• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Infinity Remix Book 1.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Kingdom Hearts: Infinity Remix

“Upon this fated land, a great war shall transpire, darkness prevail, and light expire.” -The Master of Masters. Book of Prophecies final page.

“When the world began anew a usurper of darkness shall abandon the light. He will ruin the lives of many, sowing seeds of misery. Upon the second war when all is lost, the true king shall shed his mortal coil. He shall rescue his beloved princess, destroy the Usurper with all his might, and bring forth a new dawn and set things right.” – Foreteller Ava of Daybreak Town.

This story is a work of fiction, based off the blood, sweat and tears of another’s work of fiction. The characters are all owned by their respective company right’s holder. This story is one of multiple retellings of a grand epic that spanned across almost twenty years. Characters, places, and settings may change, but hopefully the spirt shall be kept, in spite of these changes.

I thank my friends who encourage and inspire me to write this

Disney, Square Enix, Lucas Film, and Marvel comics, and this writer proudly present.

KINGDOM HEARTS INFINTY REMIX

Book 1: Light

Chapter 1. Awakening.

“Is this for real? Am I dreaming?”

Those were the thoughts of a young man standing on a massive circular stained-glass surface. The young man looked around to find nothing but the green floor, it was the only thing his blue eyes could focus on. The young, brown spiky haired youth dressed in a mostly red jumpsuit, a sparkling silver crown necklace and large yellow shoes.

This human child walked across the glass floor making an image of what he could only describe as an ebony haired princess, looking a beautiful as the mythic snow. The only sounds that could be heard were the steps made by his large yellow shoes and what the boy could have sworn was music and temple chanting as he looked around. The boy gazed around, but as hard as he looked, he could find no one else in this blackened state.

He drank in the fairy tale nature of the image before it shattered, dropping the boy into the dark abyss. Thankfully for him he landed safely onto another stained-glass floor. This time with a blue motif surrounding another beautiful young woman, this time, blond, in a blue, almost silver dress.

“Okay Sora, you can wake up now.” The boy called Sora said out loud as he ran one of his fingers through his spiky scalp, touching two small white and blue inwardly curved, if slightly dulled horns, acting as two small bent twin towers across the boy’s head.

“So, your him huh? I was hoping for maybe someone a bit more impressive, but I’ve worked more with less.” Sora heard a voice speak into his mind.

“Who’s there?” Sora shouted jumping back a bit in surprise.

“So much to do, and so little time. But by all means, while you’re here, take your time.” The voice went on with amusement and humor in his tone of voice. To Sora it sounded like a man anyway.

The boy started to walk again, only to be surrounded by twelve shinning blue, towering crystals. Sora had noticed that inside of these floating, sapphire pillars had weapons in them. A sword, a shield, a staff, a lance, a gun, a tome, a large star shuriken, a pair of gauntlets, a pair of metal rings, a double bladed oar like staff sword, a heavy looking battle axe, and a deck of cards.

“What is all this?” Sora asked.

“You’ll need four to help strengthen your heart for the battles ahead. Choose wisely, because you won’t be getting anything else.” The voice told the confused child.

‘This…is a really weird dream.’ Sora thought. Well since it was a dream where he’d be fighting monsters like the heroes his mother wrote about, he might as well have some fun before he woke up.

Sora walked toward the sword. The boy simply tapped on the crystal that held the weapon shattered much to the boy’s shock. It was replaced with a pedestal, and the weapon had magically brought itself in his hands. The long metal blade felt heavier to the teenager in comparison to his wooden sword. He felt a wave of destructive power coursing through his body, mentally picturing himself slicing, hacking and slashing a yellow eyed black, bug like monster.

Sora shook his head grabbed onto the sword with his right hand, figuring he would make this his first weapon. Sora looked at the staff. Well it was more of a short rod, a head with two big round ears. Sora tapped the crystal again. It shattered like before and Sora felt the rod in the grip of his free hand. Inside of Sora’s heart, he felt a pulsing force tingling all the way to the rest of his body.

“Well look at that, your mana will grow to me pretty big in time. The voice mused.

“My what?” Sora asked.

“Mana line, ya know for Magic. Hocus pocus and all that. Shooting fire out of your staff, and whatnot.” The voice explained much to the boy’s amazement.

“Magic is real?” Sora asked.

“Well duh, of course magic is real you silly pineapple head. What do you call music or a painting, or a good story?” The voice ranted. Sora imagined whoever he was talking to was rolling his eyes at him.

Oh wait you meant, besides life’s creativity. Sorry, Yes controlling the elements and the mystic arts are a real thing. Some people call Mana by another name. The Force, it surrounds us, binds us together and has a will of its own.” The voice backpedaled and apologized to the teenager.

The Spiky haired boy wandered to the shield. Since he had a sword it only made sense that he had something to match it. The boy repeated the process he had done twice already, and a shield came into his hands, making him drop the sword and staff. The boy fitted the shield’s leather strap tightly around his right wrist, while putting the rod into a pocket.

Now Sora had several choices to make, and he was almost at his limit. He looked past the lance, touching the crystal like he did the others. Sora’s mind showed himself wearing what he could only describe as wearing from head to toe shining purple dragon looking spiked armor, along with the long, curved lance. Sora felt as if he had jumped two stories, striking down whatever foe faced him.

Feeling dizzy Sora thought it might be best to look at something else for now. Looking at the gun, Sora placed his hand on the foreign chrome object. The spiky haired boy saw himself firing bolts of energy at unknown enemies. He turned away from it.

Sora looked at the book, the tome opened up, unleashing beasts of fire, ice, water and other element, new friends aiding Sora in the heat of battling foes of shadows. Sora quickly grabbed the book. He had all that he would need.

“Mr.Voice, I have my weapon pick.” Sora called out.

“You sure, you can’t have anything else. Those are what you want?” The voice asked.

“Yeah.” Sora confirmed

“Alright just land on your feet.” The voice muttered.

Before Sora could ask what he meant he heard a cracking sound, and felt himself falling from the floor. The boy landed on his head with a thud, watching his own feet dangle. Sora tried to lift himself up but unaware that he was stuck to the floor. Sora, with an annoyed grunt managed to free himself, with the sound of another small crack.

“I said…Pffhhh, to land on your feet didn’t I?” The voice muttered trying to hold back laugher. It failed and started cackling like a madman.

Sora jumped quickly, worried that the floor would give in on him again. The boy was also very annoyed that some disembodied voice was making fun of him. Before Sora could snap back at the voice, out of the darkeness came forth something hostile.

Tiny little black creatures with glowing yellow beady eyes, two bugs like antenna on top of their heads. They dashed over to the teen and surrounded him. Sora remembered these monsters from his visions touching the weapons. The creatures in question charged, slashing at Sora, making him wince out in pain from their sharp claws.

“Hey!” Sora cried out as he tried to dodge any more of the assault. The boy wasn’t successful as he would have liked with more slashings attacking his skin , while a pair of clawed hands grabbed onto the hood of his jacket, reeling him in for another set of painful cuttings.

