• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima Spark

Is no one else gonna talk about how YMX eyes are STILL GREY WHEN HE MEETS WITH MOM?!?!

And when ARX are fighting Saix, that fight in 3 was between Sora, Roxas and Xion and Axel sat it out. What could that mean?!?
Whens this fight take place?!
After the main story?
In some pocket dimension like with the data battles?
Do they go looking for Isa after the main story and find him and get attacked?
Does Isa let Roxas and Xion have their turn at whacking him to their hearts content for all the BS he put them through?!?!?

Yeah, I'm wondering if these changed Org. fights are just optional boss shenanigans or actual changes to the main story (something that's never been done before in the series). Gonna be real interesting to experience if it's the latter.

Megavoltage

Awards
Could be.
But would be also kinda strange change part of the story.
I don't think Sora's story will change. Maybe these fights we are seeing in the trailer could just be placeholders, not continuity changes? They probably don't want to spoil who Playable Characters will actually be fighting. Just a guess.

I'm really curious on exactly when these DLC adventures start. Right after Sora helps TAV/RAX he immediately runs off. I'm assuming this is when the DLC happens, these are the perfect openings for extra fights and plot. Orrr the Aqua and Riku playable scenarios could be at the very start of the Keyblade Graveyard chaos and they'd be fighting through the giga army of Heartless/Unversed/Nobodies just like SDG did. Roxas is kind of pigeonholed into a starting point but who knows when Aqua and Riku start their DLC adventures. Maybe even playable before the Keyblade Graveyard drama starts, like during that supposed day of rest? The possibilities...

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Luxord giving Sora the wild card seems to take on a whole new meaning. He's anticipating it's need as opposed to handing out farewell gifts.

See, people should've started questioning why Luxord's wild card would even have the power to potentially save Sora. He also was the one tasked with finding the black box. Plus we know he was around from way back when. He's not a Foreteller, Xigbar would've recognized him. And he's not the Master of Masters because the two act completely different from each other (unless he's an Oscar-level actor), so who would he be? Doesn't seem like he'd be a regular wielder from back then too.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So who is playing who? Luxord or Xigbar. What's weird is that Luxord was after the black box, which Organization members (not sure if Luxord) knew Xigbar had information about it. So is Luxord just being coy by saying it doesn't matter to him?

Ohh, I am ready.

Megavoltage

Awards
The only way to solve this is if we would to be able to play as the characters before entering the battles to configure the controls before heading into them.

Basically all these scenarios need is pre-combat shortcut tuning and selfie modes and it's good as gold.
Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think something like this is needed. It would be kind of annoying if the moment the DLC starts it goes right into KEYBLADE WAR FINAL SHOWDOWN GO GO GO GO GOOOOOOO!!! Even more than having a moment to reconfigure your controls I'd personally want some some kind of subchapter where the characters hangout in a calm world before you select Keyblade Graveyard. Important plot wouldn't even need to happen. You could just walk around, talk with people, take pictures, etc. Land of Departure would probably be best place for something like this. And those hallways we already walked through would be the perfect place to put new battlegates.

NoWay

Awards
Isn’t anybody else worried about the DLC? I mean everything looks cool but I am worried about being disappointed again. I mean, I’d be really sad if we only could play as Aqua, Riku and Roxas during these bossfights. I want to explore the KG (or more) with them. I also still hope that they expand Riku’s RoD segments..

Writer_Man

Awards
Don't discount who and who isn't playable here. Axel was Roxas's party member, not Sora during that fight scene.

SomeKHFan

Awards
I've heard a theory that Luxord might be the player character of KHUX. I feel it's unlikely but that is one theory I've heard.

Zul

Awards
I feel like I'm missing something right in front of my face but do we have confirmation that the guy talking to YX is MoM? My first impression was that was Xigboob.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, I think it's a good theory that Luxord is SOMEONE from the Chi era. Thing is, we don't know what his original name was.

All we can know is the name contained l-u-o-r-d, I can't figure out a good name with those letters atm. (I mean, Roxas= Sora, so pattern, pattern. Not sure if the other org members have their names scrambled the same way though.)

Obiewantsanipod

Well, I think it's a good theory that Luxord is SOMEONE from the Chi era. Thing is, we don't know what his original name was.

All we can know is the name contained l-u-o-r-d, I can't figure out a good name with those letters atm. (I mean, Roxas= Sora, so pattern, pattern. Not sure if the other org members have their names scrambled the same way though.)

Word on the street is it's Ulrod.

Awards
I have a feeling that’s not MoM talking to Xehanort in the trailer. It could be Luxu before he took Braig’s body.

