• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

NoWay

Awards
The answer is probably the dev time for the worlds and character models.
I don’t think the dev time would be responsible for this problem. I mean, Nomura always said that ‘development is smoothly going on’. After the engine switch they had 4 years without any big problems to develop KH3. Time is definitely not the problem.

UltimaXOmega

I PM'd him on Twitter if Keyblade Graveyard and Scala Ad Caelum are fully explorable and good sized. "Yes and no" so not a single original open world.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It kinda feels like a given that as Kingdom Hearts becomes more lucrative for Disney, then they'll naturally get more involved to make sure they get more money (also, since this is a crossover game with Disney properties, they probably saw it in some limited copacity as free advertising to momentarily boost their sales, specifically for things like merchandise). I don't know if I believe that's what going on though, or if it has a handle in anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed later on to some degree.

Echoecho6

Awards
Fix it or not, I will never understand how or why they thought the current wall indicator glow effect was a good idea. The little sparkles they used to have for parkour (as seen in thr 2015 trailer) was perfect. Why they went with this enviormental ruining effect I will never know. Maybe they were thinking "We need to make this flashier because then wall running will seem cooler".

I didn't like wall running being in the game to begin with. Now with this constant reminder in my face that it exists makes it even worse lol.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Fix it or not, I will never understand how or why they thought the current wall indicator glow effect was a good idea. The little sparkles they used to have for parkour (as seen in thr 2015 trailer) was perfect. Why they went with this enviormental ruining effect I will never know. Maybe they were thinking "We need to make this flashier because then wall running will seem cooler".

For Olympus, wall glow makes sense. It gives the impression that lightning is flashing during the Rock Titan battle.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It’s interesting to me that he says the ending is very conclusive, but Nomura says in the Perfect Book interview that KH3 is a game where people are going to want the continuation of the story. The epilogue must be pretty substantial to make that true.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It’s interesting to me that he says the ending is very conclusive, but Nomura says in the Perfect Book interview that KH3 is a game where people are going to want the continuation of the story. The epilogue must be pretty substantial to make that true.

Watch, Nomura is trolling us all along and the "epilogue" is the truly final boss fight, with a bunch of cutscenes and story akin to the Final Episode + Blank Points + Secret Episode of BBS. All in the day one patch, so that leakers can go F themselves.

EDIT: After all, If the leakers had done the same thing to BBS without all of the above endgame stuff, they would've thought the same thing about being anticlimactic . Just food for thought.

Neo_

Awards
We were due for a soft leak like this after how long we've waited, and hearing content was cut makes me super disappointed; I wouldn't have even cared if they strung the release out another year just for us to have a game they could call finished.

Regarding the "you must be grateful" comments, this is Smash Bros. all over again; for anyone unaware, I cannot understate how much these franchises were separated at birth. Two of the most controversial topics in gaming are what worlds make it into Kingdom Hearts and what characters make it into Smash, and the same "grateful" dialogue happens in the Smash fandom. All I have to say is you don't have to like everything. I take the good with the bad, and typically, the customer is always right. Some people also try to make drama out of this that isn't even there.

As for the world selection, they lowkey should've replace the 100 Acre Wood with the Three Little Pigs as a mini-world; three-phase fight with the Big Bad Wolf.

Imagine if they could've secured the rights to Roger Rabbit; I would've much rather had it been my "city world" than BH6. Imagine all the cartoon violence and stuff.

ad16cc63241d96ba143ec74128a9aaf3.jpg

I'm also kinda surprised they didn't do the Incredibles instead of BH6; who cares about Pixar over-saturation to be honest. I know it's subjective, but just chose the most worthy worlds.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It kinda feels like a given that as Kingdom Hearts becomes more lucrative for Disney, then they'll naturally get more involved to make sure they get more money (also, since this is a crossover game with Disney properties, they probably saw it in some limited copacity as free advertising to momentarily boost their sales, specifically for things like merchandise). I don't know if I believe that's what going on though, or if it has a handle in anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed later on to some degree.

I'm skeptical of this. If Disney was really involved to such a degree, there would be more Disney worlds...

I know there was probably interference with the Frozen world though because they've been very touchy about it being used. I can believe Lasseter had his hand in this basket more than SE was probably used to with dealing with Disney because he'd taken over Walt Disney Animation Studios in the interim between KH2 and KH3, plus they were using PIXAR films for the first time, too. If that's the case, hopefully they won't have to deal with that problem again since that egomaniac Lasseter has been ousted from Disney.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
KH2 ending was conclusive and yet fans have been waiting for KH3, because of the epilogue they gaves us back then.

maximumlight8

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
KH2 ending was conclusive and yet fans have been waiting for KH3, because of the epilogue they gaves us back then.

This is actually a fair point, and with all of the KH2FM strokers out there, I would've thought they'd have pointed this out already. KH2 was obviously meant to be an end. The only things that really hinted at "further story" after it were the thing in the Secret Ansem Reports about how Xehanort opened the door, and the ending after credits scene. Everything else was basically The End though.

Darvandark

I mean what is there left that hasn't been used already?

Dumbo
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
Jungle Book
Robin Hood
Pocahontas
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Chicken Little
Bolt (lol)
Princess and the Frog

I don't see any other old movie being "worthy" of a world and the last 3 movies don't even count as old ones. If they split my list they could use it for 2-3 more KH games if they mix it with new movies and some already used ones.

Also I wouldn't consider all those movies a god choice either. Idk how fun Dumbo, Pocahontas or Bolt would be.

First of all, do you realize just how many disney movies there are? There are about 52 animated movies alone not counting Pixar before the acquisition.Sure there are a lot of movies that wouldn't live up to the standard but it can be done. I could even see Bambi being a world one day if they felt like it.

Second, this is less to you and more everyone, but give up on Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Those were made during a very tumultuous time in Disney, those movies along with Black Cauldron are known as the forgotten Disney. We will probably see a Pete's Dragon world before those guys.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

This is actually a really good point. In vanilla kh2 if you were to remove the post credits scene and secret ending kh2 would have been seen as a very conclusive ending.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Watch, Nomura is trolling us all along and the "epilogue" is the truly final boss fight, with a bunch of cutscenes and story akin to the Final Episode + Blank Points + Secret Episode of BBS. All in the day one patch, so that leakers can go F themselves.

EDIT: After all, If the leakers had done the same thing to BBS without all of the above endgame stuff, they would've thought the same thing about being anticlimactic . Just food for thought.

Very true. If they had just done the three scenarios and called it a day, BBS would probably be seen as absolute trash. Not that the scenarios aren't great themselves, but that's no way to end the game off on.

Actually, people forget this, but we also ended up getting BBS Vol. 2 "announced", which sort of turned into BBS 0.2 (A Fragmentary Passage).

Excellent point. They could've ended the series right then and there at KH2FM+ if they really wanted to. Sora took out the Heartless and Nobody of Xehanort, and I don't think the recompletion concept existed back then. He found Riku, put peace back to the worlds again, and went back to Destiny Islands. If there wasn't an epilogue and secret ending video, you'd naturally assume that it's probably the end of the series.

This is most likely the same case, because we know we're getting more after 3.

Fatal Mode

Have they said anything about resolution/framerate? I haven't seen any concrete numbers anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back