• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► KINGDOM HEARTS III First Impressions Review (Spoiler Free)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
So yeah, I just beat BH6 (that's how behind you guys I am, but alas, I'm savoring it)... is it just me or is this the shortest world? Like holy cow, the Dark Baymax fight was one of the best things in the game so far (especially at the end where you're just two giant robots beating the shit out of each other), but it feels like the majority of my time was just spent watching cutscenes, and the city didn't really feel that utilized or integrated. As much as people hated the crabs, I feel like this world could've benefited from a collecting segment to make you go out and explore it more. Literally the beginning is just kill time until Hiro tells you where to go... now I can see why people were upset with this world; if I was a fan of BH6 (I don't dislike it or anything), I would be disappointed as well.

I imagine the beauty comes from revisiting a world like this, or I imagine it will with at least Pirates... I'm not really looking forward to revisiting this one as much as the latter though -- once you beat the world, you should be able to fly on Baymax unlimited, whenever you want; that's probably why it's lame... because I don't have Glide.

So this world was really the only letdown Disney world for me: even with NPCs (which were pretty much essential and couldn't have not been included), it nails that signature dead KH feel to a tee. Literally just let me fly on Baymax and it wouldn't be such a bore.

Once I beat Olympus, I thought I was in for more post-game stuff like collecting the dolls for the kid -- that was something cool that KH had never offered before, but is there really much of that? I know going back to Pirates will be awesome, but what else really is there?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So yeah, I just beat BH6 (that's how behind you guys I am, but alas, I'm savoring it)... is it just me or is this the shortest world?

Funny, everybody says that it feels like the shortest world, but the cutscene length on YouTube shows that it clocks around the same time as the other worlds in the game.

I think the linearity of the world is what makes it feel short, but to be fair, Sora, Donald and Goofy are teaming up with Big Hero 6, so it wouldn't make narrative sense for them to just go about and explore if they have duties to attend to as heroes.

So this world was really the only letdown Disney world for me: even with NPCs (which were pretty much essential and couldn't have not been included), it nails that signature dead KH feel to a tee. Literally, just let me fly on Baymax and it wouldn't be such a bore.

Yeah, there could have been way more NPC's around during the day. It's weird that there's a cutscene filled with NPC's everywhere, but they're not around San Fransokyo during the day. And you make a good point with making Baymax a flying companion, there are no battles during the day so there's no point in making him a party member then.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So yeah, I just beat BH6 (that's how behind you guys I am, but alas, I'm savoring it)... is it just me or is this the shortest world? Like holy cow, the Dark Baymax fight was one of the best things in the game so far (especially at the end where you're just two giant robots beating the shit out of each other), but it feels like the majority of my time was just spent watching cutscenes, and the city didn't really feel that utilized or integrated. As much as people hated the crabs, I feel like this world could've benefited from a collecting segment to make you go out and explore it more. Literally the beginning is just kill time until Hiro tells you where to go... now I can see why people were upset with this world; if I was a fan of BH6 (I don't dislike it or anything), I would be disappointed as well.

I imagine the beauty comes from revisiting a world like this, or I imagine it will with at least Pirates... I'm not really looking forward to revisiting this one as much as the latter though -- once you beat the world, you should be able to fly on Baymax unlimited, whenever you want; that's probably why it's lame... because I don't have Glide.

So this world was really the only letdown Disney world for me: even with NPCs (which were pretty much essential and couldn't have not been included), it nails that signature dead KH feel to a tee. Literally just let me fly on Baymax and it wouldn't be such a bore.

Once I beat Olympus, I thought I was in for more post-game stuff like collecting the dolls for the kid -- that was something cool that KH had never offered before, but is there really much of that? I know going back to Pirates will be awesome, but what else really is there?

San Fran is way more fun to explore with glide yeah, maybe wait to go back till you get that? But yea this world's main thing is doing the Flash Tracer races and of course finding everything since it's so huge.

I personally didn't mind how "quick" the world was since the story was good, same as how I felt for Monstropolis, but I liked how much was left to explore after. I agree I kinda expected free flying to be a thing so since it wasn't, that kinda sucks.

Back