• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperNova

Awards
Wait, KH4 takes place a year after MoM which takes place a year after KH3..does that mean Sora is 17 now? That would make Riku an actual adult then.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, KH4 takes place a year after MoM which takes place a year after KH3..does that mean Sora is 17 now? That would make Riku an actual adult then.
MoM takes place while Kairi is in her year-long coma, and ends when she wakes up. So he's just saying that this is Sora in current time as opposed to directly after KH3. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Bear in mind, that's still based off of impressions so might not be entirely correct. Will need to see if anyone else remembers that comment being made and can verify what was said.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Watching this trailer felt like looking up an ex and wondering at what they've done with their hair.

That would also end the whole "KH is so confusing" take dead in its tracks. KH isn't confusing. It's overexplained. And when you explain something, you give importance to the understanding of it regardless of whether it's warranted. Would DDD really be confusing if we were only told the vague broadstroke details on time travel? Nope. It would be intuitive. And those wanting to dive deep into the specifics would still be able to. We really didn't need Young Zehanort explaining it via scientific notation.
If you climb this hill all the way to the top you'll find my unkept weed-overgrown gravestone there dated circa 2015.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Nvidia leak did say September 2023, so I'm gonna assume January 2024.
I can see a March 2024 release date for the game. Hopefully, Disney ensures that Square Enix makes it a simultaneous worldwide release.

Auron Auron Auron Auron Auron Auron
I love this idea. I want to see Auron return. Maybe Yuna, Rikku, and Paine can also help with finding Sora, too?

If it wasn't for KH4 being announced with a proper trailer, the event would have been disappointing.
Dark Road keeps getting further and further away and another mobile coming although predictable is still disappointing.
I still think that the Kingdom Hearts Unchained X remake/port is still happening.

What if Young Xehanort is with the Master of Masters in Quadratum lol

or it could literally be Xehanort as this is an afterworld and Xehanort turned back into a kid at the end of KH3
I can totally see Xehanort wanting to turn a new leaf in Quadratum which in turn no longer makes him a villain.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
KH is never gonna be free of Xehanort is it 😶‍🌫️
He is Nomura's fave, author's fave have more lives than the fandom's fave
I can totally see Xehanort wanting to turn a new leaf in Quadratum which in turn no longer makes him a villain.
he will be somewhat mix of Orochimaru and Homura Akemi and I will have my fun watching fandom lost it over anything related to him

blank points

Awards
All right, I've watched this trailer at least a dozen times since, but am I the only one who keeps expecting Queen's We Will Rock You to start playing in the beginning of the Missing Link portion, particularly around 2:06?

Henryp

Awards
All right, I've watched this trailer at least a dozen times since, but am I the only one who keeps expecting Queen's We Will Rock You to start playing in the beginning of the Missing Link portion, particularly around 2:06?
Not exactly, but that song intro is a banger.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Why can't they just port missing link to consoles. what a waste.
I'm surprised they aren't doing a Genshin Impact thing where it's mobile and console/PC.

If I'm honest, I don't mind having another KH game to plug a bit of time into every day and slowly get new content for.
It was kind of nice.
I'm just a bit worried that chasing KH's signature flashy action on mobile will wind up running like shit.

Sprouslex

Awards
My only problem with KH4 is the emphasis on realistic worlds means a lot of Disney’s library of animation will most likely never be used
That just means we might get Disney's older live-action movies. Could be a situation where Quadratum is the only industrialized area in the afterlife and everything else is stuck in the '50s. I'm holding out for Pete's Dragon.

And Song of the South.

KingdomShell

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
A tad late on the celebration of the game's grand triumphant announcement but...

Great.... Rattling.... Dry-Bones.... on.... a.... Spicy-hot... Lava Pirahna!! Smack me with a hammer and spring-launch me to Toytime Galaxy, mate!! I'm going to be honest; I was NOT expecting Kingdom Hearts IV this soon! Of course, I was expecting Verum Rex to have a strong involvement in phase 2 of the Kingdom Hearts lore, but everything I've seen stuffed in this 2-minute trailer throws almost every prediction I've made for KHIV out the window! I originally made a prediction that Verum Rex would be released first before KHIV to mark a strong introduction to Yozora, but given the fact that many KH fans have been greatly concerned about Sora's fate and where he would end up, I have no arguments against it.

What caught me by surprise was the fact that Sora has gone through a major design overhaul to better fit in the city of Quadratum within the realm of fiction. Sora's design really seems to mark some strong similarities to his outfit he wore in the group art piece that Tetsuya Nomura made a year ago. Boy, am I gonna miss Sora's iconic clown shoes and spiky hair, and it's not the easiest thing to accept for KH's future, but I at least hope his realistic design just for the world of Unreality!

