• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Still On Track For 2016 Release in NA/Europe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Sound good news to us. Anyone think it might come out during the holiday season?
If they follow the model of 2.5's release then it would be out in Japan in October and internationally in December. But who knows. Personally I'd be a little surprised to see Square give so little breathing room to FFXV given how many bets they seem to have hinged on it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Personally I'd be a little surprised to see Square give so little breathing room to FFXV given how many bets they seem to have hinged on it.

in my opinion the only option is to release it early summer. /sarcasm

/not really. please square. i love 3D so much, i can't wait too much longer.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Wait... people were actually thinking this would release later than 2016.

I don't know, I'd be VERY surprised if this was released in 2017. The HD collection really only contains DDD (which, granted, they would have had to change a bit because the original game takes advantage of 3DS gimmicks), a bunch of cutscenes based on the story of KHX, and what is basically like an hour-long demo for KH3. I can't imagine it taking any longer than KH1.5 or KH2.5 considering there's really only one fully complete game in this HD collection.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
in my opinion the only option is to release it early summer. /sarcasm

/not really. please square. i love 3D so much, i can't wait too much longer.
Release it in August for all the Leos!

I don't know, I'd be VERY surprised if this was released in 2017. The HD collection really only contains DDD (which, granted, they would have had to change a bit because the original game takes advantage of 3DS gimmicks), a bunch of cutscenes based on the story of KHX, and what is basically like an hour-long demo for KH3. I can't imagine it taking any longer than KH1.5 or KH2.5 considering there's really only one fully complete game in this HD collection.
Relative to the other remasters, however, word is that DDD was a lot more intensive than a simple port, probably something closer to what they had to do with the first game in the 1.5 collection since IIRC they had to basically rebuild that one from scratch as well.

But yeah all things considered there's no way this comes out any later than December. 2017 is the year of KH3.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Not trying to be mean, but is it me or is everyone latching onto December than pretty much any month before it?

...Maybe?
Is that a bad thing? Dunno about 2.8 - like I said, I could imagine that to release in October - but if KH 3 does release in 2017, I think around Christmas would be a good time.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I fully expect Kingdom Hearts 2.8 to come out this year. I just can't really see it getting delayed till next year. It will probably be released in October for Japan and December for the west like how 2.5 was released.

I'm also with the mindset that 2017 will be the year for Kingdom Hearts 3. It will be 15 years since the original game came out, and it would tie in perfectly with that anniversary.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wait... people were actually thinking this would release later than 2016.

Right, but bear in mind that they basically have to remake DDD since the controls were made for 3DS, so all of that has to be reworked, and then the other things, while not full games or anything, are being made in Unreal Engine 4 and will require a lot more polish and touch-up, visually and mechanically. They only announced it in September of last year, so it's not hard to imagine it getting delayed to 2017 what with AAA game development getting harder and more expensive these days. And now that Square has finally moved KH over to modern day tech, the dev time is going to take even longer, so even if there's just one remade game with old visuals, the amount of dev work really isn't any smaller, I don't imagine. However, we now have confirmation that the game is releasing this year anyway, but Nintendo "confirmed" Zelda for both 2015 and 2016, so I take this in a cautiously optimistic manner.

Pestilence

Awards
Seems fake to me. There is nothing that is too hard to fake. Also every trailer from HD collections has the title first and then the footage, in this it goes from 0.2 title to DDD footage.

Also what kind of friggin early screening for employees would clap like that?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's not real, this guy did almost the exact same thing last year with the III trailer. It was a good fake, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back