• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
I guess when Nomura said this year was going to be busy, I was hoping for...more. KH4 is cool, but it doesn't count if it's still years down the line. I was REALLY hoping for an actual, honest-to-God GAME, not another mobile title. Something on the Switch, maybe. People on that console are getting really shafted with this series.
I’m still hoping for another game before KH4 releases.. It would be very disappointing if we had to wait another 3 years for a new KH game that’s worth playing unlike the mobile games

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"Best foot forward"? Nomura finished the artwork at 10AM before the event!

I think he showed what he could at the event solely because the event was happening. If there was no 20th anniversary event, Nomura wouldn't have shown a damn thing yet.

The artwork is imho the best thing of the whole package here tbh, but that has its own thread.

In terms of "KH 4" though I do wonder a little why they still don't have the guts to ditch the numbered titles altogether and the whole baggage of constant expectations that come with it.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
So I just watched the Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary trailer and feel oddly deflated and disappointed. I guess, despite trying to expect nothing, I was expecting more than just a trailer for a delayed mobile game, an awful looking sequel to Union Cross and an off feeling intro trailer to KH4. I guess, on some level I expect the 20th anniversary to be them putting their best foot forward and if this is their best foot... I'm not sure what that means.

Missing-Link looks absolutely horrible graphic and gameplay wise... it being another mobile multiplayer game doesn't help, seeing I personally don't care for those. I personally would have prefered seeing another "spin-off" focusing on one of the trios or already established cast. Hopefully the finished product will be more interesting and enticing.

Also I can't believe that I didn't feel any excitement at all for the KH4 segment... I should be excited and hyped, but I just feel deflated... I don't think I've ever reacted this poorly to a KH announcement before.

Hopefully reading through other people's post and seeing other's reaction will get me more excited.
I hear you and see what you mean. It being the 20th for Kingdom Hearts you would think they'd have something more to show or at least something more interesting for long time fans of the series who are fatigued from delays and huge gaps between releases.

I would have been happy with another CGI movie for Union X &/or Dark Road for those who haven't played them. Or even a Remake of 358/2 days. Multiplayer Kh was a cool concept.

I still think what they shown was fine. They probably should have gone bigger because its the Series 20th Anniversary.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The artwork is imho the best thing of the whole package here tbh, but that has its own thread.

In terms of "KH 4" though I do wonder a little why they still don't have the guts to ditch the numbered titles altogether and the whole baggage of constant expectations that come with it.
Baggage that comes with numbered titles? After KH3, there should be no expectations. I always said that KH3 was always going to be damned if it did, damned if it didn't. KH3 was always going to take the heat and get crapped all over, no matter what it did. Ultimately, that was a good thing because now no one should have these crazy expectations. Not only that, we're starting from scratch, so people can't expect to see everyone in the game again which will be better for KH4 and the Lost Master arc's quality.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

While ditching the numbers might make sense, I think at this point it's nigh impossible. if anything the games between 2 and 3 sadly proved that people will just dismiss any KH game that isn't numbered as a spin-off, they've kind of been conditioned to do so by non-numbered games being for smaller consoles.

I hear you and see what you mean. It being the 20th for Kingdom Hearts you would think they'd have something more to show or at least something more interesting for long time fans of the series who are fatigued from delays and huge gaps between releases.

I would have been happy with another CGI movie for Union X &/or Dark Road for those who haven't played them. Or even a Remake of 358/2 days. Multiplayer Kh was a cool concept.

I still think what they shown was fine. They probably should have gone bigger because its the Series 20th Anniversary.
Yeah I feel I would have felt more excitement for another CGI movie than I did for Missing link. I would have also adored a Days remake even if I am starting to believe it's best to leave it be and just move forward.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I guess when Nomura said this year was going to be busy, I was hoping for...more. KH4 is cool, but it doesn't count if it's still years down the line. I was REALLY hoping for an actual, honest-to-God GAME, not another mobile title. Something on the Switch, maybe. People on that console are getting really shafted with this series.
Switch is so crazy popular and Square has been 1 of the better 3rd party supporters on it that it's really baffling they aren't doing a KH along the lines of the old handheld games.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The baggage is the expectation that numbered KH will always follow the same formula with barely any alteration.
Gameplay wise, I would expect and want that. One of the reasons I love KH is that the gameplay is fun and it's easy to jump into the controls without much complication. Besides having DISNEY worlds, there shouldn't be any other expectations.

On a side note, did anyone notice the keyhole imagery in Quadratum? It really stood out to me.

JJ1020

Awards
So um,

BYLMxf1.png

hugo-lamarre-at-st-cam-02a.jpg
So...if this is the same, could this world be Endor?

Awards
About Missing Link.

I'm fine with it since due to it being a 3D action game, it could end up ported to console without the Pokemon Go-esque function.

Plus it actually looks like a game I'd want to play unlike UX and DR.

