• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
Haven't read any of the spoilers, but based on whatever reveal you guys are going off about now is Back Cover sufficient per-knowledge for KH3, or do you have to know the whole plot of UX?

You should watch Back Cover, as it was released as a prologue to KH3 alongside DDD Remastered and BBS FP.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Again I have not read any spoilers but anybody could tell you The Dandelions were gonna be getting involved in all this. They didn't just make the Back Cover movie for the giggles and the laughs or complete lack of such aside from MOM.

Anyone that thought otherwise was fulling themselves. Dandelions and Ephemera were always gonna be players in KH3.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sorawild

Haven't read any of the spoilers, but based on whatever reveal you guys are going off about now is Back Cover sufficient per-knowledge for KH3, or do you have to know the whole plot of UX?

It's fairly important to at least know the bare basics of UX.

furusatoe

You should watch Back Cover, as it was released as a prologue to KH3 alongside DDD Remastered and BBS FP.

I watched Back Cover already, and I watched a YouTube summary of the UX game. I think I understood Back Cover pretty well. The UX summary lost me a bit. I'm just asking to see if I need to go back and re-watch UX plot summaries or not (I'd rather not tbh).

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I don't know guys. I'm kind of heartbroken at the moment. Not sure what to think of this all. My only hope is that the foretellers are gonna come back and save Sora's ass which would be really cool!

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
No disrespect Alexis but wouldn't it make more sense to play the game yourself rather then judging it based on what another persons viewpoint is?
I'm reviewing the leaks and evaluating them based on what I'm seeing. We're getting straight up cutscene footage now, so we're no longer speculating. This is the plot and how it is written. If playing the game somehow changes my feelings, great. As is, it's gone from confounding to just laughable.

It was already never-the-same after 3D and χ.

This will just be gas on the fire.
Yeah, I'll be interested to see if the franchise survives after this. I do not see KH3 pulling in a lot of new fans. I think people may play it for the novelty of it, but after this? The series doesn't really have any mandate to go on, the X stuff is divisive at best and moving it from a resource-light mobile game that makes its money on super competitive whales who don't care about the plot or characters to a full console title is not a guaranteed success. I know Square is gonna try, and godspeed. But based on what we've seen, I have a feeling that KH3 is not going to make the case a lot of people think it's making to a general audience, or even to longtime fans.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I get called away for two hours and the fandom is ensnared in a great Keyblade War. Well, I know that this is where I sign off until the 30th. Adios.

furusatoe

Reading this thread without clicking on any of the spoilery bits lol. I'm just here for the reactions.

I loved TLJ, but I have no context for what "pulling a TLJ" would even mean in the KH universe. Color me intrigued.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Reading this thread without clicking on any of the spoilery bits lol. I'm just here for the reactions.

I loved TLJ, but I have no context for what "pulling a TLJ" would even mean in the KH universe. Color me intrigued.

They’re exaggerating. They’re not pulling a TLJ, but an Attack of the Clones with a hint of Phantom Menace.

Awards
The OG leaker once said that the end started to get bad, but redeemed itself.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

furusatoe

They’re exaggerating. They’re not pulling a TLJ, but an Attack of the Clones with a hint of Phantom Menace.

Oof, I have no context for what that would mean either, but that's definitely less intriguing that pulling a TLJ lol. I don't really expect much from the writing, but I'm hoping the writing isn't *that* bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back