The second thing that astonished me is of course the Osaka team's decision to transfer the game development over to the Unreal Engine 5. I had a strong assumption that the staff would take things slow and just stick to the Unreal Engine 4, and switching game production over to the UE5 now does give me the case of the worrywarts. Just look at it this way: When Kingdom Hearts III was first announced in 2013, the system was run entirely by Square Enix's in-house engine called The Luminous Engine and not later until early 2014, the Osaka team decided to carry development over to the Unreal Engine 4. This in turn forced the staff to start gave development over from scratch, and thus starting a painful, 6 year long wait for the games release for all KH fans, myself included. In a more positive note of switching game engines, The Unreal Engine 4 allowed the staff to take advantage of their shading engine which they dub the "Kingdom Shader" to replicate the visuals of each Disney film into their game, though not fully. On the more positive note of the Osaka team's move, I hope the the transition of switching game of production of KHIV from the Unreal 4 to Unreal 5 goes as smoothly. It really gives the game developers the opportunity to take advantage of UE5's new Nanite/Lumin technology. I mean, Nanite allows you to port CGI film-like quality assets into your game with up to a trillion polygons. I imagine the Osaka team would have no problem porting assets straight Walt Disney Animation Studios' animated films within minutes if not days. The Nanite software would be an absolute cinch to use if the staff are able to gain full grasp of its graphical capabilities. I'm also pray that they pull off a hyper realistic live-action world or two for KHIV!

Speaking of live-action worlds, there's also the sticking point in the trailer, and that is the strongly hinted Star Wars world that we've long anticipated! In the potential KH worlds thread, I predicted that we'd see a Star Wars world in KHIV, and that prediction may have actually come true! And it seems as though the world's story in the KH universe will be likely taking place during "Return of the Jedi" since the scenery we're looking at takes place in Planet Endor, and that actually makes much more sense than centering the story around "A New Hope". I mean, there are SO many obvious signs in this undiscovered world that hints a Star Wars world, especially a small glimpse of a walker's foot. I'm actually shaking like a Bob-omb ready to explode in excitement in seeing the Star Wars world in action, and I hope Tetsuya Nomura does the honorable justice in nailing the source material/gameplay elements. I can hardly stop myself from imagining Sora teaming up alongside with Luke Skywalker in striking down the heartless with a lightsaber-like keyblade in his hand!

I'm also feeling as crazy as a Crazy Dayzee for Strelitzia's proper introduction in the 3-D Kingdom-Hearts titles! I think her role would be without a doubt magnificent in the latest KH installment. There's so much mystery revolving around Strelitzia and how she came to be in Quadratum, after her tragic demise by Ventus' darkness, and I'm really eager in how her story will unfold further.

There's so much content packed in this trailer, that I'm not sure where to start first in dissecting all of it: The story, the graphics, the gameplay elements, the characters, the worlds and Quadratum in general! I could go with the graphics as a starter, but likely nothing else, and the announcement comes at the time where I'm still working on a thread for a potential 101 Dalmatian Street world! I'm so excited for KH's next exciting installment, and I look forward to what Mr. Nomura and his team brings to the table for all KH fans!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
A tad late on the celebration of the game's grand triumphant announcement but...

Great.... Rattling.... Dry-Bones.... on.... a.... Spicy-hot... Lava Pirahna!! Smack me with a hammer and spring-launch me to Toytime Galaxy, mate!! I'm going to be honest; I was NOT expecting Kingdom Hearts IV this soon! Of course, I was expecting Verum Rex to have a strong involvement in phase 2 of the Kingdom Hearts lore, but everything I've seen stuffed in this 2-minute trailer throws almost every prediction I've made for KHIV out the window! I originally made a prediction that Verum Rex would be released first before KHIV to mark a strong introduction to Yozora, but given the fact that many KH fans have been greatly concerned about Sora's fate and where he would end up, I have no arguments against it.

What caught me by surprise was the fact that Sora has gone through a major design overhaul to better fit in the city of Quadratum within the realm of fiction. Sora's design really seems to mark some strong similarities to his outfit he wore in the group art piece that Tetsuya Nomura made a year ago. Boy, am I gonna miss Sora's iconic clown shoes and spiky hair, and it's not the easiest thing to accept for KH's future, but I at least hope his realistic design just for the world of Unreality!

