• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Still On Track For 2016 Release in NA/Europe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's been a while since the last bit of news about Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue was released, with a single screenshot of Daybreak Town from Back Cover released to celebrate the 14th anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series.

If you were one of the people who was worried that the HD collection would not release in 2016 in North America and Europe because of some wording in the trailers last year, you can rest easy. The first entry on Playstation 4 systems, which boasts Kingdom Hearts HD Dream Drop DistanceKingdom Hearts X Back Cover, and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep A Fragmentary Passage, was confirmed by Square Enix's Financial Results that it is still on track for a 2016 release in North America and Europe.

While the 2016 Fiscal year doesn't end until March 2017, E3 is just around the corner with the popular gaming convention taking place once again in Los Angeles on June 14th-16th. With the collection still on its way, Square Enix would be wise to ramp up marketing, starting with a confirmed release date at this event.

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 HD Still On Track For 2016 Release in NA/Europe

That's good to hear. Was getting a bit worried for a sec.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'd say this pretty much sets the chances for at least a release month if not even the full date for 2.8 at over 90% possibility.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Before anyone says anything, yes I know the fiscal year goes into 2017 but I like to find hope that there will be no delay for this game and it's 2016 listing on that page is for 2016, not "fiscal year 2016"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

That's so reassuring. Lets hope that E3 actually reveals a release date so people don't complain that 2.8 is a detriment to Kingdom Hearts III's development (I personally don't think it is: some fans do).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That's so reassuring. Lets hope that E3 actually reveals a release date so people don't complain that 2.8 is a detriment to Kingdom Hearts III's development (I personally don't think it is: some fans do).
It's sad that some people think that and ignore that II.8 has been in development along side KH3's announcement since the start.

Sorakh212

Awards

Idk why people would think otherwise in the first place. I mean maybe if it needed more time in development but that seems very unlikely to me given the current state of things and how much is being funneled into KH3 and other games at the moment. That and DDD was already finished just need to be ported to PS4. I'm betting KH2.8 will either come out some time in the Fall most likely October or in the Winter in December. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Idk why people would think otherwise in the first place.
People thought so because the English trailers ended with "Now in Development" whereas the Japanese trailers ended with "Coming 2016". Fans ignored the description for the English videos where it said "Coming 2016" and to this day people still thought it was unlikely to launch in 2016. All should be revealed at E3 though.

That and DDD was already finished just need to be ported to PS4. I'm betting KH2.8 will either come out some time in the Fall most likely October or in the Winter in December. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Porting DDD to the PS4 was akin to remaking the game, so says Nomura, due to the need to change all the 3DS specific stuff such as touch screen and second screen to make it work on a single screen.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Last year I thought it'd release around July or so, but as of now, I guess around October is actually more...realistic.
Thinking about how long I've been waiting for more Aqua until now, the few months won't kill me either. xD

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I wouldn't even mind the wait if we actually got..y'know a pic of Aqua's face.

The back of her head can only do so much!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Nice to have confirmation that II.8 is coming 2016. Maybe we will finally see Aqua in action during E3.

MellowDynamic

Website
www.facebook.com

I was waiting for news on this one, this makes me happy.
No date yet, but there's only 7 months left this year, that'll pass pretty fast. ... I hope xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Thank freaking goodness! I was worried we'd have to wait like with 2.5.

We should definitely be seeing some Aqua action and the release date at E3 by this point.
With chi ending in September, October would sound like a good month to release 2.8.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Besides Aqua, I'd enjoy a glance at how KH 3D is going to work on the PS4, somehow. For example how they recreated the world-exclusive flowmotion-actions.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

4 hours and no one pointed out Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back