• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maximumlight8

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've been playing since the original KH1 and my expectations are pretty reasonable and tempered.

Also, the leaker has decided to throw himself a full-on T A N T R U M. Apparently, he beat all the Battle Portals and didn't get any Orichalcum+. He's throwing a hissy fit that he hasn't found the materials for the Ultima Weapon and is threatening to drop his review score of the game by a "full point" if he doesn't get it by Sunday. What a little bitch.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been playing since the original KH1 and my expectations are pretty reasonable and tempered.

Also, the leaker has decided to throw himself a full-on T A N T R U M. Apparently, he beat all the Battle Portals and didn't get any Orichalcum+. He's throwing a hissy fit that he hasn't found the materials for the Ultima Weapon and is threatening to drop his review score of the game by a "full point" if he doesn't get it by Sunday. What a little bitch.

I’m laughing. I think it is very clear by this point that there is a ton of hidden content if he hasn’t found the materials he needs for Ultima yet. I bet he doesn’t even know about all of the hidden treasure chests.

ZJGamer

If Square decided to bring back the battle portals from KH3D, then why not bring back the Secret Portals so we could fight stronger versions of the bosses? That seems like it would be easy to do. Copy and paste the story bosses, but with higher stats. See it's easy stuff like that which they ignored that really gets under my skin.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Leaferian

Awards
I’m laughing. I think it is very clear by this point that there is a ton of hidden content if he hasn’t found the materials he needs for Ultima yet. I bet he doesn’t even know about all of the hidden treasure chests.
Right? Here he is, another 10 hours deep, and he definitely hasn't found everything. Some people in the twitter comment thread are theorizing that the Ultima Weapon materials may be locked by the Day 1 Patch specifically to prevent people who get the game early from spoiling the Ultimate Form. Whatever the case, it's clear the game has a ton to do.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Remember when everyone loved this guy for being a fan, deciding not to reveal any spoilers, and giving us great snippets of gameplay?

Peppridge Farm remembers.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sorawild

Now that I think about it, he never mentioned anything about the flan heartless. Maybe they are how you get them?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Now that I think about it, he never mentioned anything about the flan heartless. Maybe they are how you get them?

Has he even done the Flan challenges at all? Come to think of it, he hasn't even mentioned them once. I heard someone speculating on here a little while back that there might be a Flan keyblade similar to the ice cream keyblade from Birth by Sleep, but since he hasn't even mentioned them I guess we won't know if that's the case at all.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
So basically KH2 was just like this guy back in the day.
6030.jpg

Y'know, treated like the best thing since sliced bread and has been used as the sole comparison for EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT CAME AFTER

Pizza Time mini game in KH3 confirmed.

My how opinions can change. Funny how he showed his true colors now that the game is nearing the release.

It's because once this game is out, there goes all of his "fame". Other than the stuff he can actually provide, I've BEEN not taking him seriously.

Leaferian

Awards
God, I can't WAIT to search for hidden chests. I am gonna have so much friggen fun with this game~ Just two and a half weeks left, and I am losing my mind with happiness.

Awards
Pizza Time mini game in KH3 confirmed.

It's because once this game is out, there goes all of his "fame". Other than the stuff he can actually provide, I've BEEN not taking him seriously.
Sora: .....oh no. 『D O C T O R C O N N O R S ' C L A S S』

anyway im pretty sure his fame will go away once the resetera guy in Dubai gets his hands on the game

Leaferian

Awards
So, turns out the Orichalcum+ seems to be hidden in treasure chests like in KH2. Ahahahaha, prank'd.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So, turns out the Orichalcum+ seems to be hidden in treasure chests like in KH2. Ahahahaha, prank'd.

Are the chests well hidden or are they a consequence of him just not exploring and chest-hunting enough?

EDIT: leaker also showed save the king and save the queen on Twitter a few days ago. Both weapons look great, but I believe they probably have upgraded forms as well. Maybe not, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
Are the chests well hidden or are they a consequence of him just not exploring and chest-hunting enough?

EDIT: leaker also showed save the king and save the queen on Twitter a few days ago. Both weapons look great, but I believe they probably have upgraded forms as well. Maybe not, I wouldn't be able to tell you.
No idea. I'd guess a combination of both tbh.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
To me, the KH universe felt small when they were reusing the same worlds throughout KH1, CoM, KH2, Days, BBS, and Re:Coded. (Wonderland, Olympus, Agrabah, Monstro, Halloween Town, Atlantica, Neverland, Beast’s Castle) Rehashing the same worlds and plots 5 times in some cases doesn’t seem very inspired to me. To each their own though.

