• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshadow0118

I sympathise. This whole RG and FF saga has got me feeling some kinda way.....

I believe that there will be a coliseum update..he'll on the trophies I don't know what centurion and the verum rex (?) trophies are in relations too. Supposedly one has to do with a FF boss? But don't know who that is or what game he's from.

2 quid is good

Awards
Every time I think I'm over the Radiant Garden salt, I come here and it gets worse, lol. I'm delusional but I still hope that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

God, I know right? It's like a kick in the teeth everytime you remember. Chances of Seifer are gonna be low too...

2 quid is good

Awards
I will miss RG and I feel a little disappointed because of its absence. But people really should let it go (no pun intended). The game is so much more than that.

Why should people let it go? I hate this line of thinking. Its like a way to end criticism by making the criticiser look like a nitpicker and pedantic.

A whole damn world not being playable at all, despite its importance to the series, the plot, and the characters, is a big issue.

wolfshadow0118

I posted in another thread but you could do take what Leon said in kh1 "We may never meet again, but we will never forget each other.", and consider as something that was bound to happen at one point.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Nutari, I don't think the reliance on mostly modern films is just because of advertising because there are older properties that could also have benefited from the advertisement. Examples:

Dumbo – A live-action Dumbo film is about to be released that this would promote.
The Jungle Book – The live-action Jungle Book has a sequel in the works, plus the animated film should be getting re-released in the next year or two.
One Hundred and One Dalmatians – The Cruella film is in development and there’s also a new Dalmatians TV series that's debuted on the Disney Channel.

Moreover, I seriously doubt most of these worlds were chosen based on how they connect to KH3’s plot or how “out of the box” they were. The variety in their environments, on the other hand, I can believe (as in--water world? Check. Ice world? Check. And so on.). Either way, I know SE has at least done their best to try to have Org. characters present in the worlds causing a ruckus to assuage criticism of KH2, which makes me happy.

Sure. But you also need to remember that those are live-action reboots of a property,because the cartoon versions are more or less classics that are rarely revisited (except for the Jungle Book because that's public domain). I was just out to dinner with a group of people who had to really try to remember Dumbo. Disney likes to revive old IPs from time to time to supplement their cash flow between big releases. I guarantee you that nobody at Disney cares about Dumbo or 101. Those aren't their money-makers.

So yes, I suppose that those movies could benefit from the advertisement, but they'd have to go with stylized cartoon versions for those characters, and that's the exact opposite of what Disney is doing with them right now.

From what we can tell, it does seem like each world serves a specific story development. From what Zip pointed out that seems to be more likely.

Also, Zip, were you saying that you know from the leaks that each world fits a certain plot development? If so, you really gotta spoiler those. Otherwise, you should reinforce up-top that its speculation.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Sure. But you also need to remember that those are live-action reboots of a property,because the cartoon versions are more or less classics that are rarely revisited (except for the Jungle Book because that's public domain). I was just out to dinner with a group of people who had to really try to remember Dumbo. Disney likes to revive old IPs from time to time to supplement their cash flow between big releases. I guarantee you that nobody at Disney cares about Dumbo or 101. Those aren't their money-makers.

So yes, I suppose that those movies could benefit from the advertisement, but they'd have to go with stylized cartoon versions for those characters, and that's the exact opposite of what Disney is doing with them right now.

From what we can tell, it does seem like each world serves a specific story development. From what Zip pointed out that seems to be more likely.

Also, Zip, were you saying that you know from the leaks that each world fits a certain plot development? If so, you really gotta spoiler those. Otherwise, you should reinforce up-top that its speculation.

None of it is based on the leaks other than what was spoiler tagged. Other than that, it is all stuff that’s been seen in trailers, interviews, demos, etc., except for where I use words like “might” indicating that bit is my own speculation for what might happen.

GrumpyRoxy

Why should people let it go? I hate this line of thinking. Its like a way to end criticism by making the criticiser look like a nitpicker and pedantic.

A whole damn world not being playable at all, despite its importance to the series, the plot, and the characters, is a big issue.

