• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Trailer Featuring KH3 Footage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Not gonna lie, it's beginning to worry me. I was fine with the time travel because Nomura was smart and made it so that it didn't mess with anything, it was only the explanation of how it works and why it was used that made it confusing.

This, on the other hand, has me skeptical. Kingdom Hearts is already weird with its plot, but its always been weird in that understandably anime-ish kind of way. The story contents of Chi, on the other hand, are making me think the story may get far fetched enough to actually make me upset with it, and I'm one of those diehard "KH can do no wrong" fanboys who has been totally fine with the entire KH lore thus far.

I also think time traveling, while still crazy, kind of has no option but to be in the series now given we needed all these version of Xehanort and how could they not be if not for some level of time or dimension traveling.

To be frank, I never saw the necessity of Chi (still don't), which is why I was super happy that it was originally non-canon and even when it became canon didn't mind since hey, the Keyblade War DID happen, and it was cool to see it happen. That being said, yeah, now that Chi has so many recurring connections to KH3 (not just the overarching plot of causing the worlds to fall to darkness leading to KH1) I find myself getting a bit flustered.

That being said, I'll always be one of those, as you put it "diehard KH fans who thinks KH can do no wrong." There has been a lot of unnecessary Kingdom Hearts stuff both in the games and even in merchandise (I cannot reiterate enough that 14 Sora Play Arts figures and 0 Aqua Play Arts figures is not OK), but, if it's blind love, it's blind love, I'm just like "sure" and I keep going :p

Hirokey123

Awards
The Master of Masters had an eye that can see the future explains why the book of prophecies is even a thing that exists. I wonder if this future seeing eye ties into the evil looking blue eye that adorns Xehanort's keyblade and the keyblade of the 5 foretellers.... More importantly I wonder if Xehanort has this eye or a lesser form of it as that would explain so much especially certain events in DDD that the game abruptly interrupted the explanation of.

Morgenstern

Awards
The Master of Masters had an eye that can see the future explains why the book of prophecies is even a thing that exists. I wonder if this future seeing eye ties into the evil looking blue eye that adorns Xehanort's keyblade and the keyblade of the 5 foretellers.... More importantly I wonder if Xehanort has this eye or a lesser form of it as that would explain so much especially certain events in DDD that the game abruptly interrupted the explanation of.

You might be onto something with the blue eye that appears in the keyblade of anyone that Xehanort has corrupted or influenced at some point, Darkgnaw, Chaos Ripper, Void Gear, No Name, End of Pain, even the Way to the Dawn has it, and that keyblade was obtained after Riku was free of Xehanort's influence (unless I missed something in Days or Another Side), the fact that the eye also appears in the Foreteller's keys might imply a connection to Xehanort and something equivalent to the Eye of Odin might be the connection

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I saw dodge roll in the new KHIII footage. That's more than enough for me right now. #DodgeRollIsMyNumberOneFriendinKH.

No dub for the Back Cover stuff, huh? Makes me wonder if SENA has cast anyone for those roles yet...

Also, did I hear wrong, or did they use Riku's Japanese battle grunts for this trailer? A bit weird, since everything else seems to be in English for 3D, but whatever, I guess.
I don't think the Dodge Roll appears at all here. Instead, it looks like Sora uses Sliding Dash variants; one with fire, and one with ice. If you're looking for Dodge Rolls, the E3 2015 trailer was rife with them if you look around a little bit. :)

The lack of dubbing is to be expected, really. After all, it's only the original trailer with English voices plastered over it where and if possible. The early II.5 trailers do the same thing, as well. I think it shows how relatively early in this is, though; we probably won't hear a full, proper English dub with lip-syncs and whatnot for quite some time.

