• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GreyouTT

Awards
I mean, it has been right so far.

And I sorta doubt early development means what we all think it means.

If September 2023 is their target release, it'd make sense that they'll be trying to have it be close enough by a few months if they can't make the date.
Yeah that's why I estimated January, it gives them breathing room and is still close to the targeted date. The target date for the Cross remaster was only five months off as well.

Awards
So after spending the past few hours back reading and getting caught up on everything, it's time to weigh in on the trailer.

Dark Road- It's certainly nice that we got a trailer, and from the looks of it the remainder of the story will be much deeper than the paper thin setup that we've seen so far...but (and pardon my language) AUGUST!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! Honestly I'm wondering why they ever thought they could release it by the end of last year when it clearly would have never been ready in time. As long as it turns out to be good I'll be content though.

Missing Link- As someone that actually enjoyed Union X (for what it was) I'm moderately excited about this. On the one hand I do agree that it doesn't look great graphically (even by modern mobile game standards) it's also worth mentioning that it won't even enter it's beta until later this year, so the final product should and probably will look significantly better. And most importantly, continuing the story of Brain and exploring Scala ad Caelum's history is very exciting.

Kingdom Hearts IV- The big one. I don't think I've ever experienced so many different emotions while watching a video game trailer. All at once I'm head over heels excited, concerned, confused, overwhelmed, underwhelmed... all that is just scratching the surface. Ultimately, I'm definitely on board and can't wait for whatever crazy wild ride Nomura is taking us on.

Xagzan

Awards
Wonder how Lauriam's gonna feel when he learns Sora's shacking up at Strelitzia's place 😏

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Well I did not expect to see this today. I like Sora's new look, but I literally could not tell that that was him when I first saw this trailer. The gameplay looks very different but fun, and I also liked the look of the Black Coat. Oh! And I love that Hades is going to be an actual plot point to the "After World".

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As I recall, the only side games intended to be made original was Birth by Sleep, but then Nintendo wanted a game for the DS and Square and Disney wanted a cell phone game.

The reason Dream Drop Distance was made was also because Nintendo wanted a game for the 3DS.
OK, this always bugged me because like then Nintendo never any KH on Wii in that case? Like there's more to it than just Square going "Well since you asked nicely..."

SuperNova

Awards
I actually don't mind Sora's new hairstyle, its not like anime hair like his can exist in a realistic world anyways without lots and lots of hairgel. Makes me wonder if his hair is gonna spring right back up once he enters a Disney world.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OK, this always bugged me because like then Nintendo never any KH on Wii in that case? Like there's more to it than just Square going "Well since you asked nicely..."
Their request needs to be accompanied by a fat check lol they're paying for exclusives.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My only problem with KH4 is the emphasis on realistic worlds means a lot of Disney’s library of animation will most likely never be used
I mean, for this go around, yeah, but I don’t think it’s that terrible of a thing.

I’m all for them taking this opportunity to experiment. It’s clear we are going to go back to the way things were before once Sora gets back to his friends.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
That guy recording the Heartless invasion still cracks me up. It would have been funny if we got something like that in San Fransokyo

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
If it wasn't for KH4 being announced with a proper trailer, the event would have been disappointing.
Dark Road keeps getting further and further away and another mobile coming although predictable is still disappointing.

Back