Sorry, I guess I didn't express my self properly.
I do believe that any type of criticism is valid and should be made regardless of the reason. However I don't see how would the game be ruined (as some people feel/believe) because of that. Sure, it's a disappointment. But people can't let that ruin the whole experience. The game is so much more than Radiant Garden and the Comitee members.

I am as sad as you about their absence, and I can't find a reason for Nomura's decision that is not "lol don't need'em" but personally I think there are more positive things in KH3 (so far) than negative, and that's why I said "people should let it go".

Again, apologies for the bad way of expressing myself! :(

Zexelf

Radiant Garden in KH2, they basically complete the arc of it. The only thing left it's Sephiroth vs Clound , the ending of Hollow Bastion in KH2 made very clear to me and we don't even know WHO is the secret boss and don't come with '' there's no secret bosses asides from the unique heartless'' because the leaker clearly don't know shit about how unlock ( after all he lied about having even the Ultimate weapon). Could be very well Sephiroth or a story related boss. Also there's cutscnes of Radiant Garden in the game, probably they're more about KH's OC but that make sense , after all this is game is clearly about ending Xehanort arc, so let not get ahead of ourselves and presume they won't adress nothing about it..

Why not make Twilight Town as big as Disney world? Because there isn't a point of making a entire whole TT if they gonna use only the mansion and hub. I don't say that i like or even think it was right move but make sense if that's going for it. Also we don't knowwhat's even the story on TT is about , we could very well play some areas that you can't return or something. We need to wait until the game releases to understand why TT wasn't made complete instead of presume shit like '' They made this to appeal to everyone''.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Any world can be stretched into something plot-relevant if the writers actually put the effort in to write it. That is their job. For example--PoHs would apply to any movie with a female character in it. The black box plot--could fit with literally anything. Any movie could have an Org. member or Heartless there causing mayhem. I still don't believe they were chosen by how much they fit KH3's plot at all, but I didn't respond to you the first time to argue so much as say I don't agree with that is all.

ZJGamer

Any world can be stretched into something plot-relevant if the writers actually put the effort in to write it. That is their job. For example--PoHs would apply to any movie with a female character in it. The black box plot--could fit with literally anything. Any movie could have an Org. member or Heartless there causing mayhem. I still don't believe they were chosen by how much they fit KH3's plot at all, but I didn't respond to you the first time to argue so much as say I don't agree with that is all.

Exactly, you could come up with a way to tie any of the worlds to the main plot. For example and easy one would be Agrabah with the King of Thieves plot line. In that film there is an oracle that will answer any one question. I'm sure the Seekers of Darkness would love to use that. And Maleficent could try and ask the Oracle about where to find the black box. Instant main plot connection.

UltimaXOmega

Spoiler Spoiler Show

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Saying that RG's story arc ended in KHII is too simple. You could also argue that KHII's ending had a definitive feeling to it.
In KHI Sora is seperated from his friends and he must find them, in the end Kairi is rescued but Sora still needs to find Riku. In CoM Riku struggles with his weakness of giving in to darkness and realises the best way he can help his friends is to accept the darkness in him. In KHII the three friends reunite and fight together (even if we barely see Kairi fighting on-screen, she does mention that she doesn't want to be left out anymore), and they return home, all is well.
Yes, I know in the post-credit scene they get a message from Mickey, but SoRiKai's expressions (neutra, happy and worried) were chosen so the message in theory could pertain to anything, not necessarily a new mission as became a must with later games.

How do we know that Radiant Garden is problemfree? The Xehanorts could easily stir up some trouble if they so desired, and we know some of them visit, so why would it be so improbable to find a conflict there?
And as others have mentioned, how do the Restoration Commitee react to there all of a sudden be a scientist walking around in Ansem's Lab, an area that they probably consider off-limits for people not part of the commitee. And they previosly had trouble with the Organization what is their reaction to having to work together with a former member of that organization?