Xagzan

Awards
Hell of a time to get logged out and forget my password lol. Anyway, I don't even know where to begin. Think I need to see more of KH4 before forming any opinions. I'm mostly surprised we're going straight to it, so quickly, without a million in between games. Feels just like the old days!

Also gonna need to see how Kairi and the female characters are treated before judging, especially after KH3. I would hope Kairi and Aqua's training isn't just a footnote in this game, that would be the worst.

Looks like Sora and Strelitzia are teaming up for the time being, definitely didn't see that coming. Think she'll find out how he beat up her brother multiple times? :p

LostArtist

Awards
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What a thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Hedginka

Awards
Hell of a time to get logged out and forget my password lol. Anyway, I don't even know where to begin. Think I need to see more of KH4 before forming any opinions. I'm mostly surprised we're going straight to it, so quickly, without a million in between games. Feels just like the old days!

Also gonna need to see how Kairi and the female characters are treated before judging, especially after KH3. I would hope Kairi and Aqua's training isn't just a footnote in this game, that would be the worst.

I would love to eat my words, hun, but given how the pacing for KH games is these days, everything is probably gonna be a footnote. I mean, Riku training with Terra was after all.

Heck, the scenes we saw in this trailer could be half an hour long before a 20 hour slog of Disney world we have to go through before we see story again. Or it could be the finale? Or the criticism could have actually reached Nomura’s ears. Who knows? We can only hope for the best.

Xagzan

Awards
I would love to eat my words, hun, but given how the pacing for KH games is these days, everything is probably gonna be a footnote. I mean, Riku training with Terra was after all.

Heck, the scenes we saw in this trailer could be half an hour long before a 20 hour slog of Disney world we have to go through before we see story again. Or it could be the finale? Or the criticism could have actually reached Nomura’s ears. Who knows? We can only hope for the best.

New arc, new opportunities maybe. And did Riku and Terra even train together? They had their chat before the 1 year time skip, so I never got the impression they had time to do much. Plus that wasn't set up prior, while Kairi and Aqua's training was, explicitly. Still hoping for them to get their own game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yay for KHIV! I'm so glad they kept the numerals! Down with the side games! I didn't even watch the trailers for the first two things, never playing them.

My guess is this fight in Quadratum is simply the beginning of the game, like Darkside at Destiny Islands or Twilight Thorn in Twilight Town. At least, I don't want to be in one city the whole game, nope. And maybe this means the Coliseum will be a world yet again... <3 I'd love it just to hear the fanbase's heads explode.

I don't mind the change to Sora so much, he honestly looks better, it doesn't bother me as much as how they changed Riku's eyes. Although I think they're aging these characters fast if they want this series to keep going forever. The XIII stuff is just... *sigh* Felt the same about seeing Black Coats again. The girl definitely belongs to Quadratum. I see others calling her Strelitzia--I don't pay any attention to the mobile games, so I had no idea. Even with Sora having changed to a degree (and maybe this is merely a world transformation for Sora to look more "realistic" and he'll look like he did in 3 once he goes back to the RoL?), the girl definitely stands apart from him and looks kind of strange alongside him to me.

Since it's "early development," I don't expect it before Fall 2024. And that's probably being optimistic--I can imagine it ending up in spring 2025. Makes me laugh that people were thinking it would be 2023. Probably young and pure fans who came in with 3 and haven't been here long enough to become jaded to the way this goes yet.
What if KH4 is going to work like DDD? We know that Riku is in Quadratum, but we don’t know if there are two alternate realities of this world (like the worlds in DDD).
What if Riku arrives in the Yozora version of Quadratum and Sora in that version of Quadratum where the TWEWY cast lives? If we consider what Strelitzia said, that this world for the two of them works like an afterworld…
I know it isn't going to happen with Riku having already went to Quadratum at the end of MoM (at least, I believe so? I haven't played it in a while)--I'd love Sora in Quadratum while the other scenario is Riku, Donald, and Goofy going through Disney worlds that are connected to death in some fashion, seeing if they could find a way in, so to speak. The Underworld as well as TP&TF and Coco as previously mentioned. I suppose Soul deals with death, although I've never seen it.

BluePikmin11

Awards
Would be a huge freaking stretch, but what if Sora visited live action worlds via inserting a BD disc of the movie, and entering the TV to enter the unreality worlds like Endor. Something so meta and crazy that Nomura would dare boldly do? Too silly, or maybe a possibility? IDK, Toy Story was kinda meta with the Verum Rex video game, and now Yozora brought Sora to reality, so it could go counterclockwise and we see Disney properties being the sold properties like Verum Rex now.

Last edited:

Sora3000

Awards
Wow! They picked a fitting day to announce this! Because in case you guys don't know, today is Haley Joel Osment's 34th birthday. I sure hope he'll voice Sora once more in KH4.

Back