• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precursor Mar

Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

So this is basically KH3's Ground Zeroes, except it has an actual good amount of content.

Glad I didn't have to buy a 3DS for DDD, it's the only major title I haven't played. And I won't have to deal with any agonizing 3D or outdated video quality. A Chi movie is cool, I guess. Now, I don't really give a flying cactus about BBSV2, but 0.2 is the perfect way to see how Osaka is doing with KH3's gameplay. I want to see Aqua doing all that cool shit Sora was doing in the KH3 trailers (except things like Attraction Flow, obviously).

And please for the love of Christ, don't make us use the shitty command deck for 0.2.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I still can't believe that something that people were saying to "let go already" a week ago is now a true reality. Packaged with DDD HD as well. AND Chi. AirbagVII predicted EVERYTHING. It's Christmas come early.

It always happens that way, it seems. I remember the week before they announced the 2.5 Collector's Edition, I was like "If there was going to be a proper special edition, they would've announced it by now. They're not doing it," and then I ate my words so goodly.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

So for 0.2 what do you suppose will be the worlds? Or will this be the first title (CoM if you're technical) where it occurs in one area, the RoD?

Also do you suppose Ansem the Wise will play a role in this game?

Ven_Roxas

Awards

Don't have a chance to read all the comments right now, so sorry if it was already said, but is anyone else excited for Aqua's Attraction Flow? That is, if the things from the leak are to be trusted, I'd assume that is where Attraction Flow from "2.9" would fit

Rael_Oblivion

HOORAY DDD HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That fight with Wargoyle as Riku on the top of the cathedral is going to be BREATHTAKING! It was gorgeous enough with the tiny 3DS screen with the 3D slider, but now on a big screen with all that fire... The TWEWY crew on the big screen! Plus Symphony of Sorcery with TV speakers! (Excuse me while I go get my sheet music for the Nutcracker Suite and resist the urge to follow/play along.)

Still want ReMIXes for the PS4, but I'll take what I can get!

Obviously, I am super excited for DDD HD, but I have a question about fragmentary passage/BbS 0.2- Square Enix said it will be playable, but how do you think that will actually translate into gameplay? Giving Aqua a set list of commands and having everyone use those? It's probably too early for speculation like that, but I've never gotten to play as Aqua before, so I have no idea what to expect, lol. I'm nervous I'd die instantly every time and never make progress in BbS 0.2.

Last edited:

Precursor Mar

So for 0.2 what do you suppose will be the worlds? Or will this be the first title (CoM if you're technical) where it occurs in one area, the RoD?

Doubtful. That would make 0.2 nothing but a overglorified Secret Episode remake. It all depends on the amount of effort, time, and resources Square is willing to spend on it. In any case we'll most likely start off at Castle of Dreams.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Oh heck yeah, the Heartless will be really scary. What if they have sections that are similar to the Final Ansem fight, where there are areas that are completely dark, and you can only see the Heartless location because of their yellow glowing eyes? I gonna have nightmares. :(

Heh, at least the Purebloods will be actually look like threatening monsters (except the normal Shadows probably).

Also do you suppose Ansem the Wise will play a role in this game?

Since Aqua is trapped in the RoD, that will probably be the case, although they may mix it up by changing the scenery to several destroyed Disney worlds from KH 1 as a background.

Possible, since the game might show events from all over the timeline of the KH series starting from the end of BBS itself up to the start of DDD, showing things that weren't shown beforehand.

Doubtful. That would make 0.2 nothing but a overglorified Secret Episode remake. It all depends on the amount of effort, time, and resources Square is willing to spend on it. In any case we'll most likely start off at Castle of Dreams.

The thing is that there are no worlds in the Realm of Darkness. The only possible difference to the landscape of the Realm as we already know it may be the ruins of Disney worlds destroyed during KH 1 but they certainly won't play out like an average world visit in other KH games because there's no one for Aqua to interact with.
If a world gets destroyed, as established by KH 1 itself, its inhabitants are either turned into Heartless, scattered to the sea of between and eventually end up in places like Traverse Town or fall into sleep.
The main interaction between characters will most likely come from scenes outside the Realm of Darkness that are intertwined with Aqua's progress in the playable segments.
Of course, it is also possible that Aqua may find the remnants of destroyed worlds we did not see in KH 1 at all, possibly even non-Disney worlds, and that's where the interesting parts will start.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I hope we get the dystopic Castle of Dreams setting. I always found that image striking for some reason.

notnow123487

Awards

So I think the big reason it's not on XB is because of the touchpad and the need that for DDD. I think they would have done Xbox if they could have. I don't think 0.2 will be more than five hours. This is a bundle of games so there's not going to be a full length III graphics game here. It's a prologue so it'll be short. It will serve the same purpose as Roxas in khII. I think 0.2 will be in III but it will be optional so that XB players have the chance to play it and you can skip it if you've already played it, but it's needed for the central story of III like Roxas was.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's also possible Sony could have also done what Microsoft did to get KH3 on Xbone in the first place, and made it worth $quare Enix'$ while.

Tetsujin

0.2 was described as a new playable "episode". I wouldn't expect it to be a full fledged game with several worlds. I'd expect it to have maybe an hour or two of gameplay, all in the Realm of Darkness.

sora x kairi

This is great to hear! I cant wait to hear more for it and i think its going to be the best final chapter of KH 1.5 & 2.5

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

everybody, let's internet group hug.

@staff you guys must be blue holding your breath for so long lmao

Precursor Mar

The thing is that there are no worlds in the Realm of Darkness. The only possible difference to the landscape of the Realm as we already know it may be the ruins of Disney worlds destroyed during KH 1 but they certainly won't play out like an average world visit in other KH games because there's no one for Aqua to interact with.
If a world gets destroyed, as established by KH 1 itself, its inhabitants are either turned into Heartless, scattered to the sea of between and eventually end up in places like Traverse Town or fall into sleep.
The main interaction between characters will most likely come from scenes outside the Realm of Darkness that are intertwined with Aqua's progress in the playable segments.
Of course, it is also possible that Aqua may find the remnants of destroyed worlds we did not see in KH 1 at all, possibly even non-Disney worlds, and that's where the interesting parts will start.

I already know this, man. I was referring to ruined worlds. I'm not expecting Aqua to arrive at Castle of Dreams and find all the Cinderella characters just as they were before and having a gay old time.

It's also possible Sony could have also done what Microsoft did to get KH3 on Xbone in the first place, and made it worth $quare Enix'$ while.

Do we know if this is even true? It not that hard to believe that Square just made it multiplatform in order to get more money. Unlike any of the HD collections, KH3 is going to sell more on its name alone. Developing games is too expensive for 3rd party publishers to make their games exclusive to just one console.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Nope, I as able to breathe just fine knowing.

Wait, did you guys know? 0_0

everybody, let's internet group hug.

tumblr_nj06guQnce1t3xksao1_250.gif

sora x kairi

Also i had heard that 2.8 would be on PS4 and PS3 or is it just on PS4? :\

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Wait, did you guys know? 0_0

tumblr_nj06guQnce1t3xksao1_250.gif
yep. mods get the inside scoop on lots we don't know about. chaser told me they've been playing kingdom karts, the super secret unannounced wii u racing title that is necessary to understand III, TBA at square's conference. please look forward to it.

DropDistance

I can't wait!! Is BBS 0.2 gonna be a full game though? Or is it gonna be one of those short 8 hour games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back