• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory logo found in Dark Road website

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
MOM could also potentially be Mark of Mastery? There’s a number of characters who could potentially be ready to take the test. Terra, Ventus, Kairi, Lea, Roxas, Xion, and Sora are all wielders who aren’t masters. If it truly is DDD vol 2, character(s) taking the Mark of Mastery could work well.
I doubt it because I personally believe the bolded have been written out of the series for one or more games and, traditionally, a game where protagonists undertook the Mark of Mastery had them all be playable.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Forget the Mark of Mastery. Nobody that would be the main character of this game would be in a position to do it. Kairi is not ready at all. In fact, KH3 reinforced that she was not prepared to protect Sora like she wanted.

The other characters don't need to do it. Lea, Roxas, and Xion are not traditional wielders.

Ven is probably not going to do it. The MoM actively led to the divide between TAV.

Sora is crystal or stuck somewhere atm. He isn't doing shit.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just imagine if the Reaper Game was secretly Sora's MoM exam this entire time, lol

Seriously though I could see Kairi saving Sora acting as her own Master Exam. Yen Sid may feel she is worthy of the title after that

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Ooh this is exciting.

Maybe the "Melody" in the title is a reference to it being symphonic, like multiple stories together or something. Think BBS or DDD but with Riku and Kairi, maybe even scenes showing what the rest of the cast are doing too.

After all, the logo has connections to Chain of Memories (similar color scheme), the Final World (the reflection), the titles without Sora (long K and S), and weren't the Twilight Town gang going to look into Roxas and Xion's memories or something as well? Memories seem to be a major plot point for the next game either way.

Or it's Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts and we were all pranked into thinking Kairi would actually have a playable game. Lol.

Rii

Awards
I doubt it because I personally believe the bolded have been written out of the series for one or more games and, traditionally, a game where protagonists undertook the Mark of Mastery had them all be playable.

Theoretically, assuming it is the Exam, I don’t think all seven of the characters I listed would be involved. It would likely only be 2.

As for writing characters out, I think Nomura set it up so that he could write any and all of the characters out for now, but still has enough leeway that he could also bring back any that he wants to play an important role in the next saga.

Forget the Mark of Mastery. Nobody that would be the main character of this game would be in a position to do it. Kairi is not ready at all. In fact, KH3 reinforced that she was not prepared to protect Sora like she wanted.

The other characters don't need to do it. Lea, Roxas, and Xion are not traditional wielders.

Ven is probably not going to do it. The MoM actively led to the divide between TAV.

Sora is crystal or stuck somewhere atm. He isn't doing shit.

I guess it depends on where this game picks up. Is it immediately after the events of Re:Mind, or has some time passed? It would make sense to me that Kairi went back in Merlin’s time vortex to train more before going to find Sora.

It could also not actually be the exam, but could be some sort of training for the exam. Yen Sid could give Kairi the instruction that, should she succeed in freeing Sora, it will be time for her to take the Exam.

Just spitballing ideas, anything could happen honestly.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Crazy idea but what if the enemies in Shibuya/Shinjuku are called Melodies? The enemy group in TWEWY were also named after sounds

GreyouTT

Awards
I'm guessing this is the road map for the series:

- Melody of Memories (A smallish plot that's just triangulating Sora's position in the multiverse)

- Unnamed title (The Shibuya/Shinjuku game)

- KH4 (ties in UX and DR stuff)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope we’re done with Mark of Mastery exam for a while. It seems like a trivial test at this point considering everything they’ve all gone through. And Yen Sid should have learned his lesson in DDD about throwing kids into dangerous situations for the sake of a test that used to be directly supervised by other Keyblade Masters and lasted all of 15 minutes. I’m not saying we should never see it come into play again; I just don’t think it should drive the plot of any more games. The personal stakes calling the characters to action are enough for me.

As for the title, since the melody is the main tune in music, it would be cool if this has a reverse/rebirth type scenario called “Harmony of Heart” or something as the harmony complements the melody.

Awards
Oh, just please don't be another mobile game or another recycled assets game (CoM and Coded).

I need console games that actually further the plot and develop the characters. Please.

Awards
Whatever it is, I hope it's not mobile. But considering it was on Dark Road's website along with "Android version" and "Apple version"...I'll be pretty miffed if they replaced "handheld" with "mobile". All it'll do is spark more complaints.

But at the same time it could be a console game...I hope.

But I'll laugh if the "Melody" part doesn't mean anything related to music.

Edit: Oh, Android and Apple tags are for browser optimization purposes? Nvm then

Last edited:

Violet Pluto

Awards
Nomura, you mad lad. You've finally made the musical game you wanted to
OH NO
Lore Mandatory Rhythm Game...
Shudders
For my own sake I hope I'm wrong. I see that going either one of two ways. At best we have Guitar Hero 3. At worst we have Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. Besides that I hope if it is a LMRG that the songs are fantastic. And not something to fill space like Finny fun.
@Zip to be fair the Mark of Mastery in DDD was partially a test but also served to restore sleeping worlds back to reality and it was only because it was hijacked that it became as dangerous as it did.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Huh.. Didn't see that coming. My money's on this being the Kairi game, but I don't mind if it turns out to something related to Roxas and Xion

disney233

Awards
Nomura, you mad lad. You've finally made the musical game you wanted to
It's a Disney game, all things considered...like as a Disney buff....this excites me for some reason. Like....imagine Kairi singing like the basically Disney Princess she i-TIME OUT IMAGINE VEN OR ROXAS SINGING! Shit man I legit want a musical, too.

NoWay

Awards
I don’t want any of this musical or rhythm stuff to happen. Atlantica was enough.

I really hope the title is not related to any gameplay mechanics, but to the lore itself.

Muke

whatever
Awards
At this point I feel so sorry for Nomura. I know I‘d be very frustrated, sad and angry.
Anyways, I just hope it‘s a console game which isn‘t exclusive to one particular console. That‘s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back