“Get off!” Sora shouted struggling to fight back.

Suddenly a brilliant flash of light, a weapon materialized into Sora’s hand. Having been helpless up until that point, the boy instinctively swung his new smooth feeling weapon back at one of the black monsters, smacking it in what could pass for a right side of its face, sending the little pest flying to the side of the new stained glass floor. Sora took a glance, his furrowed brows shot up passed his spiky hairline and his once greeted teeth now open agape with the rest of his mouth. The weapon in his gloved hands were nothing that he had picked up before. No Instead he held onto a large crystal blue sword that looked unmistakably like a key.

Sora could have sworn that he saw his attackers shiver at the sight of his new key. Using their hesitation to his advantage, Sora charged at the closest one and whacked it across the head. He didn’t give it a chance to retaliate, spinning, whacking and bashing away. Sora gave a surprised shout when it burst into a puff of smoke.

Sora felt the back of his hood be yanked again. He turned around whacking two more of the little buggers. Some had sank down into the ground weirding the boy out. He watched them move, while jumping up to avoid an incoming swipe. Once the monsters came back, Sora went back to bashing and whacking away, the battle came to a close with Sora as the lone victor, panting and out of breath.

“Wh-What were those things?” Sora asked planting his new key onto the glass for as a means of support.

“Shadows, back in my day we called them Dwellers of Darkness. You might seem like an ordinary kid but Destiny has a grand role for you kid.” The voice muttered.

“I have to fight more of those?!” Sora gasped, his heart was still pounding from his chest. Sora heard a small hum, picking himself up, ready to find anything for progress. He didn’t know what to make on the voice’s comment on Destiny.

His’s efforts would be rewarded spotting , a long, wide wooden door, a large wooden box, and a treasure chest. The spiky haired youth started to wonder why these items came out of nowhere, however the thought of treasure derailed that thought and brought him running to the chest.

He opened it, finding a bottle with a green liquid. Sora recognized instantly as a potion and pocketed it for safe keeping. Hoping he’d find another potion, he bashed in the crate. He didn’t find a potion, but small green orbs. He touched one and all of them seemed to merge into his body, regenerating it and healing all his wounds from the start of his first fight.

Having nothing else to do in the room, Sora turned to the massive door and slowly opened the wooden doors, hoping ot have something behind it.

The horned teenager regretted it, his eyes suddenly blinded by a white light. Thankfully his sight returned. They were rewarded by a familiar sense. Sora looked around to find the all too familiar azure blue sky. The salty sea making waves across the white sandy beaches, covered by tail green palm trees. He stepped not on glass floors but wooden planks that made of the large structure of the play island. Sora had never been so happy to see something so mundane. He spotted familiar faces too.

Sora walked over to a wavy haired blond boy around his ages. He had tanner skin, a darker shade of blue. The boy wore a yellow shirt with blue sleeves, and long dark pants. Like Sora he too had a necklace carrying a rather edgy, jagged heart or V shaped symbol. He was lazily dangling his saddle covered feet while holding onto a long red pole.

“Hey Tidus, I’m really glad to see you.”Sora admitted with a laugh.

“What are you afraid of?” Tidus asked in an oddly cryptic manner.

“Huh?” Sora asked unsure of what to say since this wasn’t like Tidus at all to ask him such a random personal question. Sure they were friends but not that close.

“What are you afraid of?” Tidus repeated.

Sora guessed this dream Tidus wouldn’t stop asking till he got an answer, so he thought about it long and hard.

“Getting older?” Sora said with a weak laugh. Tidus raised an eyebrow frowning at Sora’s disingenuous answer.

Sora frowned, and thought back to something deep in his heart. The mental image of himself as a toddler, hugging his knees crying all alone.

“I’m…I’m afraid of losing everyone I care about.” Sora admits sadly.

Tidus then placed at hand over Sora’s shoulder with a grin.

“Well cheer up, at least you had the guts to admit it.” He said before vanishing in front of Sora’s eyes in a haze of gleaming fireflies.

Sora’s stepped back a little, eyes wide as dinner plates.

“What?” Sora yelped baffled.

Sora ran from the spot to quickly find another face. Tidus’s best friend on the islands Wakka. Wakka sat on a barrel. A taller, older more well-built ginger haired boy, decked out with a headband, baggy pants, and a simple yellow top. He was bouncing his Blitz ball across a nearby wall, hitting it back.

“Wakka, Wakka, Tidus….Tidus just blew up!” Sora said in a panic trying to get his attention.

Wakka turned his head away from the ball and smiled.

“What do you want out of life?” Wakka asked.

Sora stood mouth agape.

“What do I want out of-Wakka did you not hear me?! Tidus just blew up!” Sora shouted in confusion.

“What do you want out of life?” Wakka repeated.

The gears in Sora’s head started to turn. This wasn’t the real Wakka, the one he was talking to didn’t have his accent. That wasn’t the real Tidus, this was still his weird dream world.

“I guess I want to travel to cool places with my friends and learn a whole bunch of stuff. Broaden my horizons I guess.” Sora admits.

“Good luck Brdua.” The Dream Wakka cheered before vanishing in the same way as Tidus had.

“Now you have your accent?” Sora asked out loud.

Sora then walked to the last person he could find. Selphie. Selphie was a bubbly mouse brown haired girl. Her hair style always reminded Sora of one of Kairi’s old dolls. The green-eyed girl dressed in a long yellow dress with two overall straps on the top. She sat down near a shady palm tree.

“Hey Dream Selphie, got a question for me?” Sora asked in a joking manner, knowing she most likely would. Things came in threes, right?

“What’s most important to you?” Selphie asked.

“Oh that’s a no brainer. My friends!” Sora said proudly.

Selphie listened to Sora’s response to her question, got up from her spot and gently gave Sora a peck on the cheek. Sora in turn felt his face turn a shade of red.

“Aw your sweet.’ The girl gushed before vanishing like her fellow dream counter parts.

Sora took another step, feeling something, he just couldn’t quite put into words. His paradise home started to blur and suddenly the boy returned to the black empty void and stain glass windows floors. Feeling like he had gotten whiplash from the scenery change, the boy looked for anything that would get him out of this realm.

Someone upstairs must have liked Sora because the boy witnessed a stair case leading up to a beautiful tower appear. Having nowhere else to go, Sora got one foot in front of the other and got climbing. Shadows would emerge from nowhere. Sora in response would pull out his key and attack. As he went up, he struck them down with greater ease then his last fight. In fact, Sora felt like he was getting stronger somehow.

“So, you want to broaden your horizons, you value your friends most of all, you fear losing everyone you love. Kind of reminds me of myself at your age.”

“Okay Who…are you?” Sora asked the voice how had been chatting with him.

“Well…that’s tough to say. Trust me, when I say that I’m a friend. It’s in my best interest to keep you alive and informed.” Sora’s new friend explained as Sora ran towards a large tower in the dark.

