• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I'm anticipating there are few things they could do with this. One is that Quadratum could be just a prologue world, and then maybe a hub world you return to, but Sora will manage to return to his original realm early in the game and we can explore Disney worlds, but frankly, I don't see that as likely, and I think Sora will be here for most of the game.
Another possibility is that they make the Quadratum realm itself an entire universe full of other "worlds" to explore, maybe based on FF games, which would be super-tight (and give me a good excuse to go back to playing FF again, it's been so many years). In that case, I imagine all the Disney realm stuff would just get told in cutscenes.
Or, another possibility (and this is the one I'm hoping for) is that we alternate back and forth between playing as Sora in Quadratum and playing as other characters in the Realm of Light, and they all get together at the end.
The last one looks likely. I just have a hard time seeing a KH where there's no Disney worlds to explore. Though I guess I wouldn't mind as long as they found ways to diversify the locations. I'm not sure how with a more realistic city location lol...

Violet Pluto

Awards
Agreed, the Scala in the mobile game looks a bit rough. But honestly, I'm just glad it's a 3D action game and not that godawful chibi crap anymore. I couldn't stand that shit. I'm hoping this is just early test footage and they can polish the world up some more. Mainly, I just hope it doesn't play like UX/DR and that it doesn't have the same HORRENDOUS update schedule (I'm actually pissed the more I think about it that we still have to wait till August for the final Dark Road update. Like seriously, guys, I know covid happened, but there isn't even any gameplay to program. That whole project was a dumpster fire from beginning to end).
I heard there was going to be gameplay for the offline version of DR. Also, the team for that is notoriously small, there is no revenue since it's going to be free/all paid elements were terminated months ago, and the version of flash they used for the game is apparently very finicky to work with. The higher ups would probably not be happy with too much attention paid to this game.

It's actually probably easier to work on a 3D mobile game than the paper mache style of UXDR.

okhi12

Awards
Missing Link may be a mobile game, but at least it's 3D. Fucking finally.

And Sora has completed his transition from Disney Boi to FF lad.

Why does the new Darkside look like CHAOS
For me he's Dormin from Shadow of the Colossus.

AR829038

Awards
I heard there was going to be gameplay for the offline version of DR. Also, the team for that is notoriously small, there is no revenue since it's going to be free/all paid elements were terminated months ago, and the version of flash they used for the game is apparently very finicky to work with.

It's actually probably easier to work on a 3D mobile game than the paper mache style of UXDR.
Well, I guess that's my biggest problem with the X games, then. Kingdom Hearts games shouldn't be getting made by a team that small. KH deserves a budget, and it's not like they can't afford it. I just feel like the mobile games were FAR cheaper than they had any right to be, especially with how important the story ended up becoming. In the future, all KH games need to be given the resources, money, and care that they deserve. No more garage teams, SE isn't some indie company, they can do better.

NoWay

Awards
What if KH4 is going to work like DDD? We know that Riku is in Quadratum, but we don’t know if there are two alternate realities of this world (like the worlds in DDD).
What if Riku arrives in the Yozora version of Quadratum and Sora in that version of Quadratum where the TWEWY cast lives? If we consider what Strelitzia said, that this world for the two of them works like an afterworld…

Katsagu

Awards
What they showed was certainly impressive. That honestly looked crazy and a big evolution to KH.
But goddamn if I'm disappointed at it not having even a release year planned.
I got so drained with KH3 hype cycle that I really can't bring myself to be excited at yet another "In development" trailer from them. And what they showed looked very very early, highly curated also. Makes me feel this won't be out untill like late 2024 at the earliest.

Perkilator

Awards
I…don’t know how to feel about this, tbh. I’ll wait until we get more information maybe at E3 lol on KH4 before I give my opinion.

notnow123487

Awards
You all need to prepare yourselves for the development duration this is going to go under. It seems like he’s completely rebuilding the series identity, very ambitious and that trailer gave very kh3 2013 announcement vibes.

I’d say holiday 2024 or 2025 at BEST. I’d say longer if it wasnt for unreal and knowing they won’t have to scrap two years of work again.

2019 was remind.
2020 and 2021 was Covid so they likely got one years worth of development out of this time and I’m sure a TON more time went into pre-production and reimagining the series direction than ever before.

Im very confident this game is at least three years away

Chie

Awards
Well, I guess that's my biggest problem with the X games, then. Kingdom Hearts games shouldn't be getting made by a team that small. KH deserves a budget, and it's not like they can't afford it. I just feel like the mobile games were FAR cheaper than they had any right to be, especially with how important the story ended up becoming. In the future, all KH games need to be given the resources, money, and care that they deserve. No more garage teams, SE isn't some indie company, they can do better.
The trick here is that while the development of the stuff we actually care about may be small and cheap, the majority of money and effort isn't being put there. It's put into the gacha nonsense algorithm, in behavioral training to figure out how to best manipulate people into playing and spreading the games, and in most cases it was put there many years ago. Then many other people need to maintain its functioning by activating new nothing "raid" events where you fight some stupid watermelons.

You absolutely can make action KH games on a small budget with a small team. They did it on the DS. But they're not going to do it now, for entirely industry-related reasons.

