• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards

"KH4 has been announced!
I have a video of the event, so I'll try to explain it.
KH4 public video is made with Unreal 4, but in reality, it will be moved to Unreal 5, and the video will be more amazing.
KH4 will not be at E3."
So this means, KH4 won’t be a 2022/early 2023 release. Thank you!

I really hope that the engine change doesn’t cause any big problems like KH3

okhi12

Awards
I hope KHIV doesn't take 5 years! Strelitzia and Sora look gorgeous and they'll look even better in the finished game! I'm glad Donald and Goofy will still be in the game, I hope they find their way to Quadratum. Hades is related to the afterlife so everything points in that direction.

Missing Link looks kinda weird. Those summoned figures in battles... medals digivolved to amiibos, lol. On the positive side, I wanted to know more about Brain and ancient Scala ad Caelum so I'm still interested, but I guess I'll play the Youtube Edition. It should be a switch game but oh well.
I really hope that the engine change doesn’t cause any big problems like KH3
It shouldn't. As far as I know UE4 can be easily migrated to UE5.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
II think less than half game is in Quadratum. 1/3? Or less

Disney probably cannot give carte blanche to Nomura .
I think Quadratum is the equivalent of Twilight Town/The World that Never Was for Kingdom Hearts IV.

It's been on my mind since the death thing came up. Nomura loves Hades and I thought that having Hades included would be a smart idea. That and Coco.
If Coco ends up being a Disney world for Kingdom Hearts IV, I will lose my mind. That world is the perfect opportunity to reintroduce Nightmare Dream Eaters as the enemies that populate the world as they're basically Alebrijes.

blank points

Awards
HOLY...HOLY...HOLY. Well I stand corrected folks, looks like the next game really was KHIV after all. And by god, does it look incredible. This has to be the most Final Fantasy-like KH game we've got yet. As for Missing Link, not sure how I feel about this one yet. I figured there would be another mobile title, but I can't say I am digging the look of this one. Granted, I do realize it's still early in development, but the environments look rather half-assed. Scala in particular looks like a Gmod map. That being said, I will wait till it is released to form judgement. The KH hype train has returned at last folks!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Looks like it is in "early development" as well.

TOKYO, JAPAN (April 10, 2022) – Today, as part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney announced that KINGDOM HEARTS IV, the newest installment in the beloved RPG series, is in early development, and also revealed a brand-new mobile game, KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link.

In the announcement trailer, Sora makes a triumphant return with an updated look at the beginning of an epic new storyline titled the “Lost Master Arc.” Beginning with Sora facing off in a boss battle against a giant enemy, players are introduced to the Quadratum, a large, expansive city set in a gorgeous, realistic world unlike anything ever seen before in the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Fans will be excited to see the return of Sora’s well-known companions Donald and Goofy, in addition to the first appearance of Strelitzia, a mysterious new character who appears before Sora in this strange new setting.

Fans can also look forward to KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link, an all-new game for iOS and Android devices, which allows players to embark on adventures from the realm of Scala ad Caelum into the real world. Players will be able to engage in exhilarating battles against the Heartless and discover a new, original story. A closed beta test is planned for 2022*.

“We’re thrilled to celebrate the series’ 20th anniversary with the announcement of two new KINGDOM HEARTS titles,” said KINGDOM HEARTS series Brand Manager, Ichiro Hazama. “We’d like to thank the fans for all of their support over the years, and we can’t wait for them to experience all that’s to come for Sora.”

“Sora is an original Disney video game hero like no other, beloved by our team, and fans across the world. We’ve been honored to work with Tetsuya Nomura and his team for two decades to introduce these original stories of discovery, courage, and friendship,” said Nana Gadd, Director, Walt Disney Games. “This glimpse into Sora’s next adventure is just the beginning – we can’t wait to show more when the time is right.”

Additionally, the KINGDOM HEARTS team announced that the highly anticipated final chapter of KINGDOM HEARTS DARK ROAD will be released in August 2022 as a free update to the KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road app.

SQUARE ENIX and Disney hosted the KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Anniversary event in Tokyo, Japan where together with fans, they celebrated the past 20 years of the beloved franchise and provided a first look at what’s to come next. The event also featured a live music performance, a showcase of stained-glass artworks and on-stage appearances from Series Director, Tetsuya Nomura, series’ composer, Yoko Shimomura, and other development members. Fans can enjoy photos from the event on the official social channels and look forward to a recording of the event which will be shared at a later date.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Screenshot_25.png

Let us see the Dream Eaters

Nukara

Awards
Wow, another mobile game. heh Will my phone pull her. Well, KH4 looks amazing, but nothing is clear. I expected more, but thanks to that too.))