“Keep me alive from what? I can handle those shadow guys now.” Sora asked as he finally made it to the top, he turned around to strike at another shadow back into the void.

“Well….that for starters.” The voice said bluntly, making Sora feel like his shoulder was being tapped on. The boy on instinct turned to see what the voice was talking about.

The boy felt a tremoring feeling, as if the tower was shaking, What arose from nothing left Sora in a state of terror as a pair of black, long claw like nails lifted a hulking bat bone winged humanoid looking monster. It’s eerie glowing yellow eyes targeted the lone horned boy. He didn’t know what was creepier the heart shaped hole in it’s chest or that just looking at the dark giant gave him this feeling of dread and death.

“How can I beat this thing?” Sora asked with his heart racing and his mind panicked.

Before Sora could get an answer, the beast let out a scream before pounding at the top of the tower with one of it’s fists. Sora got out of the way by bare minimum he would still feel ratted and disoriented by the shock waves.

The boy swore if he survived this he’d never step on another bug for as long as he lived. The second fist added to his anxiety, as he dodged and ran for dear life trying to not become a smeer on this thing’s hand.

“Sora, listen to me, use your key to attack it’s hands, and then try to get on it’s arms to attack it’s face. You can do this.” The voice encouraged.

Sora dodged another hammer dropped fist, jumped to avoid the shock wave and finally land the first strike against his tormentor. One strike lead to two, and then three. In response the beast screamed in pain. Taking it’s hands off the glass floor, Sora gave it a cheeky grin.

“Want some more?” Sora taunted. The yellow eyes narrowed in response making Sora nervous. The shadow goliath gave off another punch, only this time it hit harder, and somehow spewed out a dark swirling vortex. Sora had managed to get caught in it’s current. Greeting the spiky haired youth were multiple shadows. Wave after wave dog piled onto him, trying to metaphorically drown Sora in body weight or in painful swipes and slashes. Still Sora pressed on, countering their attacks with his own. He hacked and bashed away dwindling their numbers and attacking the clenched fist.

Sora felt himself blindsided by an unknown attack. feeling pain all over, he was sent flying across the tower his key rattling on the floor. The monster arched it’s back, firing a purple orb of energy from it’s chest. The Orb burst mid air firing off multiple shots of energy, all targeted onto the horned teen. Sora felt the first three shots like harpoons had gone into his body. Still he had to get his weapon back. He ran to his key, picked it up, He used it to help him block the rest of the assault.

Sora quickly grabbed the potion from his pockets and drank it. The green liquid tasted like lime going down but Sora was thankful for the healing and for that awful ringing to be out of his ears.

Another fist came in, but out of instinct Sora somehow managed to block and parry the attack back with his key, sending the creature stumbling backwards. The curled dreadlock haired monster arched it’s back again to fire off another energy attack. Sora felt something strange happen next. Sora focused on the energy attack, his free hand reaching outward to it.

“That’s it Sora, just reach. Feel for it, you have the means for Mana, now use it!” The voice encouraged.

Sora thought of making the massive ball of dark energy explode, blowing up in the monster’s face. When it was sent to bring doom to the key warrior, the monster blinked as it stayed in place. Sora focused hard on the attack, as if he were trying to push it back. The attack had it’s gravity changed ramming into it’s creator, exploding on contact, sending the beast stumbling backwards.

“Yes!” Sora cheered.

His celebration was short lived at it came back, grabbing a hold of the boy with one hand. Sora got a close look at the face of his attacker. The eyes no longer yellow but a glowing red. In fact Sora could see red pulsing veins all over it’s body now. The boy cried out in pain, feeling himself being crushed in this thing’s tightening grasp.

“Help!” Sora gasped to the Voice or to whatever God or benevolent spirt would listen. His prayer would be answered by his silver crown necklace started to glow a bright light. The glow seemed to have caused the monster some pain, as a what looked like a pink furred fox came out of nowhere. It ran to the head and face of the monster.

“Flare!” The fox screamed in a feminine voice. Before Sora could say anything a bomb of light exploded into the dark titan’s face. Sora couldn’t keep track of where his furry savoir had gone since he had been sent flying back to the side of the tower. His key jammed into one of the side’s leaving Sora to dangle over the edge.

Rather than think about the possible bottomless abyss Sora’s eyes were met with his attacker. A hand about to grab him again. The kid had an idea and he really hoped it worked. He yanked his key out of the side and landed onto the demon’s arm. The fist was currently jammed where Sora had been. Sora ran hacking and bashing till he got up to his shoulder.

The monster tried to shake him off, but the tiny pink fox clung onto other arm. Forcing to flail and try to shake off the little beast. Sora got very up close and personal, bashing and whacking away at the exposed face. Sora didn’t stop. He wouldn’t stop. Not till this nightmare was dead.

“Sora help!” Sora heard the fox cry out, as it was being surrounded by shadows. Out numbered it was being overwhelmed by the little terrors.

“LEAVE HER ALONE!” Sora and the Voice screamed in union. Sora’s free hand suddenly shot out a stream of blue lighting from his finger tips. Zapping the minions, freeing the fuzzy little friend from their assault and sending pain across the monster’s large body. It screamed in agony. Sora suddenly felt everything slow down. A bright light came from the monster He felt himself landing onto the tower, the shadowy beast seemed to be dissolving into dark bubbles with the light growing stronger.

“You beat the Darkside, good job. I knew you could do it again Sora. I’ll see you later.” The fox mumbled, vanishing into a burst of light.

Sora gave a satisfied smile. He did it, he beat the monster, this Darkside…then why was everything going black? Why was he sinking in blackness.

Sora was doing everything he could to shake off the feeling of the black void surrounding him. His heart it beat four times at fast. He couldn’t see, he couldn’t breathe. An image of his two best friends came into his mind thinking he had seen a light.

A silver haired boy with blue eyes a tad older than him. A sleeveless yellow and blue top with matching blue pants. He held out his gloved hands out with a worried face, like he was trying to drag him out of a whirlpool.

“Sora!” He cried out.

“Riku!”

An image of a beautiful girl with short red hair and pruple eyes. Donned in black and white top with a purple skirt held with a belt by her waist she had the same worried look trying to reach for him. As if he was drowning.

“Sora!”

“Kairi!”

A final image of a green haired woman cladded in a red dress with a pink sash Her eyes a mystic smoky pink, and warm. She held onto the young teenager, stroking his hair, and putting her hands gently over his horns while wrapping him in a warm hug.

“Stand tall my Sora.” She whispered.

“Mom.”

“Remember Sora, you will be the one to open the door. You will be the one to set things right. You were once me, and I will be you.” The voice said as Sora started to pass out, gazing at the bright light trying to desperately to grab it. For a life line, anything.

“And remember, you are not alone. And your true strength will come from your heart.”

End of Chapter.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Chapter 2: Destiny

The feeling of soft sand on his fingertips. The sound of the nearby waves, the cry of the birds. Sora woke to find nothing but sunny blue sky. He gave a tired yawn, about to lay his head back down onto the sand only to find his view of the beach blocked by a very familiar scent strawberry red hair, and beautiful blue eyes.