Luxu is clearly the one responsible for putting Xehanort’s plan in motion, so it would make the most sense.

I wouldn’t really call it a theory at this point since Xemnas pretty much confirmed it when he was talking to the 4 of them about their “Ancient Keyblade secret”. We already know Marluxia and Larxene are from the X era, so Demyx and Luxord have to be as well.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Ok, so I've got mixed feelings. On one front, I'm happy that Roxas, Riku, and Aqua are playable in the Keyblade graveyard, and these were all of my picks for playable characters anyway. But on the other hand though, it's the exact same short battles as before, and specifically in regard to Roxas, it looks he'll still only have all of three moves like he did as a party member (which also means no air combo, no regular magic, no blocking, which means no counters, probably no situation commands, bassically nothing of genuine substance). Which kinda makes me wish they would've just had him be playable later on, so they could really flesh out his moveset. As it stands, it looks a slightly janky KH2 camera changing mod that they just tacked on to make up for his likely still miniscule role in this game. Which is incredibly cheap and disappointing if I'm correct. Kinda like how they made him invincible in order to justify calling him top secret and by extension, of high importance in interviews leading up to the game.

Happy that we'll finally get some incite into Young Xehanort and Luxu's plan. They genuinely seem to have established a bond during their time together. And it seems YX will have much further significance in the series future, which I'm totally fine with since he's my favorite Xehanort anyway. Additionally, Young Xehanort, although still physically larger than his older Scala self, now has silver eyes, so that's something worth looking into. The mystery surrounding Luxord is honestly of no interest to me. No Demyx, or Vexen, or Siax scenes so far, which is a bit surprising considering Nomura's earlier statements. Still think Xion is going to be clarified, but it'll probably be only limited to a few new scenes of more exposition.

I'm really curious on exactly when these DLC adventures start. Right after Sora helps TAV/RAX he immediately runs off. I'm assuming this is when the DLC happens, these are the perfect openings for extra fights and plot. Orrr the Aqua and Riku playable scenarios could be at the very start of the Keyblade Graveyard chaos and they'd be fighting through the giga army of Heartless/Unversed/Nobodies just like SDG did. Roxas is kind of pigeonholed into a starting point but who knows when Aqua and Riku start their DLC adventures. Maybe even playable before the Keyblade Graveyard drama starts, like during that supposed day of rest? The possibilities...

Can't be after Sora runs off from the fights because Terranort, Vanitas, and Siax are already defeated. It also can't really be before, because Roxas only appears mid way through the battle anyway, and by then Axel has to sit the fight out. During the time after those two segments, the only remaining norts are the ones Sora is already fighting, so there's nothing exactly left for them to do. I'd say that unless the scenes themselves were tweaked, it's probably some kind of data battle. As far as I can tell, nothing really suggest they'll be playable outside of the segments they were already party members in, so I'm not exactly very curious on the "when" of these events just yet. If KH3 was anything to go by, it likely doesn't even matter. The fact that Lea and Xion fight with Roxas only means they reused the Lea party member asset, the Xion party member asset, and seemingly only allow you to control the already limited three moves the Roxas party member had, just followed by a camera (possibly something more added, but the trailer gives zero indication that that's the case, so I don't really have reason to believe otherwise), all while fighting the exact same boss, which, assuming the entire sequence wasn't altered, is going to end the exact same way. Same with Riku and Aqua. In short, there doesn't seem to be much "new" here in regards to playable characters, so I'm keeping my expectations firmly grounded for the time being.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Interesting to see Luxord and Xigbar confronting each other in Olympus before the former leaves and tosses him the card before Xigbar asks him "Who are you?". I'm quite surprised to see that Xigbar wasn't the only one looking for the Black Box in Olympus as Luxord also came here to this world looking for the box as well and judging by the scenes I think this is either set before Maleficent and Pete were arriving in the Garden to dig up the box or after they dug up the box and left the world.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like I'm missing something right in front of my face but do we have confirmation that the guy talking to YX is MoM? My first impression was that was Xigboob.

We don’t think it was the MoM. It was just what everybody went with when the trailer came out because of the exaggerated expressions but I think it would make more sense to be Luxu.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
To me, I think those are data battles and maybe you get to pick your party members? I don't think they will directly alter the story unless they had in their mind after the game was done that people will hate how the fights went and decide to right away to create a DLC to fix the story fights ([X] Doubt)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Interesting that in the Aqua and Roxas segments, Sora isn't there. With Aqua it's just her and Ven, and with Roxas, he has Xion and Lea. So are they actually changing bits of the story or are there new battle gates where you as other characters or somethin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back