Still, I'm pretty excited, and wasn't expecting to see any battle footage of III that we hadn't seen already. The rays of light that Sora launches from his Keyblade Guns at Rock Titan look very similar to the ones shot during Ragnarok (or Infinity, if you go by the II.5 translation), and during some of the Olympus footage Sora seems to be flinging himself around using a move that looks similar to Ars Arcanum. The brief attacking shot in the Tangled world vaguely reminds me of Rising Sun, with the exception of the finishing blow, which kind of reminds me of Light Spear Cannon from the Tales of series, and then there's the Sliding Dash variants I mentioned above, and...

Guh, so much to look at! I'm not one for hype trains, but I'm buying my ticket. Choo-choo!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I also think time traveling, while still crazy, kind of has no option but to be in the series now given we needed all these version of Xehanort and how could they not be if not for some level of time or dimension traveling.

To be frank, I never saw the necessity of Chi (still don't), which is why I was super happy that it was originally non-canon and even when it became canon didn't mind since hey, the Keyblade War DID happen, and it was cool to see it happen. That being said, yeah, now that Chi has so many recurring connections to KH3 (not just the overarching plot of causing the worlds to fall to darkness leading to KH1) I find myself getting a bit flustered.

That being said, I'll always be one of those, as you put it "diehard KH fans who thinks KH can do no wrong." There has been a lot of unnecessary Kingdom Hearts stuff both in the games and even in merchandise (I cannot reiterate enough that 14 Sora Play Arts figures and 0 Aqua Play Arts figures is not OK), but, if it's blind love, it's blind love, I'm just like "sure" and I keep going :p

Don't get me wrong, I still love Kingdom Hearts with every fiber of my being. Like, I understand how silly and contrived its plot is, and yet I love it a bajillion times more than even Tolkien's work (keep in mind, I understand Tolkien's writings are of infinitely higher quality and talent, I just have a way stronger connection to KH than LotR, is all). Kingdom Hearts will always be near and dear to my heart, as it is one of my favorite things on this planet.

I'm only worried that Chi will make the story too weird. Stories with prophecies and future-seeing and time travel get cliche and weird really fast. Kingdom Hearts does cliches, but they're fine because the feels are always there. I know that I'm basing this off of nothing more than gut reaction to a story I know nothing of, but my initial reaction to Chi's addition to the plot is "This is going to change the feel of the entire series, and perhaps sour up the series' overall story, and even the regular games won't feel the same anymore".

It's kinda like how some people thought DDD ruined aspects of the original games. Such as how, prior to all the later games, Ansem was on Destiny Islands just to bring the world into darkness, but we later find out that he was also there to transfer his time-travel powers to his young self and then also to wait for Sora and Riku so he could follow them into the Realm of Sleep. It adds additional context to the pre-existing games, and that additional information can alter the feel of a game once you know said info. I'm worried about Chi doing that to the entire series as a whole, since the events that take place in it are the origins of the whole series and directly affect the entire franchise.

Anagram

Banned
Finally got to see the trailer. Aqua is still the most interesting thing haha. Also just noticed it said that those foretellers got a "copy" of the book of prophecies. Meaning where the hell is the original?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Finally got to see the trailer. Aqua is still the most interesting thing haha. Also just noticed it said that those foretellers got a "copy" of the book of prophecies. Meaning where the hell is the original?

If a certain fan theory is correct, Chi is all being played out as someone in the real world reads the Book of Prophecies, hence why the game begins with the book opening up. I'll bet that, if that's true, whoever is the one reading the book and playing out the events of Chi as they read it is the one with the original.

(It's Kairi's Grandma, and she's one of the 13 Darknesses)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'm only worried that Chi will make the story too weird. Stories with prophecies and future-seeing and time travel get cliche and weird really fast. Kingdom Hearts does cliches, but they're fine because the feels are always there. I know that I'm basing this off of nothing more than gut reaction to a story I know nothing of, but my initial reaction to Chi's addition to the plot is "This is going to change the feel of the entire series, and perhaps sour up the series' overall story, and even the regular games won't feel the same anymore".
I feel different, mostly because this time it isn't "Master Xehanort doing all the weird stuff" but we have a new set of characters, new places and new plot devices. At least to me [chi] seems to be a way to connect all the strange stuff we've seen before (time travel, sleeping worlds, memories, datascape) and make somehow sense of it all (or not, because we aren't there yet).