“Boo!”

“Ahh!” Sora cried out in surprise as he jumped from his sleeping spot. The girl in question was laughing.

“Gimme a break Kairi.” Sora muttered.

Kairi still giggling, put her hands on her hips. The fourteen year old girl put her hands over her hips. Sora could see she was wearing her usual attire of a white top, a purple skirt to match her shoes, while her necklace dangled.

“Sora, you lazy bum! I knew I’d find you snoozing down here.” Kairi teased in a friendly manner while poking at his chest. Sora could only laugh sheepishly while rubbing at the back of his head.

“Kairi I..I had no idea what was going on! I got swallowed by this black thing, and I met a talking fox, and this voice was in my head and Tidus blew up-“ Sora rambled before Kairi dunked a bucket of water on Sora’s head.

“Hey!” Sora yelped.

“ Destiny Islands to Sora, you still with us? Or are you still dreaming?” Kairi teased while rolling her eyes.

“It…It wasn’t a dream…or…maybe it was. I dunno.” Sora grumbled while shaking his head.

Kairi simply walked over to the shore staring out into the sea.

“Hey, Kairi do you miss your old hometown. The one where you grew up?” Sora asked casually

Sora couldn’t see the frown on her face.

“Well I’ve told you and Riku that I don’t remember anything about it. I mean, I’d like to see it. That’s why we’re making the raft after all.” Kairi started to say.

“But I’m happy here. With you, Riku, Selphie, Mom, Dad, Lord Braska, everyone! I mean we’ll have all summer to explore for other worlds.” Kairi said turning around, her eyes shinning.

“Yeah I’d love to see your hometown too and any other world out there. I wanna see them all!” Sora cheered.

“Still it is hot. Maybe we could get a blanket and take a nap under the shade.” Kairi offered.

“Well…like you said we have the whole summer. I don’t think Riku would mind if we slack off for a little bit.” Sora agreed with Kairi . Then another set of shoe print were made in the sand.

“So there you two are! It seems like I’m the only one who’s actually working!”

Sora and Kairi turned around finding their slightly older friend. A tall, grey silver haired boy wearing a sleeveless yellow and black vest, blue parashot pants and long yellow and blue shoes. The greenish blue-eyed youth dropped a fairly heavy log on top of Sora, making him gasp as he tries to get it off himself while Riku walked over to Kairi.

“And you, your just as lazy as he is.” Riku playfully accuses.

Kairi simply giggled smiling.

“ Hehe, oh so you’ve noticed.” The Red head teased while Sora got the log off of him.

“Okay we’ll finish it together! Come on I’ll race you!” Kairi chirped with a laugh as she started to off across the beach.

Sora and Riku took off like rocket, making the sand shift in their tracks. Sora and Riku ran neck and neck. Kairi fell a little behind, still she laughed all the same. All three of them laughed as they ran. The trio of best friends, unaware of what fate would have in store for them. Of what fate had in store for all of them.

Sora suddenly stopped in his tracks. His horns started to give off a blue sparking glow. His body felt compelled to get whatever was underneath the spot. Riku and Kairi didn’t notice until the two turned around, hearing digging.

“Sora?” Kairi asked as the spiky haired teen’s dug, faster, creating a hole into the sand.

“What are you doing man?” Riku asked before Sora pulled out what looked like a black chest covered in rust.

Both Riku and Kairi’s eyes went wide as Sora tried to drag it out.

“That’s a treasure chest, an actual treasure chest!” Kairi cried out utterly giddily.

“How…How did you know that would be there?” Riku asked bewildered.

“I didn’t.” Sora admits, panting. Riku and Kairi got down to grab a hold of Sora and helped him yank out the chest. With some grunting and pushing, their newly discovered prize to the surface.

Sora touched the sand-soaked metal top, and it suddenly popped off, leaving the hidden goods out bare. The trio looked inward to see what it could possibly be. When they were younger, they had always wanted to find pirate gold.

Sora, Riku and Kairi all gave a look of confusion. None of them saw any gold, silver or jewels. However, they did a few strange objects. Kairi picked up a tattered leather-bound book with an unfamiliar symbol on the cover.

She opened the cover, gazing at language that matched the symbol. However, Kairi, couldn’t understand any of it. She did like the pictures of keys, lavishly built looking flying ships, black bug looking monsters, a giant heart, drawn inside of a world. The red head noticed Sora, and Riku were actually trying to read over her shoulder.

“Man what is that lame gibberish? Leave it to Sora to find a dud treasure chest” Riku dismissed, along with teasing his oldest friend before returning to the chest. Sora blew a raspberry in retaliation.

Kairi turned another page and a golden ring with a purple gem embedded into it dropped into the sand. She happily picked it up, and put it on her ring finger.

“What do you think Sora?” Kairi asked, she wasn’t fully aware of the goofy smile her best friend had on his face while looking at her.
“Oh I think you look pretty-I mean it looks pretty on you.” Sora blabbed as his brain was currently not working. He wasn’t sure why but he would blush and act like an idiot or even stare at her like she was the most interesting thing in the world.

Sora’s train of thought was interrupted as he and Kairi both heard a loud bang, making the two jump. They turned to find Riku giving the two a surprised look before quickly turning his alarm into a wide smirk as he held a smoking black pistol. A few feet away, a smoking mark in the sand gave signs of Riku pulling the trigger.

“ Okay this is cool, I’m keeping this!” Riku stated with a grin.

“Riku no! That thing is clearly dangerous! Throw that in the sea!” Kairi protested

“I’m keeping this…In case we need to protect ourselves from anything like sharks. I’m the oldest and I can’t let anything happen to ether of you. ” Riku justified if a bit shaken.

“Ugg, fine just…be careful where you point that thing, and make sure you can aim.” Kairi told him. Sora nodded in agreement.

The Spiky haired teen’s twin horns gave off another jolting spark. He pulled out one more object from the chest. Sora pulled out a mask. The mask was colored a reddish rust like chrome. It was shaped like a stretched out arrow pointing downward with a very thin slot for the eyes near the top. For some reason. Sora felt drawn to this the mask, his two beating hearts had this strange feeling, as if this had been his before. He was going to put it on, and yet…Sora couldn’t quite get a thought out of his head.

‘Not yet, it’s not the right time.’

“Alright, lets get to working on the raft.” Riku interrupted Sora’s bizarre train of thoughts. Sora got up and put the mask away into one of his very deep pockets, and carried the book, running along with Riku, and Kairi not too far behind.

The trio made past the shoreline, and to their developing clutter of wood bound by knots of rope. The boys had set the raft near a large wooden playhouse they had dubbed Kairi’s house. Since she was the one to use it most, hiding away their stuff and packaged lunches and snacks. It was in between the bridge connecting to a smaller circular island, and the nearby waterfall. Kairi’s house did also have a back door leading to the rest of the island.