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So Sora's living a new life in a new apartment, with a new girl. I can feel Kairi's jealousy burning, oh the fanfics are about to explode.

I'm unsure of the Unreality stuff yet. I think I need to see more of it before I get too excited. The things I liked most are Strelitzia, which is funny considering I've been so neutral on her before. This seems like a good chance to finally get to know her as a character and I'm all for it.

The second is Hades! If they are using him to see if Sora is dead or not then good on Square for finally using Disney in the larger story of Kingdom Hearts rather then filler. That is what I want. If they tie the Disney worlds in with Sora's disappearance then I will be very happy.

the red monster

Awards
late 2024 release if we are lucky.
how they gonna make yozora, riku and the foretellers fit in? unless riku and yozora stuff is post KH4

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Looks like it is in "early development" as well.
I thought this was the case seeing as there was no release window confirmed. The development of Kingdom Hearts IV shouldn't take as long as Kingdom Hearts III did when it switched from Luminous Engine to Unreal Engine.

Fans will be excited to see the return of Sora’s well-known companions Donald and Goofy, in addition to the first appearance of Strelitzia, a mysterious new character who appears before Sora in this strange new setting.
This comment gives "Kingdom Hearts III comes after Kingdom Hearts II" vibes.

“Sora is an original Disney video game hero like no other, beloved by our team, and fans across the world. We’ve been honored to work with Tetsuya Nomura and his team for two decades to introduce these original stories of discovery, courage, and friendship,” said Nana Gadd, Director, Walt Disney Games. “This glimpse into Sora’s next adventure is just the beginning – we can’t wait to show more when the time is right.”
Here it is, Disney outright confirming that they own Sora and the rest of the original elements of Kingdom Hearts. I don't know why some people still assume Kingdom Hearts is shared partnership copyright.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Always nice to dust off this ol' account every once in a blue moon for a huge annoucement. Was a kid when kh1 first came out. Feels like this franchise is growing alongside me. Have to say though, Dont like how its more final fantasy than Kingdom hearts. Granted its only the introduction world. Also Scala Ad Caleum looks very very bad in the mobile gameplay. Like a D tier List mobile game with generic hallway fights

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I'm wondering how they Disney world aspect will work. Part of the fun with new KH titles is predicting/speculation what worlds will be in but now. I don't know what to say in that aspect lol..

AR829038

Awards
Always nice to dust off this ol' account every once in a blue moon for a huge annoucement. Was a kid when kh1 first came out. Feels like this franchise is growing alongside me. Have to say though, Dont like how its more final fantasy than Kingdom hearts. Granted its only the introduction world. Also Scala Ad Caleum looks very very bad in the mobile gameplay. Like a D tier List mobile game with generic hallway fights
Agreed, the Scala in the mobile game looks a bit rough. But honestly, I'm just glad it's a 3D action game and not that godawful chibi crap anymore. I couldn't stand that shit. I'm hoping this is just early test footage and they can polish the world up some more. Mainly, I just hope it doesn't play like UX/DR and that it doesn't have the same HORRENDOUS update schedule (I'm actually pissed the more I think about it that we still have to wait till August for the final Dark Road update. Like seriously, guys, I know covid happened, but there isn't even any gameplay to program. That whole project was a dumpster fire from beginning to end).

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
That horrible news drought was worth it! All that pain and agony of waiting, and now we got rewarded!

AR829038

Awards
I'm wondering how they Disney world aspect will work. Part of the fun with new KH titles is predicting/speculation what worlds will be in but now. I don't know what to say in that aspect lol..
I'm anticipating there are few things they could do with this. One is that Quadratum could be just a prologue world, and then maybe a hub world you return to, but Sora will manage to return to his original realm early in the game and we can explore Disney worlds, but frankly, I don't see that as likely, and I think Sora will be here for most of the game.
Another possibility is that they make the Quadratum realm itself an entire universe full of other "worlds" to explore, maybe based on FF games, which would be super-tight (and give me a good excuse to go back to playing FF again, it's been so many years). In that case, I imagine all the Disney realm stuff would just get told in cutscenes.
Or, another possibility (and this is the one I'm hoping for) is that we alternate back and forth between playing as Sora in Quadratum and playing as other characters in the Realm of Light, and they all get together at the end.

PikaPal

Awards
Really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts IV. After years of the Dark Seeker saga, it's really exciting to see a new era of the franchise begin and it looks pretty cool too.

The mobile game doesn't look too bad but I'm not sure if I'd even play it. I'm not really much of a mobile game guy and the last time I played one (Pokémon Masters) I petered out pretty quickly after a few weeks.

Back