• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senzura

Banned
I'm sorry but this argument is so dumb. I keep reading it here.

You get 40-50 hours of content, amazing graphics and a good story. According to you 80% of all AAA Games are not worth 60$ because most AAA games only give you 20-30 hours of playtime.

Call the game bad if you want but saying it's not worth its money is such a dumb argument. Also how can you or anyone else judge a game you haven't played yet? We only got a vague explaining as to why they dislike it. And y'all act like 2 secret bosses and a coliseum all of a sudden would make the game so much better.

1: There is not nearly that many hours of content. Taking out the time he spent idling, the leaker probably got through the game in 15 hours without finding any real side content
2: The combat is flashy, yes, but its awful and floaty
3: You're extrapolating Normura saying they would add the epilouge in later to "patched in secret bosses". That is some extreme cope

Fatal Mode

1: There is not nearly that many hours of content. Taking out the time he spent idling, the leaker probably got through the game in 15 hours without finding any real side content
3: You're extrapolating Normura saying they would add the epilouge in later to "patched in secret bosses". That is some extreme cope

Stretching something off Nomura is no different than stretching someone saying they idled which leads to you conclusively believe the campaign is 15 hours long. I do hope you realize you’re doing exactly what all these other people are doing who are defending the game. You’re just on the other side of the fence.

I wouldn’t rag on peoples coping mechanisms when you’re in some sort of bubble about your opinion too.

maximumlight8

Awards
1 man creates the great online keyblade war

Let's put KH3 in a perspective

Most reviewers of KH3 are ultra casual at the games, they're not going to care about the side content or how well the game plays. They're not KH2FM LV1 runners like some of us are here. That's why reviews are so general, look at a game like RDR2, amazingly critically received but I honestly thought it was too realistic, which made it tedious and boring to play.

We don't know what these leaker's expectations for KH3 is, everyone has their own. I can only trust Nomura's intentions, maybe he wants to release the game's DLC periodically to extend the life of the game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I respect your opinion to dislike the game, however, with that being said...

I can't agree with you on either of these things. You have not played the final build of the game, thus invalidating reason 2. And when it comes to reason 3, it is "not an extreme cope", it is a smart way to stick within the deadline (which keep in mind, was delayed from its initial December release due to quality improvements).

Square Enix adding additional content to Kingdom Hearts III after its release is to be expected because the company is going with games as a service model. Kingdom Hearts III is clearly going to have the Final Fantasy XV treatment of additions, so don't count this stolen copy of the game as all Kingdom Hearts III will ever offer.

Fatal Mode

1 man creates the great online keyblade war

Let's put KH3 in a perspective

Most reviewers of KH3 are ultra casual at the games, they're not going to care about the side content or how well the game plays. They're not KH2FM LV1 runners like some of us are here. That's why reviews are so general, look at a game like RDR2, amazingly critically received but I honestly thought it was too realistic, which made it tedious and boring to play.

We don't know what these leaker's expectations for KH3 is, everyone has their own. I can only trust Nomura's intentions, maybe he wants to release the game's DLC periodically to extend the life of the game.

I think we also should go into it with the possibility that this is what we are going to get. Maybe they won’t expand much at all if anything. Which is okay, games are meant to be consumed as they are. If they add more later fantastic but I want to judge this based on what it is when I play it.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think we also should go into it with the possibility that this is what we are going to get. Maybe they won’t expand much at all if anything. Which is okay, games are meant to be consumed as they are. If they add more later fantastic but I want to judge this based on what it is when I play it.

It's almost guaranteed there will be more. There's a Final Mix for almost every Kingdom Hearts game. But we know it won't be anything as big as a new world or anything.

Seighart

Awards
It's almost guaranteed there will be more. There's a Final Mix for almost every Kingdom Hearts game. But we know it won't be anything as big as a new world or anything.

