• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III Original Soundtrack releasing November 11, 2020!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mouflon

Awards
I'm SO glad the 2.8 and UX tracks are included! I was hoping that maybe this was part of the reason why the OST had no release for a long while (since if they knew DLC was coming, they'd want to include the new tracks from it in III's OST, or maybe there would hypothetically be a track for UX we still haven't heard or something like that). The Daybreak Town tracks are some of my favourites in the whole series. I almost feel like I'm more excited for those than anything from III itself, haha. YES. I am a happy bunny.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
YESSSS! FINALLY! And it has Face My Fears!!! I really hope it has the orchestral version!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yoko Shimonura wasn't the one who composed the final Xehanort boss theme? That's a surprise. Did someone else do Yozora's boss theme as well?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yoko Shimonura wasn't the one who composed the final Xehanort boss theme? That's a surprise. Did someone else do Yozora's boss theme as well?

Yozora's theme was Shimomura, there's no mistaking that insane piano.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ah, you're right, forgot about that one.

That is still like 2012 which is insane.

We won’t know until the song credits are revealed.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
We already have a DDD soundtrack lol there's literally no need for it to be included here.
The DDD soundtrack is several years old, and I don't think it's even sold anymore. At least not on the North American SE store.

Xagzan

Awards
Uh KH DDD's OST is also over 50 tracks, and I'll be pretty steamed if they waste almost a third of valuable real estate in this release, to the exclusion of new material, for stuff we already have.

But I don't suspect that's what they meant by "music from 2.8."

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Uh KH DDD's OST is also over 50 tracks, and I'll be pretty steamed if they waste almost a third of valuable real estate in this release, to the exclusion of new material, for stuff we already have.

But I don't suspect that's what they meant by "music from 2.8."
The DDD soundtrack was only three discs, not even half of this OST's 8.
0.2 and the χ series together are probably enough for just one disc, if that.

Also I could be wrong, but I think "over 90 songs" from the OP is only half-correct
The text on the site is 90曲を超える本編のほか which I believe means "other than the over 90 songs in the original version [KHIII]" and then proceeding to list Utada, Re Mind, 2.8 and Uχ.

To back this up, the Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack Complete was 9 discs, totaling a massive 229 tracks.
90 tracks seems incredibly small for an 8-disc set.

Xagzan

Awards
I mean I can say that the KH3 rips on youtube I've listened to, the longest playlist, including pretty much every track from the game you could imagine, was also over 220 tracks. Of course a number of those were from previous games, which KH3 just happened to include, like Forze del Male or Lord of the Castle from 1.5. Others like cutscene cues could probably be combined into a single track or suites. And some sounded pretty close to duplicates, especially where ReMind revisited scenes. But that's still a huge difference from just 90.

Well, I don't read Japanese, but I hope you're right because 8 discs for only 90+ tracks? That would be a bit concerning.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Is it sacrilegious or crazy to have wanted an original track for the final boss? Like I love 3’s OST but I felt like the final boss of the saga should’ve had something completely new.
I get that certain tracks are associated with certain characters and themes but the best thing from Kingdom Hearts has always been the new original music.
That’s why I love Yozora’s fight so much, because it sounds amazing and it’s completely new.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Is it sacrilegious or crazy to have wanted an original track for the final boss?
I personally think so b ecause this was the Xehanort finale, not the Xehanort return. I like that it reused older motifs

Xagzan

Awards
Is it sacrilegious or crazy to have wanted an original track for the final boss? Like I love 3’s OST but I felt like the final boss of the saga should’ve had something completely new.

Having all new material wouldn't have really felt rewarding for Xehanort. It only works for Yozora because we've never met him before. Our ears know nothing about him, so the score isn't beholden to any established motifs....yet. We'll be hearing this theme again when we see him next, and then it won't be new anymore.

Anyway, even where you have mostly new material for a final boss, like One Winged Angel, you still incorporate bits of previous themes, like Sephiroth's theme, Those Chosen by the Planet.

Plus there were stretches of original material in The Key to All, if that's what it's called. Personally I didn't find them memorable.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I was hoping for a Xemas(KH2) situation where they used his old theme (Disappeared) for the first fight/phase and then give him a grandiose original score(Darkness of the Unknown) for the final fight.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Square Enix store says "New music for the above 5 products (over 160 tracks in total)"

Start placing your bets for what makes it and what gets cut.

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
The three MX battle themes are my Favorite KH tracks of all time. Especially the song against the Replicas.

Xagzan

Awards
The Square Enix store says "New music for the above 5 products (over 160 tracks in total)"

Start placing your bets for what makes it and what gets cut.

Frankly nothing should be cut. I've never been down with that practice. Never understood the logic. If random youtubers can share everything, what excuse does the company have to withhold? And they certainly better not leave out any important stuff. (That's right FF7R I'm looking right at you)

Xagzan

Awards
I was hoping for a Xemas(KH2) situation where they used his old theme (Disappeared) for the first fight/phase and then give him a grandiose original score(Darkness of the Unknown) for the final fight.

Now how could I have missed a shoutout to Disappeared like this? It got no love after KH2 and I really wish it had recurred. I actually liked it more than DOTU.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Now how could I have missed a shoutout to Disappeared like this? It got no love after KH2 and I really wish it had recurred. I actually liked it more than DOTU.

The build up at the beginning of that song is just...chef's kiss. Full of tension, perfect for his fight.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Frankly nothing should be cut. I've never been down with that practice. Never understood the logic. If random youtubers can share everything, what excuse does the company have to withhold? And they certainly better not leave out any important stuff. (That's right FF7R I'm looking right at you)

It's certainly a practice I've become accustomed to with Square. As it stands I'm withholding on FFVII: Remake's soundtrack with the intention of buying an OST Plus down the line. Even then, there's a possibility that some things may still be cut or retailer exclusive.

Just going by past procedures, anything strictly cutscene related has the highest chance of getting chopped.

Back