• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 quid is good

Awards
And why should KH III keep only the things from KH II FM?
This game is a culmination of the whole KH series, not just a continuation of KH 2 FM and specifically all the stuff associated with it.

This is what people mean when they say it comes over as if some people want just another KH 2 FM with updated graphics and expanded areas instead of something new.

You're looking for something to complain about here. KH3 has already implemented the best parts of BBS and DDD into it, why can it not implement the best parts of KH2? Not even improve on them but just have them there

drew0512

Awards
You're looking for something to complain about here. KH3 has already implemented the best parts of BBS and DDD into it, why can it not implement the best parts of KH2? Not even improve on them but just have them there

The best part of KH2 is the combat. We have drive forms (and even Sora's old abilities with Second Form) and KH3's combat is built on KH2's basics. What would you implement?

2 quid is good

Awards
The best part of KH2 is the combat. We have drive forms (and even Sora's old abilities with Second Form) and KH3's combat is built on KH2's basics. What would you implement?

FF characters for one, I preferred them in 2 to 1.
Also the size of Twilight Town and Radiant Garden. KH2 may have had incredibly linear worlds but there's yet to be a better rendition of Twilight Town.

ZJGamer

1.) Well Radiant Garden (Even if it's just the castle that is playable) with at least Leon to represent the FF side of things.
2.) Sephiroth
3.) A Fully Playable Twilight Town
4.) Seeker of Darkness Rematches in the same vein as Data Organization XIII.
5.) Olympus Tournaments
6.) A Secret Boss that Hints Toward the Next Game in the Series

I think a lot of people were expecting this stuff bare minimum for KH3.

NoWay

Awards
The new video in the news section contains the Monsters Inc battle theme. In HQ it Sounds so much better without soundeffects. :)

btw: Because Of the description of the patches I highly doubt that the epilogue is going to be playable.. It clearly states that it is a video

drew0512

Awards
1.) Well Radiant Garden (Even if it's just the castle that is playable) with at least Leon to represent the FF side of things.
2.) Sephiroth
5.) Olympus Tournaments

I was actually talking more about mechanics and features (like Shotlock and Flowmotion), but:

2) Nomura did warn us, though. He said in an interview that they were considering whether to add him or not because they felt another battle with him would feel too redundant. I want him in the game, but I remember that the fanbase had (has) pretty mixed feelings: some want him again, some don't and some want another character like Gilgamesh. If he's not in the game, I can imagine a DLC that adds him
4) and 6) Are from FM and I was talking about vanilla KH2, but we still don't know if those feature are in the game or not. Like someone already pointed out (Zip, if I'm not wrong), you have to watch the secret ending to unlock the fight with LS and it's likely the same in KH3.
So who knows, maybe some of those things are already in the game or will be added later.

Zexelf

2.) Sephiroth
5.) Olympus Tournaments

The leaker didn't found the secret boss yet and Battle gates are the arena just like Olympus tournaments.. And anyone expecting Sephiroth again after what Nomura said it about FF characters in the intreviews , it was setting them to be disappointed. Also the leaker already confirmed at least 1-2 FF characters asides from the Moogle.

ZJGamer

I was actually talking more about mechanics and features (like Shotlock and Flowmotion), but:

2) Nomura did warn us, though. He said in an interview that they were considering whether to add him or not because they felt another battle with him would feel too redundant. I want him in the game, but I remember that the fanbase had (has) pretty mixed feelings: some want him again, some don't and some want another character like Gilgamesh. If he's not in the game, I can imagine a DLC that adds him
4) and 6) Are from FM and I was talking about vanilla KH2, but we still don't know if those feature are in the game or not. Like someone already pointed out (Zip, if I'm not wrong), you have to watch the secret ending to unlock the fight with LS and it's likely the same in KH3.
So who knows, maybe some of those things are already in the game or will be added later.