“Okay while I work on the sail, Sora you can fetch us three more logs, some rope, and a large cloth.” Kairi requested as the spiky haired boy got up, placing the book onto the raft.

“Okay.” Sora agreed. As he got up Riku walked toward the smaller island.
“And what are you going to be doing while Kairi and I are working?” Sora asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Oh I’ll be ya know, supervising. Making sure nether of you slack off or goof off. It’s only a job that someone as mature as myself can do.” Riku shrugged.

“Ahuh.” Both Sora and Kairi muttered. Neither of them were buying it.

Still Kairi got to work on the sail while Sora stomped off on the beach to get the supplies. The spiky haired lad remembered seeing an cloth big enough for their needs. He dashed past Wakka, who was using one of the walls to bounce off a Blitzball, in trying to copy a move Tidus had shown him. Wakka had fallen flat on his face, his Blitzball landing right onto his head. Sora laughed, while Selphie who was sitting by the docks gave out a loud giggle at the ginger boy’s misfortune. Sora run up a small stairway that led to a shade covered latter up a hollowed-out tree house. Once he got inside, Sora found the long white cloth hanging. He quickly grabbed it.

“You might want to take a look at your new book. Learn something new just in case.” Sora heard a voice. The same voice he had heard from his strange dream!

“What the!?” Sora yelled turning around to find himself utterly alone.

Sora looked outward to see if an adult had gotten to the island, but it was just as he left it. Sora scratched his head in confusion at where that voice was coming from. Sora gulped thinking for a second that he was ether going crazy or the island had ghost. Sora shook his head and ran to find the other supplies they would need to finish the raft.

Sora turned right to find Tidus, alone, striking the rock with his red pole.

“Hey Tidus do you see any rope anywhere?” Sora asked.

Tidus’s lost his focus and his gripe, the pole hit the rock, flew out of his hand and somehow managed to land and stick right into one of Sora’s horns.

“Well good thing you can’t feel that huh?” The voice in Sora’s head snarked

“Oh shoot! I’m sorry Sora!” Tidus gasped as he pulled out his pull, looking at the two newly made holes, making Sora chuckle sheepishly.

“Eh it’s fine, do you see any rope we can use?” Sora asked while rubbing the back of his head.

Tidus nodded his head as he pointed to a barrel with a long coil of rope.

“Man, you Riku and Kairi are crazy for out for trying to leave the islands There’s nothing out there but…” Tidus started said before his dismissal was stopped in mid thought.

“Tidus?”

“Huh? Oh, sorry Sora, I didn’t get much sleep last night.” Tidus admits.

“Nightmare about that killer whale again?” Sora asked.

“NO!” Tidus snapped, Sora winced in reaction

“Ugh sorry, maybe a little fight will wake me up.” Tidus offered, allowing Sora to grin a little.

“I’d love too, but later I gotta get this done, and then knock Riku off a peg.” Sora proclaimed as he put the rope into one of his deep pockets.

“Good luck Sora, no one can beat Riku!” Tidus said with a laugh.

Sora walked over to Selphie who was sitting on a log near the island’s dock. She seemed to be lost in thought or day dreaming.

“Hey Selphie could I barrow that log your sitting on?” Sora asked causing the girl to fall out of her dream state.
“Huh, oh hey Sora, I was thinking about the legend of the Poapu Fruit.” Selphie murmured with a daydream like tone.

“The star fruits, what about them?” Sora asked while tilting his head.

“ Oh come on you know Sora, about the legend! About how if you share one with someone you love you’ll be together forever. Oh it’s so romantic” Selphie sighed.

Sora couldn’t help but bring his thoughts to a certain spunky red headed girl they were friends with. The thought of Kairi’s sparkling eyes and radiant face. The thought of the two of them holding onto the star shaped fruit together, holding onto one another in a rather intimate embrace, made Sora’s two hearts beat like drums, and his face flush red.

“Oh I know who you’re thinking of sharing the fruit with.” Selphie said in a teasing tone.

“W-What, ya do?” Sora asked, wondering if he had been that obvious. How could she figure out that he liked Kairi? Sora had always Kairi, but more then like. The other L word.

“You wanna share the Poapu fruit with Riku don’t you. Well that’s fine by me, that means I get Kairi all to myself!” The brown haired islander laughed.

“WHAT??!” Sora yelled. His fantasy turned from Kairi to Riku, and he felt nothing but utter disgust. He shivered at the thought.

“No way is it Riku! Never in a million years!” Sora stated flat out. Riku was his best friend, like his brother even, but that didn’t mean he was interested in him like that.

“Well, it can’t be Kairi, she’s too sweet and pure to be wasted on a boy!” Selphie argued.

“Says you!” Sora snapped.

“Oh so you do like her Horn Head!?” The girl accused giving him a teasing little smirk.

Sora mumbled looking flustered. He quickly took the log.

“I don’t have time for this, we’ve got a raft to work on.” Sora grumbled before he walked away, hearing Selphie laugh her head off, she laughed so hard that she threw herself off balance and hit her head on the wooden dock.

Sora walked off in a huff, unaware that his horns were starting to spark up. He just needed the cloth, to give to Kairi so he and Kairi could finish the raft. Then it would be goodbye Home, and off to another world or at least some form of adventure. Well as long as he was with his best friends Sora felt like he could be anywhere.
“Why don’t you try reading that book whenever you have the time. You might learn something very interesting.” A voice spoke up spooking Sora. He turned around looking to figure our where the voice had come from, and why it sounded so familiar to him. Could it had been the same voice from his dream? Was Sora going crazy?

“I can assure you that you’re not going crazy. Granted Normalcy is going to be out of your grasp. I’ve got a word or warning for you. In two days, your islands will be destroyed. Everyone here will be swallowed by Darkness. Whenever you get the chance, I would hope you study the book at night at least. It will give you means of protecting yourself and those you hold dear.” The voice instructed causing both of Sora’s two hearts to skip a beat.

“What are you talking about?” Sora whispered not believing what he was hearing. His islands gone in two days? Swallowed by Darkness? What?!

Sora quickly shook his head, keeping his body busy by climbing up the latter, ran past Tidus and gone off into the makeshift tree house and quickly yanked the cloth, that they could use for the sail.

“Look I know this is sounding very scary, but you’ve already proven yourself. You faced off against those Shadows and even bested the Darkside…with a bit of help, but still.” The voice went on, causing Sora to turn around to find anyone, and then he felt struck by lightning, his mind playing flashes of him facing off against those shadowy big like creatures, and that haunting colossus.

“That…that was just a dream. It wasn’t real…was it?” Sora asked not wanting to even think of those things coming onto his island.

“It was a dream alright, but that doesn’t make it any less real.” The voice said playfully, making Sora’s spine tingle, running toward Riku. He needed to distract himself from this crazy voice. Walking past the bridge leading to the smaller island, he found Riku resting comfortably on a nearby tree.

“Hey Sora, slacking off again?” Riku ribbed good naturedly, making Sora roll his eyes.

