• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Is Coming to TGS With a Trailer and Demo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's almost time for Tokyo Game Show! From the 15th to the 18th of September, the doors to Makuhari Messe International Expo Hall will open for business as companies bring their various games, merchandise, and more for fans to look at and experience.

Square Enix's Tokyo Game Show website recently went live confirming the precense of Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue. Both Dream Drop Distance HD and Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- will both be playable, no doubt the same demos that have been at previous expos such as E3 and Gamescom. A trailer will also be screened at the event. 

With Sony's Pre-TGS conference taking place mere days before Tokyo Game Show doors open, and it being the 1 year anniversary of the announcement of Final Chapter Prologue, will we be getting a brand new trailer the finally confirmed the release date of this Playstation 4 exclusive?

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts! Visit our forums and discuss all of the latest news!

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Is Coming to TGS With Trailer and Demo!

We've got to get a release date (and price point if it isn't $60) here. I imagine they've been waiting to announce it here, as they seemingly wanted all attention at E3 to be on FFXV, and Gamescom wasn't the best market to make this announcement. It'll have its voice heard here. I bet they'll also tell us what our preorder bonus is.

I wonder how they'll let us know when we'll be getting more KH3 news. I doubt they'd stick it at the end of a trailer here, as it's getting close to the time where they'll really want to start pushing 2.8. An updated trailer would be nice, though, as we could see how far the game (and 0.2 in particular) has come since the last video we saw.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I wonder how they'll let us know when we'll be getting more KH3 news. I doubt they'd stick it at the end of a trailer here, as it's getting close to the time where they'll really want to start pushing 2.8. An updated trailer would be nice, though, as we could see how far the game (and 0.2 in particular) has come since the last video we saw.

It's already been confirmed they'll talk KH3 in winter, so Jump Festa is the more likely event where they'll announce stuff.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

It's already been confirmed they'll talk KH3 in winter, so Jump Festa is the more likely event where they'll announce stuff.

Right, I know that. I could have been a bit clearer, but what I meant is I wonder if they'll specifically announce ahead of time when and where they'll give us the news. I also assumed that Jump Festa would be it, but I'm curious as to if we'll get a "KH3 news coming at Jump Festa 2016" somewhere or something to go along with whatever they might announce with 2.8, much like how we got a "KH3 news coming in December" with the last 2.8 trailer. More of a curiously than an expectation.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I wonder if the Demo is the one spread around all the big places like E3 and GameSpot. If not, I see another early world and another portion of 0.2 that we haven't seen.

Trailer wise, more of each game and seeing a little more of Back Cover with Skuld and then.

Side note: once 2.8 comes out and 3 has a release date, the bad title jokes go too. They weren't funny, people made the point.

But regardless and considering I almost had TFS and JF mixed up can't wait.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I want a cool collector's edition announcement and release date

I'll be satisfied

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since it's due to hit in December, I would honestly be surprised if they don't announce a definitive release date yet.

As for the trailer, I'm pretty much more interested in any new glimpses for 0.2 and Back Cover than anything that has to do with DDD.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder if the Demo is the one spread around all the big places like E3 and GameSpot. If not, I see another early world and another portion of 0.2 that we haven't seen.

Gamescom you mean?

They don't usually waste time making new demos. It takes away from development time. With KH games I've only ever seen them stick to one demo build for multiple game events all the way to release.

Karrawong

Yay! I was hoping that SE would release another trailer! I'm more interested in Back Cover and 0.2 then DDD HD. Hopefully the trailer is released to the public and not event exclusive.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Oh sweet, I hope it's put up on youtube too or something. Really interested in seeing more about 0.2 especially.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm pretty much on the about soliciting a definite edition with both, previous ReMixes. I WANT MUH GLORIOUS KH ON PS4!!!!!! D:

And yeah, a release date is imminent, seeing as how we're three months to its release.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Gamescom you mean?

They don't usually waste time making new demos. It takes away from development time. With KH games I've only ever seen them stick to one demo build for multiple game events all the way to release.
So any improvements to 2.8 will most likely be shown in a new trailer then.

Besides that i really want to see footage of Skuld.

Hirokey123

Awards
Hope someone actually records/focuses a bit more on DDD this time. Every 0.2 stuff was the same basically and in the end not a whole lot there to show. Meanwhile DDD has some pretty big changes to its mechanics I want to see in action, in particular the fact they said they were tweaking enemy hit stun. I want to also see more reality shifts in practice and just in general all the subtle tweaks they've done/implied but no one ever really gets any good footage to confirm it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hope someone actually records/focuses a bit more on DDD this time. Every 0.2 stuff was the same basically and in the end not a whole lot there to show. Meanwhile DDD has some pretty big changes to its mechanics I want to see in action, in particular the fact they said they were tweaking enemy hit stun. I want to also see more reality shifts in practice and just in general all the subtle tweaks they've done/implied but no one ever really gets any good footage to confirm it.
We uploaded 4 minutes of DDD footage demos that showed off reality shifts and battles:

[video=youtube;x6B-pajjJOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6B-pajjJOM[/video]

Hirokey123

Awards
I meant more in general not here specifically. You can only tell so much from one source, having multiple videos to compare and catch things the others missed is nice. Basically I just am hoping if this ends up being the same demo there aren't another like 28 videos all focusing only on 0.2 while ignoring DDD. I actually really appreciate khinisider focused on both, I just wish other sites did the same.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like 3D is something you have to experience. Sure I saw the trailers but actually playing the game in 60 FPS on the Gamescom was so, SO much better and more satisfying. <3

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

jump fiesta or the playstaion experice or at a laucnh event plus nomura said he would to have the kh3 with the launch of 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back