I'll give you the story-relevant secret boss may be something that is only unlocked after we see the true ending and as such is not available without the patch. The Olympus tournaments is still something I will complain about because even vanilla KH1 had tournaments. Sephiroth should return if for no other reason than to resolve the Sephiroth and Cloud subplot. Again Spehiroth returning is not about whether it's redundant or not, it's for the sake of resolving a story thread. Also again Twilight Town not being fully playable even after Radiant Garden got the shaft is inexcusable.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh yay if the secret boss is only possible to fight once you've seen a patch-only Epilogue / Secret Ending I'll never be able to download.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I prefer the Battlegates over the Olympus tournaments. With these, we get battles throughout all the worlds rather than just one location. I also like their rewards more. Not to mention being able to gain experience from them and not having forced restrictions unlike KH2’s terrible cups. It’s also a system where they can easily add more or even implement some multiplayer functions like their predecessors, the Link Portals in DDD. These are a marked improvement in my book.

I can definitely commiserate over the lack of at least one full scale original world though. The combined cloud world, Realm of Darkness, Keyblade Graveyard, and Scala ad Caelum might essentially add up to this, but we’ll have to wait and see.

One thing we haven’t seen yet that I want is a Classic Kingdom Keyblade. I think they could do some fun things with a black and white cartoon form change for Sora.

Last edited:

Fatal Mode

The Secret Ending is likely more important in the overall scope of the series, which is releasing worldwide at the same time. Only difference is that Japan gets a good week ahead of us to complete everything while we are all probably going to be speed-running to try and unlock the secret ending.

It's all good, once I get my hands on this bad boy I'm going off the grid for a few days!

UltimaXOmega

My main issues are the lack of FF characters,original worlds being basically nonexistent and the poor quantity and quality of Keyblades. The game can still be up to an 8.5.

This game is more about graphics and visual effect than game content. I think KH3 may be the worst KH of the trio (1, 2, 3), being KH2 the best one.

furusatoe

I'm a new user, but I've been lurking the thread for the past couple weeks. Just want to add my two cents to the discussion about KH2 and how it was received at the time of release (and what it might mean for KH3). Obviously, this is just my anecdotal experience.

I bought KH1 on launch day, having been a fan of the Final Fantasy series. I loved it, and replayed it several times between the time of its release in '02 and KH2's release in '06. My hype for KH2 was absolutely through the roof, much like it seems KH3 is to most of you. I poured over Japanese scans that were posted to IGN message boards, and watched Deep Dive over and over again.

I do not recall how KH2 was received by critics nor by the fan community. What I remember most about my experience is playing it once and not touching it again for years. Part of the reason is circumstantial: my senior year of high school was wrapping up right when it was released in March '06, and when I went off to college in the fall I fell out of my gaming habit. But years later, when my gaming habit came back, I still felt urges to replay KH1 from time to time, but never KH2. I did try picking it up again around 2013, the first time since my initial playthrough, but I only lasted a few worlds before I got bored and moved on to something else.

I concluded from this that either hype had destroyed my experience, or KH2 just wasn't really that great - or maybe a good measure of both. I thought the storytelling was clunky, the gameplay too flashy, and the game too easy.

Fast-forward to two months ago, when the urge to play KH1 came back to me again. I learned about 1.5/2.5 ReMix collection for PS4 and decided to give it a go. I played through and loved my experience with KH1FM Proud - my first time with the Final Mix version - and tentatively decided to try KH2FM Critical. At first, my experience was similar to what I felt in 2013. A few worlds in, I was bored and felt like throwing in the towel again. But I decided to stick with it, and I'm glad I did. As the game went on, I started to feel challenged for the first time, and the post-game content was tremendously rewarding. The battle with Lingering Will was maybe the most satisfying boss battle I have played, ever. And, just like that, KH2 changed from a disappointing memory to a game I will likely go back to for years to come. I went on to play the rest of the series, and just finished 2.8 last night (Zodiac Phantom Aqua is right up there with Lingering Will as one of the most fulfilling and memorable battles in the series).

A few points I'm trying to make from my experience:

- Hype kills. There are very, very few things in life that will ever live up to the massive expectations you throw at them. Hype can be fun as hell in the moment leading up to release, but beware of how easily it can taint your experience with the actual product. I am now very excited for KH3, but I'm glad that I don't have years and years of hopes and expectations built up against it.

