• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► KINGDOM HEARTS III First Impressions Review (Spoiler Free)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
I'm not sure what you mean about Meg
Really?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Neo_

Awards
No one pays attention to Meg. :frown: She's underrated.

furusatoe

Arendelle was very impressive. Clearly a lot of love when into that world - probably the longest of the bunch. From the trailers I thought that Kristen Bell and the others were phoning it in but, nope. Great performances all around.

Also, the fact that Sora doesn’t remember Marluxia or Larxene means that the Data Org battles aren’t canon, I guess? Then I suppose when Lingering Will shows up eventually they’re not going to remember him either, eh.

furusatoe

I try not to get annoyed with the plot but
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, this bugged me too. I wonder if they’re going to explain this. I still have two Disney worlds left . . .

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I was surprised Sora didn't remember anything from CoM still. I thought that we were supposed to think he had a memory dump at some point in KH2, when a bunch of things randomly get uploaded to Jiminy's journal about the CoM members after one of the story points. Guess not

I love Meg. I wish she’d had a little more screentime, but I understand why she was sidelined.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wonder if any top the one from Toy Box tho ;p

I mean I guess I knew the songs from Frozen would be Visual Works. I guess it makes some sense the Caribbean relied on it a bit too give the graphics the were trying to go for.

I'll admit, Toy Box's intro was a smart way to alieviate Nomura's frustration about Final Fantasy XV.

What they did with Frozen and Pirates of the Caribbean seems cool at first, until you realise that Tangled did not have the Visual Works treatement until the very end. That sort of favourtism really irks me.

Nah, it's nothing to do with that. It's more to do with the fact that they wrote her in really awkwardly. Even the NPC's in Olympus feel more relevant than her. They could have done much more with her but bothered not to.

Neo_

Awards
Nah, it's nothing to do with that. It's more to do with the fact that they wrote her in really awkwardly. Even the NPC's in Olympus feel more relevant than her. They could have done much more with her but bothered not to.
At least they put her NPC at the entrance once you complete it -- it makes her feel like the mayor or something, unlike Phil, who I'm assuming just went and hid in the mountains because the loudest character can't talk apparently.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I guess the direction they went with the world made it hard to implement her? Without her just needing saved or something. But I guess it would have been cool if her and Pegasus at least helped some save people in the mean time? That's about all I can think of, other than her showing up with Pegasus before the Rock Titan fight.

But they clearly could have just...changed the structure to fit her in a bit more. Which I would have loved, I have always really liked her, and am always up for more.

I have been busy the past few days so I just finished up Monstropolis. I loved it! It was such a good world I loved the plot, I am glad Randall was involved even though he wasn't a boss. I guess I anticipated as much at this point. There seems to be only one big, important fight per world, which are always really awesome, but otherwise its just large groups of enemies. Which interact with the worlds a lot, so that's cool. I don't mind it per se, but I would love an extra boss or 2. I love cool Heartless designs, and also Disney bosses so you know.

That end scene was crazy tho. Sulley just freaking chucking Vanitas was amazing. And my boys Donald and Goody protecting Sora... So yeah. Not much else I could ask for other than a Randall mini-boss I guess.

Neo_

Awards
Not much else I could ask for other than a Randall mini-boss I guess.
Yep; the quickness of Sabor combined with the camo of Stealth Sneak in a closed-off room (just to add to the scare factor). I feel like the laugh canisters could've been used to some degree as well, like Randall throwing them and Sora deflecting them... too much potential. Idk what happened.

I was just watching Sunburned Albino's boss countdown video and watching gameplay of the sword fight with Captain Hook on the pirate ship... like why was that ok 17 years ago but not now? Idk if they're trying to phase out Disney or if it was Disney/Pixar's orders... I certainly hope the latter.

Last edited:

Londonbridge115

The amount of time and detail they put into this game is amazing. I’m having so much fun with it. I’m towards the end of Monstropolis and I’m enjoying the ride!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

furusatoe

My kids wanted me to show them Big Hero 6, but I was in the middle of the Caribbean. Tried to finish it quickly but I keep dying at one of these (last?) ship battles. Looks like I’m gonna need to hunt for some crabs and level up my ship . . . argh.

I’m at the point in the game where it’s clear I’m going to do a more thorough playthrough after this one, so now I’m just rushing trying to get through the story.

Neo_

Awards
I’m at the point in the game where it’s clear I’m going to do a more thorough playthrough after this one, so now I’m just rushing trying to get through the story.
Are you gonna 100% it first? There's so much backtracking that I'm just gonna 100% my Proud file before I plan on going through the game again.

furusatoe

Are you gonna 100% it first? There's so much backtracking that I'm just gonna 100% my Proud file before I plan on going through the game again.

I will probably aim to 100% my next playthrough. Right now I’m just dying to know how things wrap up, so it’s hard for me to take my time.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't know whether it's just me, but I feel as though San Fransokyo suffers from the most flat faces. Also, is it the shortest Disney world? Because I had so much fun in that world that I felt as though I finished it rather quick.

And for those curious, the origin for the Riku who's part of The Seekers of Darkness is such a Kingdom Hearts reason, and it's all revealed in San Fransokyo.

Neo_

Awards
I will probably aim to 100% my next playthrough. Right now I’m just dying to know how things wrap up, so it’s hard for me to take my time.
There isn't technically a post-game, but you can save after the final battle so you keep your experience and stuff and then you can just clean up what you missed.

Nala

So I just finished the game. And let me say I really enjoyed it. While it's not the best game story-wise, it's definitely the strongest when it comes to gameplay. I loved to test all these different keyblade formations, the attractions, while being a little bit overpowered, were fun. Magic being a real option while fighting was definitely great. I hope they use this gameplay as base for the next games. I liked it.

Now one thing that irked me that could be a bit spoilery.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm interested to see where we go next, especially after that secret ending. There are still many questions left unanswered. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long for the next KH game.

furusatoe

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! [Pre-Keyblade Graveyard Spoilers]

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back