• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yremissa

So I don t get it. The guy has an English version.... so the English version is done. So why do we have to wait 4 more days after Japan to get the game? Didn t they push back release to have a simultanious release date? I don t get it...

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Meh, all I care about is best girl Naminé getting the justice she deserves for being left out of that sneak peek. I will not forgive Nomura for this treatment for the sake of his forced trios.

Roxas and Larxene can only do so much :c. actually if Larxene's role is bigger than expected fack I may have to buy this game

tontontonbery

So I don t get it. The guy has an English version.... so the English version is done. So why do we have to wait 4 more days after Japan to get the game? Didn t they push back release to have a simultanious release date? I don t get it...

The guy stole it from the distribution center he worked at. They were currently preparing to ship them to stores in the area (NC area).
So this isnt a legitimate release. It was theft and possibly a NDA breach of a 3rd party.

Everyone in this thread pissed the game leaked but at the same time like:

Lol accurate xD

I just want the world list and maaaaybe some starting story stuff.
Im more bothered by the theft aspect of the situation than the leaks themselves.

Leaferian

Awards
The guy stole it from the distribution center he worked at. They were currently preparing to ship them to stores in the area (NC area).
So this isnt a legitimate release. It was theft and possibly a NDA breach of a 3rd party.
Okay, and that's definitely wrong and absolutely breaking the law BUT yremissa's point still stands. The English version is done, it's at distribution centers ready to be sent to retailers. We are a month and a half away from release. From a standpoint of completion, there's no reason the game couldn't release on the same day for the whole world.

yremissa

Yeah I know! But why is the western release the 29th of January? If the game is done... why can t it realease the 25th..... like Japan? Why wait 4 days? They pushed back the release to 2019 to have a simultanious release. Both are now done and pushed back... so why not release both the 25th?

yremissa

Okay, and that's definitely wrong and absolutely breaking the law BUT yremissa's point still stands. The English version is done, it's at distribution centers ready to be sent to retailers. We are a month and a half away from release. From a standpoint of completion, there's no reason the game couldn't release on the same day for the whole world.

Thanks!!!! That s what I mean!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I don’t know how to say this without sounding petty, but I honestly think the only reason for the gap is they see it as Japan doing us a favor by not releasing a month ahead of the West, so they’re still gonna release a little ways in advance just because they can. The whole “Japanese games release on Fridays and Western games release on Tuesdays,” that some people say is bogus. The West has seen plenty of AAA Friday releases in recent years including FFXV, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Red Dead 2.

tontontonbery

/shrug
To ensure quality, to give devs time to make sure the game was bug free (before it went gold), to make sure there is enough products for retailers during the first couple weeks, to make sure there are no errors on packaging (spelling, etc)- there are a bunch or reasons why they they chose the janurary release over a 2018 release. and considering the game only went gold just a few weeks ago (late november), It's probably for the best.

As for why the JP fanbase gets the game before NA/EU?
/shrug again
-Probably because they've always gotten the games before the rest of the world???
-Probably because the JP fans have alot more self control tot he ENG counterparts when it comes to spoilers (where you dont have to yell out about spoilers and dont have a bunch of people leaking things carelessly out in the open- like this this point.

Mind- I legitimately dont know any of the answers to these questions lol. I just make guesses about it based on stuff that has happened with the older games. I dont have answers, Im just here for leak info lol

tontontonbery

I don’t know how to say this without sounding petty, but I honestly think the only reason for the gap is they see it as Japan doing us a favor by not releasing a month ahead of the West, so they’re still gonna release a little ways in advance just because they can. The whole “Japanese games release on Fridays and Western games release on Tuesdays,” that some people say is bogus. The West has seen plenty of AAA Friday releases in recent years including FFXV, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Red Dead 2.

This makes more sense than the dribble I just wrote lol

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Man, Cable Town is majestic as hell. It reminds me of Gondor from Lord of the Rings. Honestly, the leak wasn't that bad. At least it's not the ending...yet.

Leaferian

Awards
I legitimately dont know any of the answers to these questions lol.
Of course you don't, which is why nobody is asking YOU. The original question is rhetorical, a statement of wonder and disbelief. We know why the game was pushed to 2019. The entire point is that Japan gets the game early and the reason isn't related to the completion of the product.

@Zip: That's honestly my best guess at this point. That they're taking a "Japan first" stance and just want to release it there first "because". It sounds pretty petty to me, as a reasoning. Especially since the entire world getting the game on a weekend would, you'd think, be really great for reception.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally don't want it early. Between the recently released PS4 pro and the Deluxe edition with Bring Arts figures, I have to make sure I save up 800 dollars before the 29th. If I get that email early, I'm screwed. Unless I can find a person (not a retailer) willing to buy games and accessories I have, I wouldn't be able to afford the game if it came out any earlier. I have a few paychecks I'm saving up money from and a few things I'm going to try to sell locally to make the money for KH3 (I bought a pro too early but my wife needed an upgrade and our daughter will get the hand-me-down ps4) so please PLEASE don't wish they push back the release date.

kingsoraful

Awards
If there are 10 playable Disney Worlds, that's a number I can be happy with it, even if it includes 100 Acre Wood.
Less than that it will be disappointing.

Im glad it’s 10 and of course it was gonna include 100 Acre Wood.

Leaferian

Awards
Man, Cable Town is majestic as hell. It reminds me of Gondor from Lord of the Rings. Honestly, the leak wasn't that bad. At least it's not the ending...yet.
...Y'know, I can totally see that now. I thought there was something weirdly familiar about it.

D

Deleted member 248644

So....

About that gummi ship stuff with the ruins above water world, where's the footage of that?? Is that even true?

That's what I'm wondering. If anyone has answers, feel free to PM me.
As far as I know, the videos and photos inside his Facebook were the same of the Dropbox account, nothing more leaked, so no.

I agree, Cable Town is magnific, I like it a lot.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that today is the anniversary of the Monsters Inc leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back