The FF characters are not just like the Disney stuff where it's the same characters as the source material. FF presence was used by taking an already existing character and see what would happen to him/her if they were in a different environment.
During the prologue in KHI you are asked questions by three kids. If it wasn't for the fact that the journal stated they were FF characters I would have not known. By the time of KHII I was an avid FF player, but for many of us the FF characters, precisely because they are so different from their original counterparts, are just as much KH OC's as Mickey, Donald and Goofy.
Those three are Disney characters, but are being treated as main characters in the franchise. KH wants us to think of Mickey Mouse, the (supposed) symbol of innocence and goodwill, as a fierce master warrior. Okay, but I just have a hard time to feel an incentive to do so, when very little character development is given to him.
At the same time we have Squall who, due to feeling guilt over his inability to protect those he cared about, shed his name and took the name Leon. Here there was potential to give him a character arc that could end with him finally feeling he's redeemed himself and ready to take on his old name again, an arc that might have had something to do with those Rinoa wings from the KHII ending. Now KH has always been bad with character development, but with less and less FF pressence in this franchise, where they, I reiterate, function just as much as KH OC's as other characters do, it's just a massive missed opportunity.

It also feels wierd that this world, that has had so many important plotpoints throughout the franchise, does not get to finish its own story-arc.
BBS: The Capital of Light
Post-BBS: Fall from Grace
KHI: Dark empty husk of former self
KHII: Rebuilding
KHIII: What? You expected something like "Restored Glory"? Silly consumer of our product, tsk tsk tsk.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Radiant Garden in KH2, they basically complete the arc of it. The only thing left it's Sephiroth vs Clound , the ending of Hollow Bastion in KH2 made very clear to me and we don't even know WHO is the secret boss and don't come with '' there's no secret bosses asides from the unique heartless'' because the leaker clearly don't know shit about how unlock ( after all he lied about having even the Ultimate weapon). Could be very well Sephiroth or a story related boss. Also there's cutscnes of Radiant Garden in the game, probably they're more about KH's OC but that make sense , after all this is game is clearly about ending Xehanort arc, so let not get ahead of ourselves and presume they won't adress nothing about it..

Why not make Twilight Town as big as Disney world? Because there isn't a point of making a entire whole TT if they gonna use only the mansion and hub. I don't say that i like or even think it was right move but make sense if that's going for it. Also we don't knowwhat's even the story on TT is about , we could very well play some areas that you can't return or something. We need to wait until the game releases to understand why TT wasn't made complete instead of presume shit like '' They made this to appeal to everyone''.

I'm sorry but I'm just not with this line of thinking. I felt like the Radaint Garden plot was just getting started. At the end of KH2, the world only just started to got back to what it was before but the whole place was still in rubble and even worse after the battle with 100 heartless. I wanted a whole plot where we would see it in its former, possibly better glory, like how it was in BBS.

And we still don't know the whole deal with Kairi and her grandmother and why they lived in the castle library to begin with. It could be nothing but Sora seeing that memory in KH1 wasn't for no reason. Or maybe it was but Kairi's origin is stil kind of relevant.

Also, Cloud and sephiroth didnt end their arc either. They just disappeared into thin air. We have no idea what happened at all. Especially with the whole zack thing in BBS I kind of want that plot to have a way better conclusion.

When the Organization was brought back to life and Kairi was finally becoming relevant in DDD, I thought KH3 was the perfect opportunity to address and do all this, not save it for a later game

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm sorry but I'm just not with this line of thinking. I felt like the Radaint Garden plot was just getting started. At the end of KH2, the world only just started to get back to what it was. I wanted a whole plot where we would see it in its former, possibly better glory, like how it was in BBS. And we still don't know the whole deal with Kairi and her grandmother and why they lived in the castle. It could be nothing but Sora seeing that memory in KH1 wasnt for no reason.

Also, Cloud and sephiroth didnt end. They just disappeared into thin air. We have no idea what happened at all.

When the organization was brought back to life and Kairi was finally becoming relevant in DDD, I thought KH3 was the perfect opportunity to address and do all this, not save it for a later game

I completely agree with all of what you said, and also, I thought I'd post an interview snippet from E3 that happened THIS YEAR:

Q: Until now only a lot of Disney characters had showed up- Will there be any appearance of new ‘Final Fantasy’ characters?