I'm sorry, but how do we know that exactly? These original worlds and contents people want in this game? Sounds like it could be DLC. That rumored storyline with that certain FF character? Sounds like that could be elaborated with DLC. I have not seen anything on what the DLC will and wont be. That's incredibly naive to think DLC for a game with Disneys involvement wont be substantial.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sorry, but how do we know that exactly? These original worlds and contents people want in this game? Sounds like it could be DLC. That rumored storyline with that certain FF character? Sounds like that could be elaborated with DLC. I have not seen anything on what the DLC will and wont be. That's incredibly naive to think DLC for a game with Disneys involvement wont be substantial.

Uh, history? The fact that there has never been anything like that implemented in Final Mix before? The fact that it would ruin the main game's continuity to add a whole world to the game and lead us to believe that it was passed over in the original? Which would in turn make people be reserved about playing the next Kingdom Hearts title because it could also be considered incomplete? So if using what we already know is "naive" then I must have a very different definition of naive.

NoWay

Awards
However, it would be a completely different situation if we explored new original worlds with new playable characters like Kairi, Lea or an Organization 13 member. It wouldn’t make sense to add new worlds which would be explored by Sora.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not sure about DLC Disney worlds but I could see new episodes added to the already known ones. If Kairi isn't playable in the main game she could be in the DLC content

Perkilator

Awards
Hey, I’m back for a bit. I would like to say that if they do, hypothetically, add DLC Disney worlds, I’d prefer them to be set after the main game (assuming SDG explore them).

NoWay

Awards
I think new Disney worlds should be used in new games but not in KH3. Disney worlds are huge promotion opportunities and they shouldn’t be wasted for DLCs in my opinion.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Hey, I’m back for a bit. I would like to say that if they do, hypothetically, add DLC Disney worlds, I’d prefer them to be set after the main game (assuming SDG explore them).

It would really depend on what the reasoning would be behind it. The only way I could see that happening is if there's someone who's fate is unknown in the end. "Riku was spotted here, so he didn't disappear" or "They're claiming a man in a black coat was seen there, it could be Xigbar" or something. I'm going off of what Nomura said about Final Mix and DLC, something that was said about not doing traditional DLC? And as much as I want a playable section as Axel or Kairi, I wouldn't want another FF XV Episode fiasco. Season 1 went off without a hitch, but Season 2 got cancelled. :(

EDIT: Also, we don't know if the Epilogue is playable or not. It could be the final world that lets us play as another character.

Seighart

Awards
Uh, history? The fact that there has never been anything like that implemented in Final Mix before? The fact that it would ruin the main game's continuity to add a whole world to the game and lead us to believe that it was passed over in the original? Which would in turn make people be reserved about playing the next Kingdom Hearts title because it could also be considered incomplete? So if using what we already know is "naive" then I must have a very different definition of naive.

I say naive because like it's been said before in this thread: Gaming isn't the same. I can easily see Square releasing a $10 DLC featuring nothing but Final Fantasy characters in Radiant Garden. Due to history many people thought we'd be getting a Coliseum right? The series skipped a generation and with it came new business practices. Based on Fan Backlash I can almost guarantee there's going to be both free and paid DLC that's going to be substantial. To think otherwise is...well. Naive. KH is now in the modern world.

I don't see Disney Worlds being added as DLC because that's detracting content from future games. If they do use Disney Worlds I'd assume they'd use Returning Worlds before they'd use Newer ones simply so that they don't have to tie their narratives to the overall plot.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I say naive because like it's been said before in this thread: Gaming isn't the same. I can easily see Square releasing a $10 DLC featuring nothing but Final Fantasy characters in Radiant Garden. Due to history many people thought we'd be getting a Coliseum right? The series skipped a generation and with it came new business practices. Based on Fan Backlash I can almost guarantee there's going to be both free and paid DLC that's going to be substantial. To think otherwise is...well. Naive. KH is now in the modern world.

