• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ not coming to North America and Europe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

eoin

hell ya we riot and if your sreious pick a date than and I'll be there.

TepidShark

Awards
Don't read a ton into this. The support guys only know what has been announced. On anything else they sepculate just as much as we do and they form there own opinions. But they are just that opinions until something becomes offical.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah it was sort of obvious that it wouldnt be coming out this year anyway. Riot if you want but this isnt all confirmed. I dont want to question the person who did the interview but most companies do not want to show/tell about anything that is coming out that way it has a bigger WOW factor. Hell for all we know they might be continously releasing things saying its not coming out then hit us with a one-two showing off the NA version of that and maybe the newer KH game.

Doubt it but they said theres a chance it coming so just keep your hopes up that it is sooner instead of later

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
it's just ridiculous!

demand for a game+the game itself=profit!

Square Enix obviously is overlooking the mutlimillion selling franchise and the endless ideas it could spawn for other projects. I mean look at it this way:

Kingdom Hearts is the Final Fantasy for a new generation.:thumbsup:

I've only played a demo for ff8, plus all 3 kingdom hearts games. i would probably love final fantasy. so do about 1000000 other people. so more final fantasy installments is inevitable. but a dawn of mana? what if people hate the game? it's clear that things people like will stick no matter how much it sucks. but however, with time, they can improve.

example: PS3 launch:thumbdown:but that changed when new games came out.

so, maybe a stateside release for both final mix games is inevitable due to my first and second point. more projects are sure to come up, but veteran gamers look forward to new things from old franchises! i mean, there's new crap popping up everywhere! sometimes it's good:

example: Resistance: Fall of Man

and sometimes it sucks:

example: Rengoku

maybe square enix is being optimistic and hoping that new games will be "all the rage". they have to focus on things that they know are good and keep the customers (us) happy. stuff like KH has, and probably always will. if they keep ignoring it, they are just asking for a attack on japan from american consumers. No matter what they say, i know that final mix will make it here, we just have to wait and be positive.
Look, the game IS NOT coming. Final mix games are only for Japan. Square has never released a Final Mix or International version outside of Japan, Square would not make money if they did release it outside of Japan, it's just not coming. And, honestly, people can hope, but once something has been denied, they learn to deal with it. The game's not coming, you lose, deal with it.

i hope i'm not offending you, but you sound like you live in japan. only someone like that would go around with a "haha, i get final mix and it'll never come out in america" tone like that

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Tchh, I personally think all this rioting is ridiculous, to be honest. I'm surprised at how so many of you were that optimistic. Look guys, if you analyzed it, you'd see it's not worth it( and yes, I'm perfectly aware that I might be sounding very arrogant and insensitive, and I'm sorry).

Firstly, Japan and America are two very different markets with different buying habits. Director's Cut games like the FM's sell reasonably well in Japan, but it's not the same here. In Japan, gaming is much more hardcore and mainstream. Here, games are at a more casual level.

I honestly doubt the game would make enough money to satisfy SE's needs. I mean, it's at full price, it's not like the DMC3 remake which came at 19.99. And no, using the fact that KH is way more popular than DMC as a shield doesn't change the point I'm trying to make.

I understand that a lot of you don't have the resources for importing (I don't, I doubt I'll ever be able to get my hands on the game), and can understand how you feel, but complaining about it will do nothing.

Don't think it's fair that Japan always gets the good stuff? It's always been like that with them, I don't see why you're so surprised. Be grateful you got KH2 in the first place, they could have kept that in Japan too, if they wanted, Disney has no input on SE's business decisions.

As for all that anger and enmity towards SE? SE could care less about how we feel. They would be much better off investing time in new projects like the next KH game, projects that actually have a chance of making money.

And I'm sorry if I angered or offended anyone, but really, I find that behavior ridiculous.

Last edited:
hah.. man..

we should all write letters saying if it doesnt come out.. we will all commit suicide..

i mean youd think theyd get the point with hundreds of suicide threats on the line..?

or. atleast they should.

Souten Ni Zase

i hope i'm not offending you, but you sound like you live in japan. only someone like that would go around with a "haha, i get final mix and it'll never come out in america" tone like that
No, I imported the game. It's worth the money spent, actually. If you were a real hardcore KH fan, you would just import, but hey, some people can't, I guess. And no, my tone is due to the whining of people who don't get the game. You have to analyze the situation, do some research, and the truth is that Square is just not going to release it here. America is a completely different market with completely different buying habits. These remakes don't sell well in America, but well in Japan. That's why they release them in Japan only. And Square doesn't care about how the fans feel about it, they just want their profit. Final Mix+ in America = No Profit.

Sora1296

*not to be rude to anyone* but people can say whatever they want, until i hear a NO!NO! from nomura or Square Enix itself i wont belive anything

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
SE will never go and directly state that it will NOT come here. Either they'll say it will or they won't say anything about it, leaving us to assume that it won't after a while has gone by.

Another thing: Nomura has no control over this situation. He develops the game and oversees the project, he has absolutely no input on business decisions such as these.

No, I imported the game. It's worth the money spent, actually. If you were a real hardcore KH fan, you would just import, but hey, some people can't, I guess. And no, my tone is due to the whining of people who don't get the game. You have to analyze the situation, do some research, and the truth is that Square is just not going to release it here. America is a completely different market with completely different buying habits. These remakes don't sell well in America, but well in Japan. That's why they release them in Japan only. And Square doesn't care about how the fans feel about it, they just want their profit. Final Mix+ in America = No Profit.

Thank you. That was exactly the point I was trying to make. I'm glad to see there are people with that attitude.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
hah.. man..

we should all write letters saying if it doesnt come out.. we will all commit suicide..

i mean youd think theyd get the point with hundreds of suicide threats on the line..?

or. atleast they should.

ROFLOL xD

i'm in!!..*drops RIOT sign* *picks up SUICIDE sign*, hehe

how drastic,i love it..

but yeah i guess nothing is final till an official says "HELLZ NO!" so don't freak

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I AGREE! D:<

I've been saying this a lot since KHN posted up at the support thing. I don't care if you know people from the company, I don't care if you talked to support and got answers, and I don't care if your whole family works for SQUARE and knows every single little detail running through that place.

I will say this, KHN was really irresponsible and honestly a little silly asking SE Live Support for a confirmation and then posting it as truce. Really, live support knows absolutely nothing. V__V; I dont know what was going through Mike's (KHN) head thinking that, but it really is irresponsible and is giving the wrong message. It's up to KH fans if they want to continue to fight for the game.

Nonetheless, I am taking this as a worst case scenario basis, so we'll have an import guide ready for people still interested.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
Isn't SE pretty much a hog with their "remade" games with extras hmm? Let's just hope they will decide to release it at least in Europe, since FFX International was released in EUR and I believe it has an English interface...even though it's PAL and I'll most likely need a chip to play PAL games...again we can only hope that the seemingly impossible will be possible.

Also, the Star Ocean 3 US release turned out to be the Director's Cut with extras (i.e. 2 more playable characters). I just hope someday SE will compensate and release their re-vamped other games worldwide. Maybe someday...

Apollo

Silver Member
well that just suckes but I kind of saw it comeing now I have import it! dang it! Yes I do hope SE will release their remakes worldwide too!

Phalinx

It would be worth the import if I could READ JAPANESE.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
sorry. it's just that i'm too broke to import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back