Nomura: About the characters that have not showed up in the trailer, for now I cannot answer... The characters from ‘Final Fantasy’ require special care, as the characters are very unique. Hence it is difficult to portray how FF characters will communicate with the other characters in the game. However, please look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game.

How could he have said that? And people play off FF not being in the game like it should have been expected when fans were hearing this kind of stuff not even six months ago.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can't say I am too thrilled they left out Radiant Garden which is arguably the most important of the original worlds.

People tend to focus more on the FF cameos and how they're "not necessary" or something because they supposedly aren't that deeply connected to the whole Xehanort stuff and KH III is already overly filled with original characters, but that assessment goes too short.

Not only is Radiant Garden Kairi's homeworld, several of the original characters hail from there too and it is deeply tied to Xehanort himself not only through the heart experiments, but also the secret laboratory itself which contains among other things the chamber of repose where both Aqua's keyblade and armor are located.

From a narrative standpoint there is still stuff to wrap up in this world that is certainly connected to the the whole "solution" theme the game is said to have apart from just the FF cameos.
So while of course not judging the entire game about this it does come over as a tad weird and a huge missed opportunity to wrap things up more smoothly by excluding the world.

bcsimaoo

Awards
If they want to put some new world via DLC, which one would it be? Yes! Correct answer! RADIANT GARDEN. It has plot reasons, Sora could visit even after beating Xehanort and it would still have things to see, help, discover. Seek for Kairi's past, meet Leon and the gang... But what is the most important thing of keeping RG for a DLC? Everyone is going to buy. Everyone is going to be pissed off but they are going to buy. It's different from a Disney world for example, it would depend on the movie, if you like it or not (for hardcore fans wouldn't matter but...). However, RG is just the perfect strategy for selling. Just wait and see. I don't approve that, but they are smart and that just make so much sense.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
None of it is based on the leaks other than what was spoiler tagged. Other than that, it is all stuff that’s been seen in trailers, interviews, demos, etc., except for where I use words like “might” indicating that bit is my own speculation for what might happen.

Great! Then, I actually really enjoy your speculations. They fit in line very well with what's been established so far in the series. I realize I haven't really watched any of the demos... ah well, we're so close now anyway, I can wait :3

2 quid is good

Awards
If they want to put some new world via DLC, which one would it be? Yes! Correct answer! RADIANT GARDEN. It has plot reasons, Sora could visit even after beating Xehanort and it would still have things to see, help, discover. Seek for Kairi's past, meet Leon and the gang... But what is the most important thing of keeping RG for a DLC? Everyone is going to buy. Everyone is going to be pissed off but they are going to buy. It's different from a Disney world for example, it would depend on the movie, if you like it or not (for hardcore fans wouldn't matter but...). However, RG is just the perfect strategy for selling. Just wait and see. I don't approve that, but they are smart and that just make so much sense.

If they do this I am not going to buy it at all, and I hope the rest of the fans will join me. Either make it free or nothing. That is a disgusting business practice and I had faith that KH3 wouldn't partake in it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I’m definitely not a fan of cutting content from the game for the sake of selling it separately. But if they add a standalone Radiant Garden story with the world being big enough that I can spend 3+ hours in it, I would buy that.

From the developers perspective, it wouldn’t be the worst idea to focus on OG worlds for DLC since SE has more freedom with what they can do with the original worlds and their character libraries. So those worlds would be easier to offer post-launch content for as opposed to the Disney worlds which would require all those approval processes again.

A Cloud and Sephiroth scenario would be perfect for when FFVIIR promotion starts picking up. (Don’t @ me; we all know the subplot in KH2 was an Advent Children tie-in.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cash' me outside if KH3FM doesn't happen and has Radiant Garden as a new world with a whole new scenario.

Y'all forget Nomura added the Realm of Darkness in BBSFM, which was pretty much a whole new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back