I think you're right, thematically would make more sense this way.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, that new gameplay bit from KHIII looked really cool! Everything was so smooth and the Keyblade transformations seem to be very well connected with the overall gameplay. Can`t wait to blast some laser at the face of Rock Titan. :D

Awards
In this better quality, I've noticed that the Station of Awakening in the KHχ Back Cover footage is using more layers and textures than we've seen used in those before. I think, if the Back Cover movie is more than just text and voice over the Station of Awakening visual (god, I hope so), then the movie might be using Kingdom Hearts III's graphics engine as well.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
In this better quality, I've noticed that the Station of Awakening in the KHχ Back Cover footage is using more layers and textures than we've seen used in those before. I think, if the Back Cover movie is more than just text and voice over the Station of Awakening visual (god, I hope so), then the movie might be using Kingdom Hearts III's graphics engine as well.

Yeah, it sure looks like Unreal Engine 4 to me. Hopefully the whole thing is 3D animated cutscenes in the Unreal Engine and not just a bunch of voiceover stuff. That'd be dumb to just have the camera switching between glass panels.

I feel different, mostly because this time it isn't "Master Xehanort doing all the weird stuff" but we have a new set of characters, new places and new plot devices. At least to me [chi] seems to be a way to connect all the strange stuff we've seen before (time travel, sleeping worlds, memories, datascape) and make somehow sense of it all (or not, because we aren't there yet).

This is also true as well. Chi is either going to give the series some much needed context to make its plot devices make more sense in the greater scheme of things, or it's just going to further gunk up the plot with more contrived stuff to attempt to create a coherent logical plot. Here's to hoping for the former.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Soraalam1 did an rather interesting analysis video about the brief KHIII gameplay footage that was shown:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Yn6VH529k

KHIII possibly might have the best gameplay in the entire series. Oh god I am so excited. It really seems that III development is going smoothly as they have been saying in the interviews.

The bits about X makes me very curious.

KH2Rulz

Awards
KHIII possibly might have the best gameplay in the entire series. Oh god I am so excited. It really seems that III development is going smoothly as they have been saying in the interviews.
It better have the best gameplay in the series!

Luckily, it seems to be following the KHII mold fairly closely, so it does look to be shaping up amazingly =)

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Noticed this as well when the bootleg trailer dropped. Pretty sure they're using Unreal for that scene, so I'm guessing the Chi movie will be KH 3 quality graphics-wise.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Noticed this as well when the bootleg trailer dropped. Pretty sure they're using Unreal for that scene, so I'm guessing the Chi movie will be KH 3 quality graphics-wise.
Correctamundo. Another reason why this isn't going to PS3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Correctamundo. Another reason why this isn't going to PS3.

And another reason why I'm looking forward for the first 3D-version of the Foretellers and Ephemera. ;)

Of course, Chirithy also cannot be forgotten.
I wonder how they will depict it with the Unreal 4 engine?
As an otherworldly, slightly weird familiar or as a cute, floating fluffball with a purse?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Y'know, if the whole movie is a full fledged 3D experience and not like a storybook pop up, that means they have to make a Daybreak town.... confirmed for KH3 ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Y'know, if the whole movie is a full fledged 3D experience and not like a storybook pop up, that means they have to make a Daybreak town.... confirmed for KH3 ;)

Eeeeh...well, I'm actually looking forward to having the beauty that is Daybreak Town in splendid 3D (the world is second only to BBS Radiant Garden in my favorite world settings), but you're actually right on that one.

I doubt they would create all the assets for a 3D Daybreak Town just for the x[chi]-Back Cover movie...*rubs hands* heheheh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back