The second thing that astonished me is of course the Osaka team's decision to transfer the game development over to the Unreal Engine 5. I had a strong assumption that the staff would take things slow and just stick to the Unreal Engine 4, and switching game production over to the UE5 now does give me the case of the worrywarts. Just look at it this way: When Kingdom Hearts III was first announced in 2013, the system was run entirely by Square Enix's in-house engine called The Luminous Engine and not later until early 2014, the Osaka team decided to carry development over to the Unreal Engine 4. This in turn forced the staff to start gave development over from scratch, and thus starting a painful, 6 year long wait for the games release for all KH fans, myself included. In a more positive note of switching game engines, The Unreal Engine 4 allowed the staff to take advantage of their shading engine which they dub the "Kingdom Shader" to replicate the visuals of each Disney film into their game, though not fully. On the more positive note of the Osaka team's move, I hope the the transition of switching game of production of KHIV from the Unreal 4 to Unreal 5 goes as smoothly. It really gives the game developers the opportunity to take advantage of UE5's new Nanite/Lumin technology. I mean, Nanite allows you to port CGI film-like quality assets into your game with up to a trillion polygons. I imagine the Osaka team would have no problem porting assets straight Walt Disney Animation Studios' animated films within minutes if not days. The Nanite software would be an absolute cinch to use if the staff are able to gain full grasp of its graphical capabilities. I'm also pray that they pull off a hyper realistic live-action world or two for KHIV!

Speaking of live-action worlds, there's also the sticking point in the trailer, and that is the strongly hinted Star Wars world that we've long anticipated! In the potential KH worlds thread, I predicted that we'd see a Star Wars world in KHIV, and that prediction may have actually come true! And it seems as though the world's story in the KH universe will be likely taking place during "Return of the Jedi" since the scenery we're looking at takes place in Planet Endor, and that actually makes much more sense than centering the story around "A New Hope". I mean, there are SO many obvious signs in this undiscovered world that hints a Star Wars world, especially a small glimpse of a walker's foot. I'm actually shaking like a Bob-omb ready to explode in excitement in seeing the Star Wars world in action, and I hope Tetsuya Nomura does the honorable justice in nailing the source material/gameplay elements. I can hardly stop myself from imagining Sora teaming up alongside with Luke Skywalker in striking down the heartless with a lightsaber-like keyblade in his hand!

I'm also feeling as crazy as a Crazy Dayzee for Strelitzia's proper introduction in the 3-D Kingdom-Hearts titles! I think her role would be without a doubt magnificent in the latest KH installment. There's so much mystery revolving around Strelitzia and how she came to be in Quadratum, after her tragic demise by Ventus' darkness, and I'm really eager in how her story will unfold further.

There's so much content packed in this trailer, that I'm not sure where to start first in dissecting all of it: The story, the graphics, the gameplay elements, the characters, the worlds and Quadratum in general! I could go with the graphics as a starter, but likely nothing else, and the announcement comes at the time where I'm still working on a thread for a potential 101 Dalmatian Street world! I'm so excited for KH's next exciting installment, and I look forward to what Mr. Nomura and his team brings to the table for all KH fans!
A thing to keep in mind: going from Unreal Engine 4 to 5 is nowhere near the level of headache as it was for KH3 to go from Luminous to UE4. One, Luminous was an in house engine with its own issues and problems, its own coding. Two, there's an easy upgrade path from UE4 to 5, which includes assets carrying over.

On top of that, UE4 was used primarily as a test piece/way to make the trailer, not that they've put in a couple years of development before switching engines. When KH3 was swapped from Luminous, they couldn't use a single thing they had before the swap. At all. Nada. That isn't the case here, every asset in the trailer will be useable in the final product.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Something just came to mind about KH4, Sora is now legally old enough to drive like an actual car. He's been driving ships and disney rides for a long time, but an actual car now in a realistic city is a possibility.
oh please let us drive. I want Quadratum to be a mix of GTA x Watch Dogs x classic KH x Yakuza. xD
What if Young Xehanort is with the Master of Masters in Quadratum lol

or it could literally be Xehanort as this is an afterworld and Xehanort turned back into a kid at the end of KH3
Honestly, this was what I was thinking. He and Eraqus passed on into Quadratum. They've found their friends and are living a pretty chill life being reborn in Quadratum. It would be a nice send off for them all after Dark Road.

Or they remember and Sora finds Xehanort at a boba shop and the dude taunts him with a sarcastic "wow I can't believe I was right *sips tea*"

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
oh please let us drive. I want Quadratum to be a mix of GTA x Watch Dogs x classic KH x Yakuza. xD

Honestly, this was what I was thinking. He and Eraqus passed on into Quadratum. They've found their friends and are living a pretty chill life being reborn in Quadratum. It would be a nice send off for them all after Dark Road.

Or they remember and Sora finds Xehanort at a boba shop and the dude taunts him with a sarcastic "wow I can't believe I was right *sips tea*"
Bet Xehanort, Eraqus, and their friends would have a pretty sweet penthouse in Quadratum. Hell, they could be Sora and Strelitzia's next door neighbors, lol

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
Bet Xehanort, Eraqus, and their friends would have a pretty sweet penthouse in Quadratum. Hell, they could be Sora and Strelitzia's next door neighbors, lol
Omg now that you’ve mentioned it, I can totally see Nomura bringing back Xehanort and Eraqus in Quadratum if it’s the KH equivalent to the afterlife

Back