“Ha ha, Riku. I got everything for the raft actually.” Sora stated proudly, making his silver haired friend raise an eyebrow in surprise as he got off the tree.

“Well, good. I’m glad your finally taking this seriously.” Riku told him with an exited grin on his face.

“With this raft, we’ll finally be able to go to other worlds! Finally leave these stupid islands. Go on adventures just like we always said we would as kids.” Riku said with a bit of giddiness in his voice.

Sora couldn’t help but smile, Riku had always talked about wanting to explore other worlds…even if it meant at the cost of talking bad about their home. Sora suddenly got an idea, and he knew this time he’d be able to settle the score

“Hey Riku, since we got time, why don’t we have a little spar match?” Sora offered, as Riku gave him a well-worn cocky smirk.

“Oh, you wanna go a round? Aren’t you getting tired of me beating you all the time?” Riku asked with a teasing tone of voice.

“Hey I’ve beaten you before!” Sora augured as Riku put him in a headlock and gave Sora a noggie, making Sora laugh a little.

“Hey come on, knock it off! I can take you on any day of the week, heck, I can take you, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie all at the same time!” Sora boasted with a laugh as Riku let him go, raising an eyebrow at his best friend’s declaration.

“Oh, is that right? Alright your on.” Riku agreed.

Sora found himself back on the main play island smack dab in the diamond that made Riku with his similar wooden sword, Wakka, who was bouncing his beach ball onto his own knee. Selphie, whipped out her jump rope trying to intimidate Sora with a toothy grin, and Tidus gave a cocky grin as he twirled his long red pole around.

“Show me ya stuff mon!” Wakka taunted before throwing his ball downward at the sand, Sora dived and dodged out of the way, trying to not only got out of Wakka’s range, but get out of Selphe’s widening radius of jump rope lashings. Sora’s eyes widened as Tidus’s flipped ramming his rod hard into the ground with a loud smack. If Sora hadn’t blocked the strike with his own wooden sword, the fight might have been short. Sora quickly shoved Tidus into Wakka’s ball, making it bounce onto the sandy blonde’s head. Sora ducked one of Sephile’s lashes, but she was backing him into the water, the out of bounds area. Sora was losing ground and needed to find an opening.

“Stay calm, find a means of distracting her.” The voice instructed calmly. Sora then thought of something, the moment he saw Riku ready at the charge.

“Oh wow look dolphins!” Sora cried out pointing out at something random direction.

“ Come on Sora that’s the oldest trick in the book!” Riku thought, not thinking that anyone was going to fall for it as he made his charge.

“Dolphins where?” Selphie cried out happily, whacking her rope downward and sending Riku tumbling into the sand. Sora leaped off of his best friend and landed a flary of attacks against the brunette girl. He would have gone in for more, but Sora felt a hard whack as he was hit to the side from Wakka’s Blitz ball. The spiky haired boy felt something from the ground, so he quickly dodged out of the way. Just in time, as Riku harshly kicked Selphie and sent her flying into the water.

“Sorry Selphie !” Sora called out as he was blocked a timed hit from Riku’s wooden sword.

“Hmm, not bad, you’ve got some potential outside of your dreams it seems.” The voice mused before Riku slammed into Sora’s head with a head butt.

“Not as sorry as your going to be!” Riku growled competitively as he spat out some sand out of his mouth.

Kairi looked up as she finished her first charm. The red head looked overjoyed at the sight of her star shaped craft. She even got drew her hair, her face, and her clothes. Granted it was childishly done in crayon, but Kairi could always paint it later. It would bring them all good luck on the adventures to come. Kairi realized something, where was Sora with all the things she needed? And where was Riku?

Kairi turned her head around to hear a commotion coming further north to the island. She spotted her two best friends, and their other friends, all duking it out in a play fight. Kairi rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“Those two block heads! Riku calls me and Sora lazy bums, but look at him!” Kairi muttered to herself. The pure hearted girl did spot that Sora did have uneven odds stacked against him. Kairi found a two sided oar, and picked it up. With a giggle she picked up the oar, and left to go add to the fun.

Sora had finally managed to beat Wakka down, granted The voice in Sora’s head was giving him tips on when to dodge and counter hit Wakka’s ball throws back at him. So now it was it was just down to Riku and Tidus. Sora had to admit, while this was fun he was getting pretty winded. Sora whacked Tidus across the face, causing the blitz ball ace to cry out in pain, tears dropping onto the sand, the boy’s pole dropping to the floor as he held onto his eyes. Sora did actually feel bad.

“Walk it off Tidus, unless you want to prove Sora right that you’re a cry baby!” Riku snarled impatiently, and unsympathetic to his friend’s pain. Riku wanted to win and he was going to win. As far as he was considered Sora shouldn’t even be standing. It was everyone else’s fault for dragging him down and screwing up.

“Riku!” Sora snapped in disbelief as he went to go and give his friend a hand.

“Tidus’s I’m so So-GAH!” Sora gasped as he felt the wind knocked out of him. Tidus in blind rage had rammed his knee into Sora’s stomach, making the horned boy cough up spit.

“OH SWEET KINGDOM HEARTS I ACTUALLY FELT THAT!!” The voice screamed making a coughing up sound, that made Sora feel even worse.

Tidus kicked Sora hard into a tree. Riku’s satisfied smirk turned to worry as his best friend slammed, with a hard thud. Tidus grabbed Wakka’s ball and punched it, blind sighting Sora as it whacked him across the head. Before Riku could do anything, Tidus repeated the process about four times. Sora could have sworn he heard a loud, blaring, ringing going off as his head took a pounding, as the last one hit his stomach and flew upward.

Matching the ball’s trajectory, Tidus, leaped into the air, spinning, giving everyone a familiar sight. Wakka’s now opened and the size of dinner plates and Selphie covered her mouth, in awe. Riku was actually impressed that Tidus was about to do his dad’s legendary Blitz ball move, the Jehet Shot. Tidus kicked the ball. Sora thought he’d be out cold, but in the blink of an eye the ball made contact with a oar, Kairi’s oar. She had managed to hit the ball back, hard enough to whack Tidus across the face, dropping him back into the sand with a thud.

Kairi gave out her hand and Sora quickly grabbed it pulling himself up.

“You alright Sora?” Kairi asked, clearly worried about the large bumps on his head.

“I am now.” Sora admits, smiling at Kairi who handed him a potion. Riku took a breath of relief before he remembered that they were still in the middle of a fight.

“Hey! You can’t have extra help! That’s cheating!” Riku protested, pointing his index finger in objection.

“Never said he couldn’t have help before.” Kairi said cheekily throwing a water balloon, smacking Riku dab in the face, making him panic, dropping his wooden sword.

Sora chugged the potion, and sprinted to land a couple of hard whacks to Riku, Tidus tried to get up, but Kairi lunged. The ginger held the sandy blond down, Selphine pouted wishing that were her. Riku was now starting to tire out, swinging wildly trying to deflect Sora’s own swings.

