• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Realistically there shouldn't be anyway Kairi can deal with the Foretellers due to how far behind she is to everyone else right now. But since this is a video game franchise if she's playable then winning is a option regardless. This is why I wish they didn't put so much attention on her "training"
Well if she has her own game, getting herself strong enough would be part of the journey.

The damned thing about Kairi is that theorically she should be the strongest one of them all. She's the only one who is both a keyblade wielder and a PoH at the same time, a power combo unmatched. Of course the series has yet to acknowledge this. Oh, it has acknowledged her being a wielder and being a POH, but not being BOTH. Doing would just call further attention to how absurdly she's been written.

Chie

Awards
Even a single scene spent suggesting that "power levels" might exist is a scene wasted. Kairi and any other character who might be interesting to play as should go out in the field as main protagonist, immediately.

Awards
Why does it feel like people who don't want Marvel and SW in KH never really have an actual good reason for why?

From what I've seen, anyway.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why does it feel like people who don't want Marvel and SW in KH never really have an actual good reason for why?

See, I would understand this perspective if it was the Xehanort saga because the origins of that saga started back when Disney was entirely in-house.

But now that we're in a new saga, it's time to change things up. If Star Wars and Marvel can be integrated then Square Enix should give it a shot now.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Truthfully I don't want them because Disney doesn't seem to know what to do with those franchises. They got lucky with Marvel having someone who knew, liked and had the ability to uplift even the most unpopular characters like Iron Man and the Avengers who it may be hard to believe now, but only 2 decades ago most people avoided their books until the later 2000s.

Chie

Awards
For me I'm just very repulsed by the whole "marvel movie scene" and how Disney handles these movie franchises, from creation to marketing to distribution. I'm sure I don't need to list all the reasons why, people should know by now. Putting Star Wars and Marvel in KH? Sounds awesome. Putting Star Wars VII-IX or MCU in KH? That's much more culturally loaded to me and falls into the "advertising new thing > thematically appropriate choice" hole.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

My reason (for the MCU anyway) is that it's such a huge franchise with so many different connected parts. It also opens up the door for DISNEY to use whichever newest KH game as an advertising tool for an upcoming film. I would rather world selection be focused on the main plot of the KH game and how the world fits in that game's story.

Even at a huge stretch, all the worlds selected in KH3 worked at some level as part of the main plot. Toy Box and San Fransokyo were used as research for replicas/bringing Xion back (also Toy Box was Verum Rex), Corona and Arendelle introduced new PoH and showed Sora actual death/sacrifice, Monstropolis showed the emotions (screams) being used to bring back Vanitas, Olympus was Sora trying to regain his strength, and The Caribbean focused on death again (and the black box).

I would welcome an animated/comic version of MARVEL in KH. Just as long as it was one character/group for example Spider-Man or X-Men. Honestly, visually it would be way more fun to visit a comic book style MARVEL world than a live action one.

Speaking of visually, I also don't think the MARVEL worlds would really be interesting to visit - since it's always a city. KH succeeds because it's exploring film locations - it's like being in a film. None of the MCU films have locations that would really make me wish I could explore in a KH game. But then that opens up the issue of KH using FILMS and not comics. I think films work best for KH because they are contained stories.

Honestly, the best MCU film that I think can fit into KH is the Sakaar segment of Thor: RAGNAROK. Sora can crash land on the planet, they meet Thor then get captured. You get a Hulk boss fight. Then the plot continues until the revolution happens. A giant heartless appears. Sora, Hulk and Thor kill it. Then Thor escapes to go back to Asgard while Sora goes his own way.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Also people keep forgetting that Big Hero 6 is a Marvel property. A heavily Disney-fied Marvel property now, but a Marvel property nonetheless.

khkid

Awards
Missing Link may be a mobile game, but at least it's 3D. Fucking finally. Hope it ends up on consoles like Genshin did, I guess.

And Sora has completed his transition from Disney Boi to FF lad. Lookin' sharp.

Why does the new Darkside look like CHAOS
I hope Aladdin shows up in kh4

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
They probably going to make him mute just like they did to Phil in KH3. It would be far more polarising here though considering the fact that Iago is a very loud, chatterbox type of character.

I prefer they don't do that, and find someone worthy of being a successor to the great Gilbert Gottfried. A silent Iago just..seems very wrong.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
They probably going to make him mute just like they did to Phil in KH3. It would be far more polarising here though considering the fact that Iago is a very loud, chatterbox type of character.

I prefer they don't do that, and find someone worthy of being a successor to the great Gilbert Gottfried. A silent Iago just..seems very wrong.
Isn't that something they do for Japanese VA's that pass away? I don't know if they would do that

khkid

Awards

that's going to be a hard cause Gilbert was the original voice
you can't find anyone better than him

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Keeping a character voiceless is very much a Japanese thing. Plenty of actors on the American side of Disney have passed away over the years, and they were quicky replaced by Disney Character Voices (Mickey seems the most obvious example) It's awful what happened to Gilbert, but it won't stop him from being replaced by a soundalike someday.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
James Woods was unavailable for one episode of house and Rob Paulsen voiced Hades for that episode. So the only time Gilbert wouldn't have voiced Iago was if he were unavailable. Alan Tudyk voiced Iago in the live action film.

Back