- Little changes can make a huge difference in perception. To this day I still don't think KH2 is a very good game. But KH2FM? Fantastic. And what changed? They made the game challenging and added some truly stellar post-game content. I don't know if my experience with KH3 will be more like my experience with KH1 or KH2, but I do know that if it's more like KH2 it's not the end of the world. I'll probably set it aside for awhile and go back to it if/when DLC content is added to make it KH3FM. But chances are that even if vanilla KH3 is just "decent," a robust DLC could yet make it one of the best games in the series. Always leave the door open to re-evaluation in light of new evidence.

Anyway, I see KH2 touted as some kind of holy grail around here and other KH communities and I just wanted to share my experience as a fan who didn't grow up with it and, consequently, doesn't have a nostalgic attachment to it. Excited to experience KH3 in a few weeks with the rest of you. Thanks for keeping me entertained until then!

Scala's Hope

Awards
One thing I really am going to love about the game is the big quantity of bosses there are.
The bosses that we know of are:

Introduction
-Darkside

Olympus
-Horse chariot from trailer
-Rock Titan
-Lava and Ice Titan
-Wind Titan (Leaker said all titans)

Corona
-Tree heartless

Toy Story
-Doll
-Zurg Toyship

Monstropolis
-Ink Heartless

Arendelle
-Marshmallow
-Snow Fenrir-like heartless

Caribbean
-King of the Sky like heartless
-Huge Underwater fish
-Thing leaker fought in Locker
-Kracken
-Davy Jones

San Fransokyo
-Dark Baymax
-Nanocubes forming a hand

Dark World
-Hearless Tower
-Dark Aqua

Keyblade Graveyard
-1000 Heartunversnobodies event

Scala
-Final boss

Also confirmed
-Almost all or all the new organization members

Gumi Bosses
-Sun shaped thing
-Castle thing
-Worm thing
-Superboss

-Heartless themed superboss

That's all the ones we know and there are a lot of minibosses in worlds the leaker said.
This game is the best in boss number we had had so far and I'm so hyped

furusatoe

Also, just want to add: I don't understand this trend in thinking bigger is necessarily better. Perhaps I'm just old, but most recent games I've played that have boasted huge worlds have been more tedious than interesting. I get annoyed if it takes a long time to traverse an area that doesn't really benefit from being so big. My experience with FFXV comes to mind: gorgeous world, but a nightmare to navigate. One of my bigger fears for the FFVII remake is that cities like Midgar will be so massive that they'll be a chore to explore.

I haven't watched any of the leaked gameplay videos for KH3, but I'm not going to be bummed if the worlds aren't enormous. I want them to be only as big as they need to be. In other words, big enough to feel a sense of wonder, but not so big (and void of meaningful activities) that it feels taxing to traverse from one place to another.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- Little changes can make a huge difference in perception. To this day I still don't think KH2 is a very good game. But KH2FM? Fantastic. And what changed? They made the game challenging and added some truly stellar post-game content. I don't know if my experience with KH3 will be more like my experience with KH1 or KH2, but I do know that if it's more like KH2 it's not the end of the world. I'll probably set it aside for awhile and go back to it if/when DLC content is added to make it KH3FM. But chances are that even if vanilla KH3 is just "decent," a robust DLC could yet make it one of the best games in the series. Always leave the door open to re-evaluation in light of new evidence.
So the lesson I'm getting here is don't be angry if the base game sucks because we can pay more money for a game that's actually good in the future?

Also, just want to add: I don't understand this trend in thinking bigger is necessarily better. Perhaps I'm just old, but most recent games I've played that have boasted huge worlds have been more tedious than interesting. I get annoyed if it takes a long time to traverse an area that doesn't really benefit from being so big. My experience with FFXV comes to mind: gorgeous world, but a nightmare to navigate. One of my bigger fears for the FFVII remake is that cities like Midgar will be so massive that they'll be a chore to explore.
I know that's technically true (that bigger doesn't always = better), but I enjoy games with large environments. It's one of the reasons I enjoy XV, XII, and 3D as much as I do (although not the only reason). But I guess if you hate the story and characters, having large environments would just make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back