• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mriku90

Awards
This is actually a really good point. In vanilla kh2 if you were to remove the post credits scene and secret ending kh2 would have been seen as a very conclusive ending.

Unlike with KH2 though which ending is overwhelmingly praised by the masses this ending however seems to not be as positively received.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Imagine if they could've secured the rights to Roger Rabbit; I would've much rather had it been my "city world" than BH6. Imagine all the cartoon violence and stuff.

ad16cc63241d96ba143ec74128a9aaf3.jpg

I'm also kinda surprised they didn't do the Incredibles instead of BH6; who cares about Pixar over-saturation to be honest. I know it's subjective, but just chose the most worthy worlds.

This just peeves me off, it's selfish entitlement at its finest.

For starters, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is owned by Touchstone Pictures, which is basically Disney's distribution label for mature movies that are not Disney branded. The Nightmare Before Christmas was released as a Touchstone Pictures movie.

Also, Big Hero 6 fits more naturally than The Incredibles for Kingdom Hearts. If you prefer The Incredibles as a movie, then that's fine, personal preferences and all that, but to have the audacity to believe that The Incredibles would have a better world than Big Hero 6 (a San Fransokyo and Tokyo amalgamation) is just ridiculous.

Square Enix respected Big Hero 6 to chose it as a Disney world whilst Kingdom Hearts III was in its early development stages, it's clear that they took a liking to the movie for it to be considered over The Incredibles.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
KH2 ending was conclusive and yet fans have been waiting for KH3, because of the epilogue they gaves us back then.

I wouldn’t consider the epilogues and secret endings of KH1 and 2 to have the biggest spoilers of the game like Nomura said 3’s have. The leaker also said there’s a cinematic post credits scene like KH2’s in his version. So the DLC epilogue must be something different, probably more akin to BBS than KH2.

sorawild

Have they said anything about resolution/framerate? I haven't seen any concrete numbers anywhere.

Guy didn't state anything about Frame Rate really. He did say he was playing on the Xbox One S which is slightly less powerful than the regular Xbox and base PS4. If he didn't get many frame rate issues than it should be fine.

Nomura stated the game will run at 30fps on the base consoles but on the enhanced consoles (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) it will fluctuate between 40 and 60fps.

mriku90

Awards
I wouldn’t consider the epilogues and secret endings of KH1 and 2 to have the biggest spoilers of the game like Nomura said 3’s have. The leaker also said there’s a cinematic post credits scene like KH2’s in his version. So the DLC epilogue must be something different, probably more akin to BBS than KH2.

I don't understand what do you mean DLC epilogue? Wasn't the ending to KH2 post credits what teased KH3? Granted it ended up being a tease for DDD moreso then anything else but still.

I know back then there definitely was not a need for adding DLC to anything, the game you got was the complete game with everything in it.

I don't understand what this day one patch is or what it's supposed to do. Is there bugs it will fix or something?

Fatal Mode

Guy didn't state anything about Frame Rate really. He did say he was playing on the Xbox One S which is slightly less powerful than the regular Xbox and base PS4. If he didn't get many frame rate issues than it should be fine.

Nomura stated the game will run at 30fps on the base consoles but on the enhanced consoles (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) it will fluctuate between 40 and 60fps.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

notnow123487

Awards
Unlike with KH2 though which ending is overwhelmingly praised by the masses this ending however seems to not be as positively received.

Lol what? The ending has been seen by two people. How are you comparing how KH2’s reception with KH3 right now.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't understand what do you mean DLC epilogue? Wasn't the ending to KH2 post credits what teased KH3? Granted it ended up being a tease for DDD moreso then anything else but still.

I know back then there definitely was not a need for adding DLC to anything, the game you got was the complete game with everything in it.

I don't understand what this day one patch is or what it's supposed to do. Is there bugs it will fix or something?

When the game first leaked, Nomura announced that the epilogue and secret ending will be released as downlodable content after the game comes out because they feature the biggest spoilers.

The leaker said nothing about KH3’s ending, including the post credits scene included in his copy, teases a future installment.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Nomura has stated that the end of the game and secret ending stuff will be in a day one patch. This was done in the case that the game somehow leaked. It means leakers who play all the way through the game can't actually get all of it until the game actually releases. It means the leakers don't get to actually get any conclusion properly. That's fine, as they don't deserve it anyway. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Zip lol

mriku90

Awards
Lol what? The ending has been seen by two people. How are you comparing how KH2’s reception with KH3 right now.

I'm just comparing it with how the creator said the ending to KH3 would be very divisive which is not how anyone would characterize the ending to KH2.

maximumlight8

Awards
If review copies don't have the day 1 patch, I'd be excited to see their reactions to everything. I guess in like 2 weeks they'll release a day 1 patch.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Nomura has stated that the end of the game and secret ending stuff will be in a day one patch. This was done in the case that the game somehow leaked. It means leakers who play all the way through the game can't actually get all of it until the game actually releases. It means the leakers don't get to actually get any conclusion properly. That's fine, as they don't deserve it anyway. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Zip lol

And seeing as how their whole Xbox got banned... Lol GG.

Nukara

Awards
I do not quite understand the game has a secret ending, if so how much did I understand it is the same as in the BBS?

UltimaXOmega

He said Keyblade Graveyard is about the same size as Twilight Town and Scala Ad Caelum is not explorable at all.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
First of all, do you realize just how many disney movies there are? There are about 52 animated movies alone not counting Pixar before the acquisition.Sure there are a lot of movies that wouldn't live up to the standard but it can be done. I could even see Bambi being a world one day if they felt like it.

Second, this is less to you and more everyone, but give up on Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Those were made during a very tumultuous time in Disney, those movies along with Black Cauldron are known as the forgotten Disney. We will probably see a Pete's Dragon world before those guys.
It's a shame, the forgotten properties are the ones that could potentially be one of the better worlds in the series.

mriku90

Awards
If the ending is divisive I can only hope that they don't wait too long to start working on the next part of the saga and hopefully announce it within a year.

I hope KH4 comes out at latest 2022. I don't think we'll be waiting 5-6 years like with this one. And with how underwhelming the content sounds in KH3(8 Disney Worlds, 1 of which is a mini game) hopefully they can give us a much more reasonable amount in the future.

Neo_

Awards
For starters, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is owned by Touchstone Pictures, which is basically Disney's distribution label for mature movies that are not Disney branded. The Nightmare Before Christmas was released as a Touchstone Pictures movie.
I was aware of this; that's why I said "secure the rights". My understanding is Roger Rabbit is a bit more complicated since that property has completely fallen off a Disney's radar whereas they celebrate NBX. I once watched a YouTube video explaining why Roger Rabbit was pretty much as common as Mickey at Disney Parks in the '80s and '90s but can't remember the reason he was removed.

If you prefer The Incredibles as a movie, then that's fine, personal preferences and all that, but to have the audacity to believe that The Incredibles would have a better world than Big Hero 6 (a San Fransokyo and Tokyo amalgamation) is just ridiculous.
lol what? You say personal preferences are fine but then bash me for having them. What makes BH6 so much better than the Incredibles? I don't really see why it being a combination of San Fran and Tokyo makes is so obviously better. They both seem like viable opportunities for a world.

Echoecho6

Awards
Well they modeled Daybreak Town exceedingly well only for it to be in cutscenes in Back Cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back