• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II FM+ Release date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kthundercat

Guess..... Hopefully though we will hear some news about whether or not it is coming statesside after it releases in Japan. I would rather them give me ANY answer than no answer at all that way I know whether or not I have to get Swap Magic.

vonfinell

I think that it would be a very, VERY poor business decision to hold FM+ from America's hands. With the first one it was understandable because a.) We got KZ and Phantom while Japan didn't and b.) KH didn't have all that many American fans.
However, the KH fanbase has skyrocketed since KH2's release (mainly because KH2 is a great game while KH1 was just an above average one) and there is no reason for them to not do it. Even if it was with Japanese with subs, I would actually PREFER that! I would just like to state, however, than even if it doesn't come out in America, I will go out of my way to play it. I'm just that much of a fanboy.

TepidShark

Awards
I think that it would be a very, VERY poor business decision to hold FM+ from America's hands. With the first one it was understandable because a.) We got KZ and Phantom while Japan didn't and b.) KH didn't have all that many American fans.
However, the KH fanbase has skyrocketed since KH2's release (mainly because KH2 is a great game while KH1 was just an above average one) and there is no reason for them to not do it. Even if it was with Japanese with subs, I would actually PREFER that! I would just like to state, however, than even if it doesn't come out in America, I will go out of my way to play it. I'm just that much of a fanboy.

I think you are wrong about KH1 not getting American fans, according to the sales thing that put out KH1 in America sold 3 million copies while the sales of the original japanese KH1 and KH:FM combined were only 1.5 milliion.

TepidShark

Awards
Either way, vonfinell has a good point.

It would be a huge disappointment to American KH fans.
Even then the sales would be high in Japan. Soooo

I totally agree that it would be a disappointment for the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ to not come to North America but I am just saying that I don't think lack of sales of the North American version of Kingdom Hearts 1 was a reason why the Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix didn't come to North America.

Voltron

Silver Member
i really hope it comes out in America.

ok n00b question. if they release FM in America will the RE: CoM be voiced in English?

sorry if its off topic just can remeber

TepidShark

Awards
i really hope it comes out in America.

ok n00b question. if they release FM in America will the RE: CoM be voiced in English?

sorry if its off topic just can remeber

Who knows what will happen if it is coming to America. My guess is for Re:CoM they may keep the Japanese voiceovers with English subtitles because it might be to hard to figure out how to do replacements for not only younger Sora and Riku but also Namine and DiZ because those two were voiced by major actors and it might be hard to get them back for Re:CoM. Plus, Nomura said he wanted North American fans to experince the Japanese voice cast, and that might be a good way to do it. But, personally I would prefer English voiceovers, but at the end of the day I would just be happy getting the game in North America and that I could understand the story in some way.

Darckcloud

Who knows what will happen if it is coming to America. My guess is for Re:CoM they may keep the Japanese voiceovers with English subtitles because it might be to hard to figure out how to do replacements for not only younger Sora and Riku but also Namine and DiZ because those two were voiced by major actors and it might be hard to get them back for Re:CoM. Plus, Nomura said he wanted North American fans to experince the Japanese voice cast, and that might be a good way to do it. But, personally I would prefer English voiceovers, but at the end of the day I would just be happy getting the game in North America and that I could understand the story in some way.

Well They wouldnt have Redo DIz's voice sense i dont think he aged much.As for Sora,Riku and Kairi.here pretty much screwed unless the actors can make there voices sound younger.There probably even be more actors sense because of the Re:Com Disc for alll the org members -__-

TepidShark

Awards
Well They wouldnt have Redo DIz's voice sense i dont think he aged much.As for Sora,Riku and Kairi.here pretty much screwed unless the actors can make there voices sound younger.There probably even be more actors sense because of the Re:Com Disc for alll the org members -__-

But DiZ has different lines in Re:CoM then in KH2, so if they couldn't get Christopher Lee again they would still have to find a different actor for DiZ.

spiffy girl

is anyone going to pre-order from play-asia? if so do they charge you right when you pre-order or when they delivery the game?

R

Roxas Complete

I'll do that if I find out that Square Enix isn't going to release KH2:FM+ to the US. Though I found out that the game might be released to America, due to the fact that Gamefaqs said that KH2:FM+ will be released to the US on fall 2007. (Not sure of what month or date) Then again, maybe they're just lying. I never learned to trust Gamefaqs' web site information. Click on this link if you want to find out yourself, but don't get your hopes up.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/935702.html

Last edited:

TepidShark

Awards
I'll do that if I find out that Square Enix isn't going to release KH2:FM+ to the US. Though I found out that the game might be released to America, due to the fact that Gamefaqs said that KH2:FM+ will be released to the US on fall 2007. (Not sure of what month or date) Then again, maybe they're just lying. I never learned to trust Gamefaqs' web site information. Click on this link if you want to find out yourself, but don't get your hopes up.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/935702.html

But that maybe posted by gamespot since both gamespot and gamefaqs are owned by the same company. However, I don't if gamespot release dates are updated by the people or the editors of gamespot. Also, I don't know if gamefaqs is edited if that affects gamespot or if they are seperate.

Twinblades

i have a feeling it is going to be released in Japan since this is Nomura's last PS2 game so i hope he wants it to be big and make it worldwide..
just my thoughts..

Off Subject: WOW I HAVEN't BEEN ON HERE IN A WHILE GOOD TO BE BACK

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
SE would not make much money here.
1.) Only the hardcore fans are willing to buy it again.
2.) Most people wouldn't see the logic in buying a $70 FM over the $30 KH2 regular version
3.) New consumers would be confused on which version to buy
4.) Final Mixes frustrate consumers, into thinking that they've been scammed from a game that should have included it in the beginning.

D

Deleted member 36435

SE would not make much money here.
1.) Only the hardcore fans are willing to buy it again.
2.) Most people wouldn't see the logic in buying a $70 FM over the $30 KH2 regular version
3.) New consumers would be confused on which version to buy
4.) Final Mixes frustrate consumers, into thinking that they've been scammed from a game that should have included it in the beginning.
Agreed.
FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER OMG FILLERSS!!!

I

The Show Must Go On
i somewhat agree with what Dogen said, but i still hope it comes over... i just wanna see more of axel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back