Sora was about to finish Riku off at last, but Riku finally opened his eyes and countered and countered back hard. Kairi got off Tidus to help Sora. Riku grunted in annoyance and surprise as Kairi whacked him on the back with her oar.

“Give up Riku?” Kairi asked, while looking a bit tired, and sounding like she was out of breath.

“Not a chance!” Riku declared, not willing to lose his winning streak just yet, Riku tried to whack them both. Sora parried the blow, exposing him to Kairi giving him another good whack. Riku coughed before dashing off. Sora ran to give chase; Kairi was doing her best to keep up but stopped to catch her breath. Sora and Riku, locked swords, both grinning as they kept on going neck and neck.

Their sprint brought them towards the second little play island where the whole thing had started off. Sora pushed Riku, hoping to get an advantage, and for a split second he had somehow managed to shove Riku down to the ground, as if gravity were forcing him to stay that way. Whatever Sora had done, was causing him to suddenly feel very tired. The strange hold over Riku allowed him to push Sora into the water with a hard kick, allowing him to claim victory.

“OH COME ON!” Sora yelled as he came up from the water, clearly frustrated with his loss.

“Sorry Sora, but I’m still the best, and nothing is going to change that any time soon.” Riku said cockily, masking how worn out he was.

“Hey, you did pretty good until you screwed it all up.” The voice in Sora’s head came back.

“Why didn’t you warn me, you had been warning me about all that other stuff?” Sora thought to himself.

“I thought you could handle it.” The voice said simply, Sora getting a mental image of whoever it was shrugging their shoulders.

Seeing their best friend was sinking deeper into the water, Kairi and Riku threw him a raft and pulled him back to the shore. Riku couldn’t help but wonder what kept him in place. It was like magic. Riku quickly shut down that thought. There was no such thing as magic. Magic belonged in fairytales, and he was far too old to be entertaining that kind of nonsense.

Meanwhile in a world quite far away from tiny set of peaceful islands, stood for the Mighty Magical Kingdom of Disney. For ages Disney Castle stood strong as symbol of peace and security for the once small black and white port town the toons of the world called home.

Walking or waddling past the halls covered in paintings of Queen Minnie Mouse’s ancestors, the Royal Family’s Court Mage Sir Donald Duck whistled a tune as he walked past the enchanted broom sticks, who were carrying buckets of water to get ready for the castle’s daily cleaning, Dressed in his blue pointed hat, and dark blue mage robes. Donald knocked on the large doors that lead to the throne room, the two massive doors simply let two small doors at the bottom open up. Donald always got a kick out of the tourist’s jaws drop.

“Good morning you majesty!” Donald greeted to his long time friend and king. He passed the picture showing himself, King Mickey, Mickey’s older brother Oswald, and their friend Goofy back during their Musketeer days before Mickey courted his beloved wife Queen Minnie.

“It’s good to see you this morning…” Donald quaked before he opened his eyes to find that the massive, long hallway leading to the large and impressive throne, was empty. Not a king to be seen.

“WHHHAAAATTT?!!” Donald squawked bolting to try and find something from the King. He told him that he needed to show him something important. As Donald made it to the throne, it wasn’t as empty as he once thought. No matching the yellow and golden cushioning laid sleeping on the seat of the throne, King Mickey’s ever loveable and faithful dog Pluto.

“Pluto?” Donald asked, the dog wagged his tail at the sight of the familiar face, and dropped a letter out of his mouth. Donald took a look at the letter. It had the Royal Seal of the House of Mouse on it, this had to be from the King himself.

Donald cracked the seal and opened the letter. The duck’s eyes rapidly read the king’s hand writing, soaking up every bit of information. Donald kept at this until he could do what any sane duck would do in this situation: Flail out in a mad panic, screaming his head off like a mad man.

Donald ran past the all the way into the royal court yard, past the hedge maze. Donald found a dog toon with large spaced out buck teeth, wearing a mishmash of armor and a shield with the royal seal as it’s symbol. There be Captain Goofy of King Mickey’s royal guard, snoring loudly on the job.

“Goofy! Wake up, this is serous! We got a big problem!” Donald yelled, trying to awaken his long time friend.

Still Goofy continued to snore, as if the former musketeer and single father hadn’t a care in the world. In comparison to Donald who knew had cares aplenty. The thought of his family, at risk of danger, especially his three young nephews being dragged into the muck of this thanks to their thrill seeker of an uncle….why, why is just made the duck’s blood boil!

“WWWWAAAKKKK THUNDER!!” Donald screamed at the top of his lungs, bringing down lightning from the sky, blasting Goofy wide awake with a jolt. Donald gave a few quick huffs as Goofy rubbed his eyes and yawned.

“Good morning Donald.” Goofy said cheerfully.

“Goofy, we got a big problem! But it’s top secret, we can’t let anyone know!” Donald quaked.

“Queen Minnie?” Goofy asked.

“Not even the Queen!” Donald refused, she didn’t need to be worried over something like this.

“Lady Ortenisa?” Goofy asked once more.

“No! Not even her!” Donald denied once more before shoving the letter in Goofy’s face to have him read it.

“Daisy?” Goofy pondered. Now the thought of his beloved Daisy in any danger really set Donald off.

“NOOOOO!!!!” It’s top secret! They can’t know yet.” Donald squawked in annoyance.

“I think we should be the judge of that.” The two heard a sweet and familiar voice.

“Oh good morning ladies.” Goofy said happily with a wave. Donald froze a second before turning around. The duck turned around to find a short toon mouse with very similar perfectly round ears, donning a bright pink dress with white frills and gloves, red bows for decoration, and a golden tiara. Here stood before them Queen Minnie Mouse. She looked curious at to what was going on, while her two ladies in waiting and bodyguards. A black furred and white faced cat wearing light purple suit of armor with a matching battle skirt and combat boot, her cat tail grabbed onto a long Dragoon lance. Here stood the wife of Prince Oswald, the last line of defense for the house of Mouse and mother of four hundred and twenty of her husband’s rabbit children: Lady Ortensia, scowling at mage. And lastly, a toon duck woman that Donald both loved, and greatly feared, in a bright purple and good, stood Queen Minnie’s lady in waiting, Daisy Duck, and she was currently tapping her foot waiting for an explanation.

Donald could only laugh nervously, if he wanted to keep himself out of trouble.

Sunset kissed the sea back on Destiny Islands, Sora, Riku and Kairi sat on the lone tree, all worn out from the day of work, play and making up for the rough housing. The three of them were also chomping down on a watermelon that Kairi had gotten them all, as a reward for a job well done. Riku almost lost his cut had he not apologize to Tidus for triggering him to win a dumb contest. Everyone in the end, did make up, and they would play another day later.

“Man Kairi, this watermelon is even better then usual.” Sora gushed, before taking another bite. Riku nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I’m not a sweets guy, but thanks, this really hits the spot.” Riku admitted, making Kairi smile brightly.

“Your welcome, what can I say it’s a gift.” Kairi giggled modestly.

“So how far do you guys think a raft could take us?” Sora asked as they looked at the make shift raft the trio put the sweat and tears into.

