• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory logo found in Dark Road website

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

the red monster

Awards
please not another mobile game, i'm so tired of this.
if the franchise is gonna take the mobile turn over consoles i might lose interest. UX and Dark road are more than enough, i can't take another game being on mobile over consoles.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At this point I feel so sorry for Nomura. I know I‘d be very frustrated, sad and angry.
Anyways, I just hope it‘s a console game which isn‘t exclusive to one particular console. That‘s all.

Nomura must be used to this by now. SE has been leaking his game since 2017 with the public FTP file leak. But yeah, he has to be upset because it should be easy to keep secret. Why was this even accessible from a mobile game’s website?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So here are my thoughts about this game:

Melody of Memories will be about Kairi trying to reach Sora's heart by traversing through her memories. The reason she's asleep is not because of using sleep to try and reach the Final World, but because she will reexperience her memories through sleep and will somehow use Naminé's help.

Like Spock said: "Melody = hearts in tune"

Henryp

Awards
Maybe they will incorporate something related to music to the core mechanic rather that make a rhythm game, like DDD did with the drop mechanic or more extreme CoM did with the cards. Can end up being disastrous either way.

If it is not for Ps/Xbox/Pc, I much rather prefer a good mobile game than a Switch game. I think the switch is highly overpriced when you are not interested in most Nintendo exclusive franchise. They can put out a good, paid mobile game and not a gacha type like Ux/Dr.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder how long it will be before we hear something official. I can’t imagine it could be too far off if this logo would have been visible once the Dark Road website launches and if industry people have already been hearing about it. Maybe by the end of June?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe they will incorporate something related to music to the core mechanic rather that make a rhythm game, like DDD did with the drop mechanic or more extreme CoM did with the cards. Can end up being disastrous either way.

I think a musical mechanic that is comparable to the Reality Shifts from DDD (Symphony of Sorcery in particular) could be cool. We would still have the normal KH gameplay for battles, but the musical element could be used for level progression or to use special attacks.

Or we just have more musical cutscenes, which I’m here for.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Guys it’s (probably) not a rhythm game, it’s surely is not a mobile game.
How can you be so sure? It is on the site for another mobile game after all.

Melody of Memories will be about Kairi trying to reach Sora's heart by traversing through her memories. The reason she's asleep is not because of using sleep to try and reach the Final World, but because she will reexperience her memories through sleep and will somehow use Naminé's help.

Having a brainstorm moment here,
Kairi going through Sora's memories=old worlds
Roxas/Xion going through existing data=old worlds
Mickey/Donald/Goofy=literally going to the old worlds

In theory, they could do a multi-protagonist game with these 3 branches if the same Disney worlds are visited by all of them.

If it is not for Ps/Xbox/Pc, I much rather prefer a good mobile game than a Switch game. I think the switch is highly overpriced when you are not interested in most Nintendo exclusive franchise. They can put out a good, paid mobile game and not a gacha type like Ux/Dr.
Now there's a hot take. Frankly, I like portable KH & hate to see it only continue on as mobile titles with touch controls. Besides, Switch has plenty of 3rd party games worth playing as well & is the only game left in town for proper portable gaming.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In this case, I will be hogging Roxas for that.

INSTA KILL! 🐢
200.gif

Guys it’s (probably) not a rhythm game, it’s surely is not a mobile game.
B-B-But music word! ;A;

Oomg guys it all makes sense now!!!!
Spoiler Spoiler Show
*slams table* I demand this be the reason!

Xagzan

Awards
Would be a severe, but not wholly surprising disappointment if the Kairi game turned out to be another ****ing mobile.

NoWay

Awards
If this was the Kairi game, how would they design the gameplay? What do you think/hope?

I really hope that they stick with the KH3 gameplay in general but also experiment a lot with new mechanics. I’m not sure if I want the traditional DDD/BBB esque command menu to return.

I really liked playing as Kairi in ReMind and need to see more of that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Would be a severe, but not wholly surprising disappointment if the Kairi game turned out to be another ****ing mobile.
I'm of the opinion that Kairi is incapable of carrying a fully-fleshed out console game by herself so her being relegated to mobile or a rhythm game isn't a bad idea.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What if it were like Oogie's Revenge? Where the gameplay is the same but the boss fights have music numbers and stuff?
Wouldn't be just bossfights. They'd incorporate it into regular battles.

Ugh, rhythm mini-games in an RPG, that's giving me Sonic Chronicles flashbacks.

If this was the Kairi game, how would they design the gameplay? What do you think/hope?

I really hope that they stick with the KH3 gameplay in general but also experiment a lot with new mechanics. I’m not sure if I want the traditional DDD/BBB esque command menu to return.

I really liked playing as Kairi in ReMind and need to see more of that.
Well assuming it's a full action game & set in dream worlds. then Dream Eaters are probably coming back. A shame because I want Kairi to have Disney party members of her own.

I'm of the opinion that Kairi is incapable of carrying a fully-fleshed out console game by herself so her being relegated to mobile or a rhythm game isn't a bad idea.
I don't think a lot of us ever believed it would be a Kairi solo game but a multi-character game like BBS or DDD.

Xagzan

Awards

My opinion is she would be, assuming a competent writer. At the very least a multi-character game, that would make it even simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back