exactly are they going to do with the game? So many questions and so much hype!

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Whoa did not expect to see this when I got up this morning. Really happy for DDD to make a return and now 0.2 BBS! Pretty epic

Death

Your #1 Bruh

I'm so hype for this. FIRST TASTE OF DEM SHADERS DOEEEEEE. And DDD in HD on the PS4 looks so crisp. KHX Back Cover is pretty much like Re:Coded and the roxas game where its just cutscenes.

Muke

whatever
Awards

fucking awesome ill play this day and night fellas

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

On this I'm actually expecting it to be like in DDD, as that the player controls only Aqua, but several episodes/chapters and each one takes place during a different time during the KH series between BBS and DDD.
Once you finish an episode, you'll get a cutscene featuring other characters which shows a) which time period we are and b) what those are up to like in DDD when you finished a world you get a scene from a different location.
I.e. when you finish the first episode as Aqua, you'll unlock a scene (or several) showing Xehanort and the Apprentices with their experiments, proving that the time period is between BBS and KH I. After the second episode, you get some scenes taking place during KH I and so forth.
With this way, nearly all of the scenes from the original Fragmentary passage can be included.
That would work really well, as long as we get to see at least one world fall to the darkness I'm completely fine with it.

Morgenstern

Awards

IT CAN'T BE REAL

WHAT THE HELL IS BACK COVER

WHAT WILL 0.2 REVEAL

WHAT IS HAPPENING

I'm preety sure Back Cover is for chi what the Days and Coded were...thoughtit begs the question how they are to handle DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back