No one should have been expecting a coliseum. There are more games without coliseums than with. KH1, Chain of Memories, KH2, BBS, and Coded all got remixes (tho the Re: didn't add as much content) and that only leaves Days and 3D without a mix (tho 3D did add dream eaters in 2.8) and the only games with a coliseum battle are KH1 and KH2. Sure you could count BBS sorta, but you couldn't go back and repeat the battles post game. There was the Mirage Arena also, but that leaves CoM, Days, Coded, and 3D without coliseums. The only reason I'd see Radiant Garden added is because of something they show in a cutscene they decide to make playable. Remember, this is Square Enix we're talking about, not Activision or EA. Type-0 had no DLC. FF XIII had no DLC. XIII-2 had DLC and everyone hated it because the game was incomplete. XIII-3 had DLC but it was all aesthetic. XII ZA had no DLC (they could have added anything). X/X-2 had no DLC. XIV has expansions, not quite the same as DLC since it's an MMO. XV is the only other game with DLC and most of it was aesthetic other than the Episodes. Those were boasted about with a season pass. All other companies release season passes for planned DLC. At this point in KH3's production, if they were planning DLC they would release a season pass. There are still flaws in your reasoning based on history with both Square and other companies. So again I say not Naive, realistic using history.

EDIT: If anything, you're being naive thinking that they would completely change the practices they've had going for a while and decide to suddenly release DLC that is relevant to the story post launch.

Senzura

Banned

There isn't going to be DLC anything FFS. The epilouge/secret movie is just cut content they removed to prevent spoilers

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Is let it go on the game?

It is to some capacity based on what we've seen in trailers and what was said by Square. The dude didn't do any story spoilers so anything like that can't be answered from his leaks. He explicitly stated that it was only gameplay he was showing.

Perkilator

Awards
There isn't going to be DLC anything FFS. The epilouge/secret movie is just cut content they removed to prevent spoilers
Yes there is. As been said before, KH3 is getting post launch support. And by the way, we already had four DLC Keyblades announced.

Seighart

Awards
No one should have been expecting a coliseum. There are more games without coliseums than with. KH1, Chain of Memories, KH2, BBS, and Coded all got remixes (tho the Re: didn't add as much content) and that only leaves Days and 3D without a mix (tho 3D did add dream eaters in 2.8) and the only games with a coliseum battle are KH1 and KH2. Sure you could count BBS sorta, but you couldn't go back and repeat the battles post game. There was the Mirage Arena also, but that leaves CoM, Days, Coded, and 3D without coliseums. The only reason I'd see Radiant Garden added is because of something they show in a cutscene they decide to make playable. Remember, this is Square Enix we're talking about, not Activision or EA. Type-0 had no DLC. FF XIII had no DLC. XIII-2 had DLC and everyone hated it because the game was incomplete. XIII-3 had DLC but it was all aesthetic. XII ZA had no DLC (they could have added anything). X/X-2 had no DLC. XIV has expansions, not quite the same as DLC since it's an MMO. XV is the only other game with DLC and most of it was aesthetic other than the Episodes. Those were boasted about with a season pass. All other companies release season passes for planned DLC. At this point in KH3's production, if they were planning DLC they would release a season pass. There are still flaws in your reasoning based on history with both Square and other companies. So again I say not Naive, realistic using history.

EDIT: If anything, you're being naive thinking that they would completely change the practices they've had going for a while and decide to suddenly release DLC that is relevant to the story post launch.

Except for the fact that even Tabata said Square is going to start supporting the "Games as a Service" model and we have on the record that Nomura flat out says he wont be releasing DLC via a Season Pass because he doesn't believe in that style of practice. Needless to say, that does NOT mean we aren't getting DLC of the sort. Dno if you're following things with the company, but they just got a new CEO not too long ago and Nomura mentioned DLC very early on in development. These practices are fresh so anything before XV is honestly irrelevant when it comes to their AAA flagship games. If you think a couple of keyblades and a boss is going to be the only dlc support this game is going to have post launch...well our conversation is pretty much done. Square atm doesnt have much in regards to games releasing this year so supporting KH3 post launch would be not only smart, but again obvious. Even if it's not paid dlc they will be supporting it will meaningful dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back