• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

punkdthrice

KH games have never been all that long. I beat KH2 my first time through it in under 20 hours, same with KH1.

Yeah 30 hours does seem normal for KH. Although it took me around 30 hours in KH2 with all cutscenes unskipped. I was hoping KH3 would be longer w/ cutscenes considering its on next gen consoles (I thought Nomura said 40 hours atleast). Unless the leaker skips cutscenes and he said he explored for 4 hours that playtime disappoints me.

Seighart

Awards
Yeah 30 hours does seem normal for KH. Although it took me around 30 hours in KH2 with all cutscenes unskipped. I was hoping KH3 would be longer w/ cutscenes considering its on next gen consoles (I thought Nomura said 40 hours atleast). Unless the leaker skips cutscenes and he said he explored for 4 hours that playtime disappoints me.

He skipped cutscenes and went back to watch them.

Side Note: When was Proud Mode suddenly hard? Proud Mode isn't that hard if you've been playing KH for quite some time now.

maximumlight8

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

KaitoCam

• KH1: 20-30 hours
  • KH2: 20-30 hours
  • COM: 15-20 hours
  • BBS: 15-20 hours
  • DDD: 20-25 hours
  • 0.2 - 4-6 hours

Is the average time to beat each game so the laker saying the game is short is a falacy

drew0512

Awards
Yeah, that's a pretty average time, nothing really worrisome. We also don't have any confirmation of his playstyle but I doubt that he took his time with it.

Greenice

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Strange, it was present in the Toy Story reveal trailer if I’m not wrong (in the Olympus section), maybe he just used the save points and didn’t notice it.

Leaferian

Awards
I definitely spent around 4-5 hours on my first time through 0.2, although being familiar with it now I'd say it's more like 2 hours. Actually, I wonder how fast I could complete it...

Regardless, average times are inherently unreliable. The average time to beat KH1 may be 20-30 hours, but I did it in 11:34 on Proud. And KH2 it says is 20-30 hours without side content, but my 100% Critical file is just shy of 24 hours. So, people who are good at the games will definitely have shorter than average playtimes.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
He skipped cutscenes and went back to watch them.

Side Note: When was Proud Mode suddenly hard? Proud Mode isn't that hard if you've been playing KH for quite some time now.

Yeah, if you're a veteran KH player, that should actually be what you're usually playing on (in my opinion). I always go right to Proud Mode, Critical if it's readily available in my first playthrough.

And 30 hours is around the standard for a KH game, so people shouldn't be freaking out. Nier Automata is 30 hours, and the story is great. Kingdom Hearts games have never been super long to beat, and since we know that he skipped the cutscenes... 30 hours is him just blitzing through. If you're watching everything and playing it how it's meant to be played, it probably goes up about, maybe 32-33 hours. It depends on how much he actually skipped.

If he skipped damn near 90% of the cutscenes in the game (which I doubt, but who knows?), it's possible that the game COULD get up to 35 hours, possibly higher.

Again though, people shouldn't think Game Duration = Story Quality, because those two don't correlate. The only thing it indicates is how long it takes the player to beat the game, that's it.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Imagine believing 0.2 is 4-6 hours long and DDD is longer than BBS.

That's about how long it took me to beat 0.2. And I know I'll have to go back through it a couple more times for all the trophies lol.

BBS may have the edge with three separate stories, but they are surprisingly short. If you are playing just to beat the game, each characters story can be in the realm of about 7-8 hours. Not long at all.

The worlds in DDD take a lot longer to traverse and get through even with flowmotion as a thing. The Grid alone felt like such a maze.

BBS was just a few tiny rooms in a corridor for each world.

David/Vaddix

The leaker seemed to imply that base KH2 is better than KH3. However, even with just what I've seen in trailers, I already feel like KH3 is way better. He never specifically says why he feels that way, but I'm in love with the series so every game for me is at least an 8\10. Maybe I'm just easy to please!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I don't think watching them after contributes to the overall game time

I don't think so either. He'd have watched them in Theatre mode, yes? That's usually accessed from the start menu, not in game. Meaning that they don't contribute to save file length.

Cutscenes watched in the game DO count towards total play time, I'm pretty sure. So if he skipped a lot of them that would explain a lot.

Fatal Mode

Numbers without context are meaningless. Focus on the content rather than the length. I'd take 15 hours of genuine entertainment vs. 40 filled with tedium. Don't worry about it too much folks until you get to experience it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back