Any of these games could have featured Black Cauldron or Atlantis or additional versions of Lilo and Stitch or Wonderland. But they didn’t. So why aren’t we also criticizing all those other games for not including these when they would have worked just as well back then since according to you they can insert any world at any time regardless of story relevance? Not sure why KH3 is suddenly the time to start griping about the lack of these films, despite already having worlds based on two of them.
One of the preeminent concerns among fans of the series is which worlds are selected for each and every title, so there is nothing sudden about this line of criticism. The argument I was making is not the one which you seem to have read into my comments: the fact that any world could arguably work for any game, rather than standing as a functional justification for any world choice, establishes a stronger mandate to selectively integrate worlds in the best way, at the ideal time. That's how we can best compare potential and actual world choices, which is in relation to their relative service to the plot and themes occurring around them in conjunction with the sense of immersive scale and history they provide, not only internally, but to the greater KH universe.

This latter concern has been more central to some titles than others: CoM, Days and (to a less defensible extent) Coded were all structurally invested in the cyclical logic of conflict on the level of the individual-- the known world outside of ourselves juxtaposed with the mysteries which lie within our own hearts-- and so there was, consequently, less of an imperative to press for and develop new worlds when the emphasis was on utilizing worlds primarily as vehicles for the personal progression of characters. i.e. The entire premise of Chain of Memories is rendered obsolete without the dichotomy between and eventual blurring of the familiar and the unfamiliar which is facilitated by the use of recurrent settings and situations.

KH3 belongs to the class of mainline games which have a shared purpose in seeking to broaden the narrative boundaries of the series outside of those primarily personal encounters. But care still has to be taken when doing so to provide the strongest motivations for the audience to invest in that expansion. One route to that, and my personal preference 9 times out of 10, is to draw from a previously established emotional throughline by building upon some small feature of the story which could benefit from the extrapolation. I enjoyed KH2's Disney worlds (often in spite of their flaws) because Sora typically had a reason to care about the people in them and so, by extension, did we. Knowing characters like Mushu, Simba, and Belle/the Beast from KH1 helped make their respective worlds feel like logical extensions of the ongoing narrative, so it was easy to accept that Sora would want to spend time in the worlds and help resolve any problems there. The other route is to offer a really compelling foundation for the world's storytelling potential that supersedes the advantages of maintaining such a throughline: a good example of this is Tron in KH2, which is not a favorite of mine, but which has a very clear and gratifying arc such that no Organization member even needs to appear within the world in order for it to have a sizable impact in progressing both our understanding of the story and the characters' understandings of the world around them. It's as close to indispensable as a Disney world gets without being in KH1.

A bad example of this is Arendelle in KH3, which looks to be included because it's just too popular not to be and there are suddenly new PoH just because: we already know the world is not structured to incorporate Sora et al into the main plot, which undermines the case for our investment in it. The PoH angle isn't even a strong argument given that KoC could easily check that off the narrative laundry list, and the same issue persists with other examples in the game in terms of what we've seen of them so far. The same story could be told utilizing Toy Box as BH6 such that the plot and setting of Toy Box could literally take place within San Fransokyo and we wouldn't have reason to think twice about it: both deal with alternate worlds/dimensions and the question of how the "heart" of something that is not technically alive or sentient develops and changes over time, and the threat of how the Xehanorts intend to use any insight they gain through their observations. From the looks of it YX even shows up in both worlds to drive home how unnecessary it was to include both when one would have sufficed, especially since none of this is remotely new information within the context of the larger story: Pinocchio's character has been used to re-cement these themes as recently as DDD. In a game with so few Disney worlds, this is wasted space and potential that could have been applied towards deepening the multidimensionality contained between worlds within the series.

I also highly doubt plot elements like worlds being split in two, robots being possessed by demons, or manifestations of pain in the form of data bugs entering the real world are adhering to the previously established plot mechanics in those films. Lmao
That's what makes their inclusion so janky and unrewarding, the fact that the "canon" status of these worlds has to be reconciled with the reality that none of this can meaningfully change any of the known qualities of those worlds because they were not designed to accommodate the rules and events of the KH universe. That diminishes the substance of what occurs there, because we have to contend with the fact that Woody and Buzz never talk about the events of KH3 despite consistently referencing those of past movies, which makes Sora's inevitable proclamation that they've all become lifelong friends ring hollow. We're left to either assume that the Toys have either somehow forgotten about him and everything that came with his visit, or that they don't consider it formative or even worth the occasional acknowledgment-- and if they can't be said to care about what happens, why should any of us be?

In the KH universe, Belle and the Beast actually did leave their world and have experiences outside of it, and that works because it's part of a self-contained reimagining of that canon that makes anything, theoretically, possible. That kind of creative liberty is invaluable to the sustenance of KH's appeal, and the more I hear about the restrictions and requests from the Disney side of the production the more I wish this game had gone with IPs whose creators are either dead or indifferent so the developers could have done whatever they wanted and then, at the very least, we'd know exactly who to blame for the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back