• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix has released a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts's 20th anniversary, confirming the following:

• Kingdom Hearts Dark Road's final update will be releasing in August 2022
  • A new mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link will have a closed beta test in 2022
  • The announcement of KINGDOM HEARTS IV!

SE states that the footage of KH4 was rendered in Unreal Engine 4, but development has since moved to Unreal Engine 5, so expect the game to look even better than it already does. Also, KH4 will not be present at E3 (via @aibo_ac7)

Last edited by a moderator:

2 quid is good

Awards
big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Kingdom Hearts IV looks great, lets see much time Sora spends in Quadratum. Not sure about the Missing Link mobile game, I'd rather have a KHUX remake in that engine.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts IV, while the game was expected, what they showed sure was not! I can't even believe what I'm seeing.

And I knew Hades would be involved! I knew it!

Boo Missing Link though. We don't need another mobile game.

AR829038

Awards
Ok, my take on each thing:
Dark Road: Glad to see more of it, shame we're getting it a whole year late, but whatever, looks interesting.
Missing-Link: On the one hand, I hate seeing another mobile game, but I'm more forgiving that it's at least 3D like the main games. The chibi art style was what I hated most about the other titles (and I hope they don't go crazy with the gatcha stuff this time, but I know they probably will).
K. H. 4.: HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Holy shit, it's made on UE4 but it's moving to Unreal Engine 5. Omg omg omg

2 quid is good

Awards
Incredibly brazen of Nomura to simply make versus 13 in KH, from the change in the logo, Sora's hairstyle changing DRASTICALLY and ofc, Quadratum. Good for him! He gets to make his pet project that he's wanted for years. I'm just not super keen on it, although I'll reserve further judgement til I see more information.

I loved the ending tho haha, Big Brained Donald and Goofy going to see Hades

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We live in a world where Kingdom Hearts IV exists. Kingdom Hearts Missing Link seems to be Square Enix's answer to Genshin Impact.

It wouldn't be a Kingdom Hearts trailer without a lot of questions now, would it? Strelizia is back and I knew she wouldn't just be permanently killed off in Union Cross. I'm more puzzled as to why Hades is in this game, are the Disney Villain council returning?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We live in a world where Kingdom Hearts IV exists. Kingdom Hearts Missing Link seems to be Square Enix's answer to Genshin Impact.

It wouldn't be a Kingdom Hearts trailer without a lot of questions now, would it? Strelizia is back and I knew she wouldn't just be permanently killed off in Union Cross. I'm more puzzled as to why Hades is in this game, are the Disney Villain council returning?
Quadratum seems to be some sort of the afterlife or maybe purgatory. Strelitzia and Sora died and have wound up here.
Hades is in it because he deals with Death. Who better to try and find someone who died than him?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Quadratum seems to be some sort of the afterlife or maybe purgatory. Strelitzia and Sora died and have wound up here.
Hades is in it because he deals with Death. Who better to try and find someone who died than him?
I never considered that, that's really smart Disney integration.

AleMustDie

Awards
II think less than half game is in Quadratum. 1/3? Or less

Disney probably cannot give carte blanche to Nomura .

I to be honest I want a classic KH.
So, Yozora was right when told Sora that is not what I look like....
Because Strelitzia seems a bit much different too

Chie

Awards
So sad that Kingdom Hearts went from a series of linear titles to a mess of mobile game-as-a-service cutscenes that I have no way to actually play in order or recommend to people. And yet people complaiend about the series being "impossible to follow from console to console" when it was just a linear story over different systems, but people never seem to bring up what these games are doing to the readibility.

That's just something I'm forced to think about all the time. KH4 looks amazing.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
so.... Quadratum is basically G rated Daten City? modern town that is actually Purgatory?

okay so, now we see Brain and Strelitzia, skuld arc when?

Back