• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
That post was not advocating for the remakes being in KH, but since you bring it up... They would have more right to be in KH than Star Wars or PIXAR do, that's for sure.
Star Wars you have a point but at least Pixar is animated and therefore blends better with the rest of the Disney worlds

Edit: I know Pirates was an exception to this rule. But that was live action from the get go and not a remake banking on the nostalgia of the original

OrionGold

Awards
To be honest, I'd rather not have the live-action remakes appearing in Kingdom Hearts, especially if it means the possibility of Mulan (2022) making an appearance.

palizinhas

Awards
Disney is Disney, and using the Remakes in Quadratum is the only time it would make sense since it's the same characters and in most cases same story as worlds that already exist in the main reality.

At the very least I'm expecting Alice because there was a phase where Nomura mentioned that movie in like three interviews in a row.

Awards
i personally like sora's new design.
mainly because its a change and some things look interesting when they're changed.
also sora reminds me of dissidia kinda. don't know why though.1660831833173.png

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KH should be moving towards a nice balance of traditionally animated and CGI films.

To be brutally honest (and this probably why KH1 worked so well), a lot of the traditionally animated films' worlds and stories just worked better in KH. For example: Agrabah is a way more interesting world than Arendelle - and I'm talking about just what the films showed of those worlds. This is probably because traditional animation took advantage of the vibrant colours and the fact that it was animation, so there was no need to really stick to reality - while CGI tends to lean more towards maintaining realism.

I'm not against the CGI films or PIXAR being in KH, but I do feel like it is a HUGE missed opportunity to revisit worlds like Agrabah, Atlantica or The Pride Lands using the current technology.

Basically I want a nice mix of the old and new. Instead of moving away from older films, they should embrace them. I'm just worried that KH becomes the marketing machine for newer films to stay relevant and sell merchandise.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
KH should be moving towards a nice balance of traditionally animated and CGI films.

To be brutally honest (and this probably why KH1 worked so well), a lot of the traditionally animated films' worlds and stories just worked better in KH. For example: Agrabah is a way more interesting world than Arendelle - and I'm talking about just what the films showed of those worlds. This is probably because traditional animation took advantage of the vibrant colours and the fact that it was animation, so there was no need to really stick to reality - while CGI tends to lean more towards maintaining realism.

I'm not against the CGI films or PIXAR being in KH, but I do feel like it is a HUGE missed opportunity to revisit worlds like Agrabah, Atlantica or The Pride Lands using the current technology.

Basically I want a nice mix of the old and new. Instead of moving away from older films, they should embrace them. I'm just worried that KH becomes the marketing machine for newer films to stay relevant and sell merchandise.
That's probably what they are going to do. Focus more on the newer Disney/Pixar properties for that commercial reason. Plus it will help sell more to new fans who are more into the modern day Disney brand. Think of all the fans who bought KH3 because they saw Frozen, Tangled, Toy Story, Pirates, or Monsters Inc in the trailers. All well known Disney/Pixar IPs. Only one old world from the 90's was in KH3. Unless you count the 100 Acre Woods minigame a world.

It might not be what everyone wants. Trust me, I would love a Robin Hood and Great Mouse Detective world in a KH game, but from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to mainly shove the new Disney material into KH. I do hope they can find a balance.

palizinhas

Awards
I mean, KH has always focused on more recent stuff or iconic stuff. Older works that aren't super popular like Bambi or 101 Dalmatians got references and characters, but worlds? I think the only super niche worlds in KH are Tron in KH2 and Three Musketeers in DDD.

SuperNova

Awards
Realistically KH is going to continue focusing on attracting a modern audience with modern Disney/Pixar IPs. If anything we might be lucky to have one 2D based world at all.

Awards

so you do know!!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That's probably what they are going to do. Focus more on the newer Disney/Pixar properties for that commercial reason. Plus it will help sell more to new fans who are more into the modern day Disney brand. Think of all the fans who bought KH3 because they saw Frozen, Tangled, Toy Story, Pirates, or Monsters Inc in the trailers. All well known Disney/Pixar IPs. Only one old world from the 90's was in KH3. Unless you count the 100 Acre Woods minigame a world.

It might not be what everyone wants. Trust me, I would love a Robin Hood and Great Mouse Detective world in a KH game, but from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to mainly shove the new Disney material into KH. I do hope they can find a balance.
I mean, KH has always focused on more recent stuff or iconic stuff. Older works that aren't super popular like Bambi or 101 Dalmatians got references and characters, but worlds? I think the only super niche worlds in KH are Tron in KH2 and Three Musketeers in DDD.
Realistically KH is going to continue focusing on attracting a modern audience with modern Disney/Pixar IPs. If anything we might be lucky to have one 2D based world at all.
I loved seeing the modern films in KH3, but I was also very excited to see what could have been done with classic films like Aladdin or The Little Mermaid.

The reason why I think KH1 had the best world selection wasn't because the films were the most iconic, but because each world was unique (Coliseum, Jungle, Desert, Underwater, Graveyard, Pirate Ship), the design of each world was different and each world complimented the main story. KH2 came around and basically made every world a box with DISNEY worlds painted over it and the main plot wasn't really connected at all. KH3 finally came back to form, which is why I'm really hoping the trend continues in KH4.

Yes, I'm advocating for 2D films to be somewhat mandatory in KH games (at least do 2 per game - not counting 100 Acre Wood), but I guess I'm really just advocating for worlds that:
1. Are relevant to the main story
2. Are aesthetically pleasing (and different from the other worlds selected)

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I loved seeing the modern films in KH3, but I was also very excited to see what could have been done with classic films like Aladdin or The Little Mermaid.

The reason why I think KH1 had the best world selection wasn't because the films were the most iconic, but because each world was unique (Coliseum, Jungle, Desert, Underwater, Graveyard, Pirate Ship), the design of each world was different and each world complimented the main story. KH2 came around and basically made every world a box with DISNEY worlds painted over it and the main plot wasn't really connected at all. KH3 finally came back to form, which is why I'm really hoping the trend continues in KH4.

Yes, I'm advocating for 2D films to be somewhat mandatory in KH games (at least do 2 per game - not counting 100 Acre Wood), but I guess I'm really just advocating for worlds that:
1. Are relevant to the main story
2. Are aesthetically pleasing (and different from the other worlds selected)

Havent posted here since the reveal of Kingdom Hearts 4, but after reading this post I have to give in my perspective on this topic. First of all I agree with everything @Face My Fears wrote. Im one of those KH fans who grew up around the Disney Renaissance era, and always loved & appreciated the 2D animated classics. Having them being completely fizzeled out of the Kingdom Hearts franchise would be disheartening to say the least.

If it does get to a point where they feel its unnessecary to incorporate any of the 2D classics anymore then for me personally my KH journey ends here. Im not all that familiar with all of the new Disney content so I cant relate to any of it nor comment whether any of it is any good at all, but judging from first glance at them not many of them seem like they will have nearly the cultural impact that a lot of the clasics did before them outside of the obvious Frozen monstrousity.

It really would be an injustice not to revisit worlds like Agrabah and Atlantica (these two always come to mind because of the sheer potential they possess) in the enchanced, open world way how the worlds in KH3 were displayed. If Kingdom Hearts is simply now just one giant Disney commercial for all their new material then it truly is nothing more than a shell of what it once was. (to be fair signs of that already reared its ugly head with how Arendelle was done). Also feels like us loyal fans from 2002 are being alienated in the process as well. Depending on the world reveals within the next year im currently on the fence about whether I will fork out any money for KH4 or not.

Last edited:
Back