• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
Yeah but this figure is really big and the coat is the same design as the MoM's...and come on no way Nomura is passing up revealing MoM's face in "KH:MoM".

This actually I think further cements this is building up to the Verum Rex stuff, in the secret ending we saw Riku, Sora, and the MoM all there. It's probably that Kairi and Riku meet MoM in MoM and then he goes with them or directs them to Verum Rex which is how he gets there/involved with what is going on.

Henryp

Awards
Wow seems like this game is already hated and it just have been announced. And I felt I was being negative for wanting more Kairi.

I don't mind the reuse of the ps2 assets because it means it can be multiplatform, it can be launched quickly and that we can go back to iconic worlds and scenes of the games. It is not like this game was promised, so I'll take it as at the very least it seems fun.

In a couple of years, let's see for how many people this game becomes their favorite.

TheZX

Awards
You'd think they would've used the Unreal models for the melody game.

SuperNova

Awards
You know, I was pretty certain this was gonna be a rhythm game when the logo was leaked yesterday..but to see it be a reality just makes me feel resigned to the madness. Nomura's insanity knows no bounds, and I will gladly open my wallet as the insane fan that I am. Let's go Nomura, hit me with your worst shot, I am ready.

Awards
You know, I was pretty certain this was gonna be a rhythm game when the logo was leaked yesterday..but to see it be a reality just makes me feel resigned to the madness. Nomura's insanity knows no bounds, and I will gladly open my wallet as the insane fan that I am. Let's go Nomura, hit me with your worst shot, I am ready.
I mean, he ain't the first to do it.

Persona did it before him.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
People before: "Why did they use this new art style for KH3, it looked better before" and "god I hate the Theatrhythm chibis, the normal style is better"

People now: "Why didn't they use the KH3 style ugh" and "BRING BACK THE CHIBIS"

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Setting aside whether or not this will do justice for Kairi or not for a moment, a game like this is pretty good considering we just got Re:Mind a few months ago and we’re in the midst of a global pandemic. It’d be different if this was the next game and it wasn’t coming out until late 2021/2022, but this is just around the corner and it’s the 3rd KH project releasing in less than a year. I hope people can just enjoy it for what it is while we wait for the next major installment.

As far as the graphics go, I’m glad they’re sticking with the OG art style as a callback to the games the music comes from. I’d rather that than them devote the time and resources to recreating all those assets just for this instead of working on the next standard KH game.

Henryp

Awards
Right, cos Quantity over Quality right? Man, I'm tired of this all xD

I would agree with you that I much rather have a PS exclusive game with the best graphics ever than reused assets IF this was something in the vein of KH2-3. Being a side game, even if it contains plot progression, about playing through iconic KH music, I don't mind it having worse graphics if that means they can make the game they want. It is not like this was a super awaited game for the fanbase that have been in development for years. It's a game probably meant to be more fun than important, mostly unexpected. and that will arrive way shorter than any other "important, amazing graphics" game.

Also, seeing the pixar under the logo, we may see the KH3 assets in the worlds belonging to that game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You'd think they would've used the Unreal models for the melody game.

There are two more unannounced Kingdom Hearts games coming up if we assume the two blank boxes in the title montage are games. Then, there's also the fact that this game is on the Nintendo Switch so maybe it's also a performance preference, too?

D

Deleted member 252753

When I read people talking about a rhythm game I hated the idea but when I finally watched the trailer with sound I am actually looking forward to playing it. If it isn't too hard I think it could be quite fun and relaxing. Also it offers a glimmer of hope that I can finally get my partner to play a Kingdom Hearts game lol.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
There will always be games that have nostalgic art direction, whether it's sprites, low-polygon models, etc. I can appreciate that. That being said, these look rather polished. I'm not sure what assets they utilized. Re:coded's cinematics? Which I still haven't seen.

This is just one of those moments where I'm allowing myself to enjoy a KH rhythm game for what it is, and not some contrived, canonical Kairi epic.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
When I read people talking about a rhythm game I hated the idea but when I finally watched the trailer with sound I am actually looking forward to playing it. If it isn't too hard I think it could be quite fun and relaxing. Also it offers a glimmer of hope that I can finally get my partner to play a Kingdom Hearts game lol.
It looks a lot like Theatrhythm (you can see the music note difficulty symbol next to the song title, even)
It's likely being developed by that team.
So there'll be various difficulties, the lowest of which will likely be easy enough for anyone to play.

AegisXIII

Awards
I am happy to see it on switch. Looks like the compilation is just a matter of time now. But where on earth is PC?

LostArtist

Awards
definitely getting the switch version. I'm stupidly excited for this 🤦‍♂️

This part is satisfying

Last edited:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
quick Kairi Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3.1 trailer translation, some stuff is probs wrong but L O L

Japanese script said:
[text]
そして
"記憶の旋律"に秘められ市
"彼の"最後の計画ー

[Xehanort]
たどり着く世界がこちら側の光でも闇でもなく
裏側の世界だった場合、見つけ出す良いではなくなる

[Kairi]
あなたのせいで私の運命は不運道される
私の力が足りないせいだ、みんなよ、ソラが傷ついた
今、目の前にあなたがたとい記憶の幻であっても。。。
私はあなたを許さない

I think it said:
[Text]
"His" final plan lies hidden in the "melody of memories"...

[Xehanort]
The world you'll reach has no light or darkness on this side.
You can go to the other side, but you won't be ready for what you find there.

[Kairi]
It's your fault that my destiny went so wrong.
I couldn't protect Sora, or everyone else... because I wasn't strong enough.
Even if you're just a vision yanked from my memories...
I won't forgive you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back