AR829038

Awards
What if KH4 is going to work like DDD? We know that Riku is in Quadratum, but we don’t know if there are two alternate realities of this world (like the worlds in DDD).
What if Riku arrives in the Yozora version of Quadratum and Sora in that version of Quadratum where the TWEWY cast lives? If we consider what Strelitzia said, that this world for the two of them works like an afterworld…
I don't think it works like that. Sora and Riku traversed different worlds in DDD because Riku was in Sora's dreams, so he was experiencing dream-versions of worlds that Sora was traveling through. But we know that Riku is going straight to Quadratum at the end of MoM, so he and Sora aren't asleep, and neither of them is in the other's dreams. So, if Riku shows up, it should be to the same Quadratum that Sora and Yozora are in.

AR829038

Awards
The trick here is that while the development of the stuff we actually care about may be small and cheap, the majority of money and effort isn't being put there. It's put into the gacha nonsense algorithm, in behavioral training to figure out how to best manipulate people into playing and spreading the games, and in most cases it was put there many years ago. Then many other people need to maintain its functioning by activating new nothing "raid" events where you fight some stupid watermelons.

You absolutely can make action KH games on a small budget with a small team. They did it on the DS. But they're not going to do it now, for entirely industry-related reasons.
You can't seriously tell me that Days and Re: Coded were made with the same amount of money and staff as UX. They're night and day. Plus, I'm pretty sure those games had many more staff working on them, and it definitely shows. KH games need to have mechanical depth, and they need to look and feel like a game. I'm aware that gatcha stuff is the trend in the industry nowadays, but that doesn't mean they need to be that cheap about it. The best way to attract people to gatcha traps is to make the games themselves look appealing. That's why Dark Road failed as badly as it did, because people knew it was gatcha but also didn't like the way it looked enough to put up with it. Missing-Link looks far better in that respect, though we'll see just how greedy a game it is.

Chie

Awards
Btw, this is probably obvious, but it's Kingdom Hearts 4 (shi (death)). Taking place in a world that Strelitzia calls a "world of death", specifically in SHIbuya, and specifically a version of SHIbuya with TWEWY callbacks, which was a game about Reapers. And Sora was sent here after being "ferried" by the reaper-like Lich Heartless. And then Hades in the end.

Death is the main motif here, despite the translation pretending it isn't ("afterworld"? Are they going to censor the whole game like that?). What we know about Versus XIII also involved a death goddess and a gate to the "Kingdom of the Dead", with Noctis and Stella being two people who could see things related to that, and now we have Sora and Strelitzia being the two people who consider this place the "world of death".

EDIT: AND, Strelitzia is the sister of the scythe-wielding Reaper-associated Marluxia.

Last edited:

Violet Pluto

Awards
Square Enix wants the Gacha money, so I wouldn't be surprised if the gacha push is entirely because of the higher ups. There are so many FF Gachas (and other SE ones not FF) that I'm pretty sure about that assumption. Gacha may be the worst thing to happen to many of these series.

okhi12

Awards
How many afterworlds does KH have?
Aside from the obvious Underworld in the Olympus world, there's the Final World (more like a limbo), Kingdom Hearts itself where hearts go after accepting death... What are the specific conditions to go to Quadratum instead? Strelitzia was merely killed, Sora misused the PoW. If Sora had not saved Kairi, would she have appeared in Quadratum as well?
For an unrechable place, another side of reality where voices cannot reach etc. it looks like anybody can randomly go there, lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Aside from the obvious Underworld in the Olympus world, there's the Final World (more like a limbo), Kingdom Hearts itself where hearts go after accepting death... What are the specific conditions to go to Quadratum instead? Strelitzia was merely killed, Sora misused the PoW. If Sora had not saved Kairi, would she have appeared in Quadratum as well?
For an unrechable place, another side of reality where voices cannot reach etc. it looks like anybody can randomly go there, lol.
Watch the dead Dark Road cast be there too lol

Chie

Awards
You can't seriously tell me that Days and Re: Coded were made with the same amount of money and staff as UX. They're night and day.
I didn't say that at all, but you're also still missing the point. Yes, the difference between Days and UX is night and day. This is because the former is a video game. All the resources that went towards making Days went towards making the game, Days. A small fraction of the resources that went to UX have anything to do with Nomura + his co-writers + their animators. The vast majority of the resources are going to go to managing all the extraneous nonsense. This is because gacha games are not actually games, they're algorithms meant to take advantage of you. This is the point of UX existing.

If you gave the game more budget, all of it would still go to the gacha stuff. You can make a heck of a lot with a small budget if you're actually allowed to make a video game.

AR829038

Awards
So, we have to remember, at the end of UX, the MoM took what seems to be a Strelitzia clone with him somewhere. I'm almost certain the Strelitzia in this trailer is that clone, made from the data copy of her that was in Daybreak Town. This is NOT the original Strelitzia who was killed by Darkness.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Watch the dead Dark Road cast be there too lol
Pretty likely, it is also very possible that the Foretellers were there until Luxu summoned them back at the very end of KH III.

In the UX finale the Master of Masters also claimed to Luxu that he has set up back up plans to save those who are sacrificed for the greater goal so this might all play into it.
After all, in the KH Universe memories are immortal and even a completely lost heart can be restored when enough of them are gathered and given time to grow.

Back