“Who knows, but if we have to, we’ll just have to think of something else.” Riku muttered as he got up and started pacing the sand.

“But that’s why we’re doing this. To what’s out there ya know? It’s the same boring thing, day in and day out here. Like of all places, why did we have to end up on such a nothing island?” Riku ranted with curious questions.

Kairi frowned at Riku taking their home for granted, Riku could get bored but how he went on about it made her worry. She did think of something to change the subject before he really got ranting.

“So, if you could go to another world, what would you do there?” Kairi asked. She watched as the question stopped him in his tracks as he had to think about it.

“Huh, ya know, I’ve never really thought about it.” Riku admitted.

“What about you Sora?” Riku asked.

“I dunno.” Sora said plainly, not having really thought about anything aside from having fun with his friends. Sora could swear he heard something clapping sarcastically.

“Oh bless your little…hearts. Why do you have two hearts?” The voice in Sora’s head asked.

“Shut up!” Sora groaned in annoyance.

“What?” Both Kairi and Riku asked clearly confused at Sora’s outburst.

“Nothing, sorry guys that last fight really hurt my head.” Sora half lied as he started rubbing the sides where his horns started.

“Aww Sora. Don’t worry, I’ll help you feel better” Kairi cooed getting Sora another potion and began to dote on her friend. Sora was too flustered to say anything.

Riku couldn’t help but have a feeling of guilt, and envy at the attention Sora was getting from Kairi.

“Hey remember, no blabbing to our folks about this alright? We don’t need them getting in the way and saying no.” Riku reminded his took best friends.

Riku noticed that Sora and Kairi had guilty expressions on their faces and wouldn’t look him in the eye.

“You two told your parents didn’t you?” Riku deadpanned as Sora and Kairi gave guilty little smiles. The silver haired boy couldn’t help but face phalm at the two.

“I’m not good at lying, also my mom and dad said it was okay as long as I come back.” Kairi mumbled in her defense, while poking her two index fingers together. Kairi truly was the picture of innocence and honesty.

“Hehe, Sorry Riku, but Mom and me don’t really keep secrets from each other, and she said as long as I was with you two and came back, it would be fine.” Sora admits, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

Riku groaned, the whole point of going to other worlds was to not come back to these tiny little water prisons. You don’t escape from the jail and then come back to it. At least that was how Riku saw it anyways. He simply shrugged, as long as his wardens didn’t find out, what did it matter?The three continued to talk and hang out by the beach until it was time to for the trio to head for the boats and paddle their way back to the main island.
“Yo Sora, catch!” Riku called out, and Sora’s reflexes did allow him to catch the bright yellow star shaped fruit.

“A Poupu Fruit, Sora asked clearly confused. Yeah he had heard that they were good, but he didn’t get it.

“They say when two people eat the fruit together, their destinies become intertwined, they become a part of their lives forever. I know you wanna try it with Kairi.” Riku teased with a wink, causing Sora’s face to become as red as Kairi’s hair. Riku laughed even harder.

“Aw man, what’s with your face Horn Head? Oh does that mean you’ll let me take care of Kairi? Good of you to know the better man.” Riku laughed.

“Oh la la! Does Sora love sweet little Kairi! I must admit she’s quite a catch. Go after her before someone else does.” The voice in his head teased him, making Sora’s horns spark up.

“That does it!” Sora growled ready to give chase after his best.

“Ah Kairi, help, the demon is on a rampage!” Riku laughed
before being chased by Sora with his wooden sword. Kairi didn’t get jest of what was going on, but she felt like it would be best to break it up now.

That was until she felt an ill feeling tingle coming from her spine. Kairi turned around and found nothing. After a second of holding her breath she ran to catch up with her best boys and head home….but maybe Kairi would come to the temple. A visit with Lord Braska might put her mind at ease. The mayor’s daughter was unaware that they were all being watched by a figure in a heavy black coat.

“This world has been connected…tied to the Darkness. Perfect.” The hooded man mused with a rich, smooth base tone of voice.

Later that night Sora slept in his bed, his room cluttered full of clothes, wooden toys and figures, comic books, and the newly acquired treasures from the day. The mask, and the book placed on Sora’s night stand, as he tossed and turned in his sleep.

Sora found himself sitting upon a shinning white throne in a near pitch black room, the only light the boy could make out was a massive and tall, glowing crystal. The crystal itself gave off a heart beating sound and pulse. The dream took a turn for the worse as the throne room’s doors were kicked wide open. Knights seemed to surround Sora, opening fire with long poles that shot out metal balls. Whatever they were shooting at deflected their assault with spinning blades. This man, no the red and purple eyed monster, vanished out of Sora’s sight, only to reappear again slaughtering the knights, dropping them onto the floor, freezing them to the walls, crushing their armor, and that those were the ones Sora could make out, the floor became soaked in blood. Sora didn’t have time to react as this dark clothed man impaled him with a glowing red sword.

“Off my chair jester. The king sits there.” The terrifying man told him coldly, taking the throne for himself, tossing Sora aside. He let out a scream as his limp body shattered into crystal as he touched the floor, and seeing the bodies of a dead Riku and Kairi.

“Sora!” The boy heard something call out for him. Sora awoke in a panic, his bed soaked in sweat. Sora took a deep breath, trying to figure out where he was.

“It’s okay, your safe. Your friends are safe. It was just a nightmare, nothing more for now.” The voice in Sora’s head told him in a soothing tone of voice. One his mother, or Lord Braska would use to comfort him when he was little. Sora could have sworn someone was trying to give him a hug, but he was alone.

“Who….who are you? What’s going? Is any of this for real or not?” Sora asked.

The Voice said nothing for a few seconds.

“I suppose, you could call me a Past Life of some sorts. You were once me, and I will turn into you. Until the work that’s yet to come is finished, I’ll be acting as your guide.” The voice gave an explanation.
“A Past Life? No way…that’s impossible. …oh man I’ve ether been hit harder than I thought, or I really am going crazy.” Sora muttered.

The voice gave a little sigh.

“I know this won’t be of any comfort for you now, but as i told you before you’re as sane as your two little friends. Normal however went out the window, and I’m not talking about your horns. Still a hybrid is rare these days from what I’ve seen.”

Sora wasn’t sure he was buying this just yet.

“Okay, so what do I call you then Steve?” Sora asked with a little laugh. The voice seemed to laugh in turn.

“Hardly, I’ll ask you not to speak my name out loud until the time is right. And I also suggest if you don’t feel like going back to sleep, taking my advice and read the book you found….that is if you want to know how you started to use Gravity Magic, or the form, Force Push. ” The Voice requested more firmly.

Sora remembered how he held Riku in place, and….was that magic, like actual magic. Sora turned to his night stand, picked up the book and one of his flash lights. He didn’t need to bug his mom with the lights yet.

“Oh and you can call me Revan.” The voice introduced himself as Revan as Sora began to read what the illusive pages had on them.

End of Chapter.

Back