• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts in your native language

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage-Roxas

Awards
I'm just wondering does some terms, names etc. mean something else in your native language (or any other language). Like in my native language, Finnish, Sora means gravel. Also Riku is a male given name (and as you may have realized already, unisex name in japanese...) and you know the ship name for Axel/Roxas is Akuroku, coming from how their names are written in Japanese. Aku is a male given name in Finnish, also Donald's Finnish name. Donald/Roxas? Lea is a female given name in Finnish like in many other languages.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
in my language, Romanian...
sora = the sister, lol
other that that, I understand all the Latin terms and names for their actual meaning because Romanian is a Neo-latin language, so many terms are very similar and have identical meanings

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Welp, the closest thing I really can think up of immediately is the pronunciation of Roxas. My native tongue is English since I live and grew up in the United States, but my mother is from the Philippines and they once had a Filipino president named Roxas. The key difference here is that Roxas was pronounced Ro-has like the Spanish name (since Tagalog has some Spanish influences).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back