• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
KH has turned into shonen trash again. Ballad is expressing his feelings of the shonen-level convolution by renaming the series into its proper name.

Ah, I think I get it now.
He's comparing KH III to KH II's level in terms of standard anime shonen storytelling tropes. Does that mean we'll need a bunch of side games again to fix the mess this causes? Or just some of the "free" DLC stuff Nomura speaks about in the current interview?

In one scene where Lea speaks about having to "iron out some plot points" while Sora was apart from all the other characters this reeks for me of interesting stuff happening behind the scenes we're not privy to just like it was in KH II as well.

Sorry, I can be a bit slow on the uptake these days.
While I am not very hyped outwardly there is a sort of inner unrest nonetheless.

KHFan91

So, some people are saying that the Kingdom Hearts series doesn't treat their female characters well?

No offense or anything, but I'm sure that there are other video games and series that are even worse in that regard.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So, some people are saying that the Kingdom Hearts series doesn't treat their female characters well?

No offense or anything, but I'm sure that there are other video games and series that are even worse in that regard.

I don’t think other games giving worse treatment of their female characters excuses KH from criticism on that subject.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's what I mean by selective sympathy. People only feel bad when bad things happen to groups they care for even when it happens to the entire roster, and when people show that, I know from that point perspective of the other side is meaningless.

No problem, I did expect that, to even considered to not put that under spoiler. And there is some Pandora Hearts too, oh my oh my. Either way, here goes the explanation, which of course goes to the explanation.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephinort

giphy.gif

Me trying to process all the theories, spoilers, and thoughts in my own head after reading these posts

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Oof, it sounds like things have gone from an FF/Disney crossover to
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Damn, I totally overlooked answering this one in my last post:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don’t think other games giving worse treatment of their female characters excuses KH from criticism on that subject.

Complete agreement on this one.
There are certainly problems to address in this field, yet as DraceEmpressa says it feels that in some of the examples given there is selective sympathy at work.

That's what I mean by selective sympathy. People only feel bad when bad things happen to groups they care for even when it happens to the entire roster, and when people show that, I know from that point perspective of the other side is meaningless.

No problem, I did expect that, to even considered to not put that under spoiler. And there is some Pandora Hearts too, oh my oh my. Either way, here goes the explanation, which of course goes to the explanation.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh, the perspective of the other side may still be acknowledged, but it will certainly be put as subordinate to the group the selective sympathy is shown towards.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

GrumpyRoxy

Sooo... KH3 is (so far) the game with the higher metascore of the franchise.

What do you guys think of that? I'm hyped as diddly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back