• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 - Simple and Clean - Ray of Hope MIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That was sort of the point, no? To sound childish. It is meant to sound youthful and fun, like the days when everything was filled with hope. The thing starting with Sora, Riku, and Kairi as kids playing on the beach is meant to set that tone.
Yes. But do you really think it fits with the rest of the Trailer?
I don't really think of it as part of the trailer though. I just don't really like the mix itself, regardless if it fits or not

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes. But do you really think it fits with the rest of the Trailer?
I don't really think of it as part of the trailer though. I just don't really like the mix itself, regardless if it fits or not

Yes I do. I think the whole thing embodies the tone they are trying to set: Hope. Hope in the face of adversity. Hope when there is nothing left to hope for. It's fun and peppy, intentionally opposite of the darker tone of the trailer.

Since we've yet to see the opening to 0.2 in its entirety, we can't even begin to judge it in that manner.

I love the song. It's not just fun on its own but it intentionally evokes the feelings one felt when playing KH1 as children. It's new discoveries, sunny days, friendship, and light.

It is fine to dislike it, though. It isn't everybody's cup of tea. I do wish you could see what the overall intent was behind this, though.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Since we've yet to see the opening to 0.2 in its entirety, we can't even begin to judge it in that manner.
Jugde what? The song? Why would the Opening change anything?

It is fine to dislike it, though. It isn't everybody's cup of tea. I do wish you could see what the overall intent was behind this, though.
I do understand. But understanding something =/= liking it

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
This song makes me realize they should have been doing this the whole time instead of just using Hikari and Passion over and over again.

When the song first started and I saw the kids playing, I was overwhelmed with feelings. It got me pumped and excited, it gave me old and new feelings. I don't think the typical Passion or Hikari track would give it the same 'fresh' feeling, and giving the trailer a dramatic somber mood has been done time and time again.

For some reason, I feel like it perfectly fits not only the trailer, but Aqua's entire journey down there as she tries to hold on.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The song sounding childish also goes along with the fairy tale of the children with the light restoring the worlds. :>

---

Edit:

And if you think about it, the Guardians of Light are this new generation of the children that will save the worlds from the Darkness (Seekers).

Dark Drive

Awards
I can't wait until the whole thing comes out. It's nice that people are trying to make a track out of what we have but you can hear the cuts in the song ;~;

Vasquez

Awards
I like the refrain in the Hikari remix. For some reson it just sounds moe urgent then it's equal in Simple and Clean.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I like the song, but I don't think it fits the urgency and dark tones of 0.2. As I'm listening, all I'm thinking is it's too bright for the realm of darkness. To me, it portrays the opposite of what I would expect. It effectively hyped up the trailer, but when Aqua is attacked by Venitas and Terranort and you hear a "let's go!" Followed by a bright bubble pop sound, idk... I don't think it fits for anything other than the trailer. But maybe it'll be better when we see the actual opening of the game.

But I do really like this remix. I've watched the trailer just for the song a couple times.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Can't entirely tell why, but that tweet kinda sounds passive-aggressive to me. xD
i don't think so i mean i uderstand that she still bitter about disney money situation and how she doesnt like to make englsih songs which i odnt blame her but she still love the kh commuity and what it mean to her

AirbagVII

Awards
Full Extended Theme is finally here and like we expected, it's AMAZING!!!

Man, that opening movie got me like... :eek:

[video=youtube;bziqqeHpkJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bziqqeHpkJ4[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back