• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory logo found in Dark Road website

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
My opinion is she would be, assuming a competent writer. At the very least a multi-character game, that would make it even simpler.
I'm afraid I don't have as much faith in the writing team after how they've wasted her character over the past decade or so lol. But her being one of multiple scenario leads would be a fine option as well. As Kairi is right now, I think it would be a mistake to give her the opportunity to lead a 30+ hour game immediately. Work their way up like they did with Riku or Roxas and it could be executed well, but if it's just more of the same and Kairi doesn't grow as a character and continues to revolve entirely around Sora, then I'd rather other characters have gotten this chance.

SuperNova

Awards
If this is indeed the Kairi game that we've been speculating, then it would make complete sense that she would get a smaller scale game than a full blown title. Considering how botched her character arc was in KH3 I don't trust Kairi's character being enough to sell a major entry. So a smaller title focusing on her would be a really safe bet.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If it is a Kairi game, I hope she gets a significant character overhaul. I’m talking more personality, a new look, and maybe even a new voice actor. I thought Alyson was fine as Xion, but Kairi really needs her own voice. Sign is right that KH3 Kairi just isn’t interesting enough to carry her own game. The game itself could prove us wrong on that, but I think it would be a tough sell.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If this is truly DDD Volume 2 please don't let it be a mobile game. Go for the Switch.

Kairi deserves better

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Nomura must be used to this by now. SE has been leaking his game since 2017 with the public FTP file leak. But yeah, he has to be upset because it should be easy to keep secret. Why was this even accessible from a mobile game’s website?
I imagine the Dark Road site was going to link to the Melody of Memory site.
Which would necessitate that MoM is announced before the DR site officially launches, and we do have a game coming "surprisingly soon," so it kind of lines up.

AegisXIII

Awards
Why are you all so certain it will be a Kairi game? There is not even a glimpse of doubt in some posts.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why are you all so certain it will be a Kairi game? There is not even a glimpse of doubt in some posts.
Nomura said in an interview when the KH3 DLC came out that the change to the title screen was a hint to the next game. & what changed about KH3's title screen? Kairi was added to it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
How can you be so sure? It is on the site for another mobile game after all.
Yet another mobile game in the already sorta bloated mobile presence KH has doesn't convince me. Why make Dark Road into something small inside KHUx with an even unique battle system, but make MoM perhaps an independent mobile game?

Because it isn't a mobile game. It's gonna be its own thing.

Having a brainstorm moment here,
Kairi going through Sora's memories=old worlds
Roxas/Xion going through existing data=old worlds
Mickey/Donald/Goofy=literally going to the old worlds

In theory, they could do a multi-protagonist game with these 3 branches if the same Disney worlds are visited by all of them.
I'm more inclined to believe they would be more willing to make a MDG game rather than RAX.

If this was the Kairi game, how would they design the gameplay? What do you think/hope?
Like whatever they had in mind with Re:MIND, to be honest. Or make her the Aqua of SRK.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yet another mobile game in the already sorta bloated mobile presence KH has doesn't convince me. Why make Dark Road into something small inside KHUx with an even unique battle system, but make MoM perhaps an independent mobile game?

Because it isn't a mobile game. It's gonna be its own thing.
We're talking about the same company where Dissidia Opera Omnia, Record Keeper, & Brave Exvius all use the same sales pitch of "build your dream all-star FF party". There's no such thing as overkill when it comes to mobile.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm more inclined to believe they would be more willing to make a MDG game rather than RAX.

I actually think the animated series may cover what MDG is doing post-KH3, but I agree that a RAX game is not as likely as the other options.

Frankly if we have to revisit old worlds in every game before the next numbered entry, I think the fanbase would implode on itself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We're talking about the same company where Dissidia Opera Omnia, Record Keeper, & Brave Exvius all use the same sales pitch of "build your dream all-star FF party". There's no such thing as overkill when it comes to mobile.
You're comparing the FINAL FANTASY franchise to KINGDOM HEARTS, tho. They're entirely different brands in the sense that FF has a plethora of universes per each individual entry. KH has to follow a more structural sense.

I actually think the animated series may cover what MDG is doing post-KH3,
That's actually a good idea. It makes sense to use Mickey to carry the series with some good pull from the Mouse.

but I agree that a RAX game is not as likely as the other options.
I'm a sucker for a 358/2 Days Part II, with the same mission structure , but you get to play as either Roxas, Xion, Axel or Isa (some mandartory utilization of X character in a mission), but I don't see Square that invested into making more KH games that aren't either a direct lead up to KHIV or mainline KH.

Frankly if we have to revisit old worlds in every game before the next numbered entry, I think the fanbase would implode on itself.
I was gonna say the exact same thing, lol. I think KHUx has a fault in that haha

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I get why people are reluctant to believe that Kairi can be handled well after they've botched her for so long, and KHIII was what it was, but she honestly has more potential and interesting things about her than any other character in the series. And it always baffles me when people can't see that. I know the argument is that the writers still won't be able to capitalize on that... but for the chance of getting a glimmer of what she can offer, I'll--perhaps foolishly--get back into the ring again. And, yes... while I do think it's going to be a Riku and Kairi (and Yozora?) game, and that's fine, part of me is going to be kind of sad if she never gets her own game. Kairi deserves better. Edit: And I think a Kairi game would sell, because most casuals only play for the gameplay and Disney now (also, oddly enough, TV Tropes says girl Disney fans like Kairi), anyway. Really, only Sora games sell better now. People don't even care about Riku and Roxas like they once did. And casuals seem to like Kairi. And Kairi seems to be becoming more and more popular.

And if the next game is a Riku and Kairi game... I would like to believe that might fix some of Kairi's issues right there. Yes, I imagine that Kairi and Riku will talk about Sora a lot. In fact, it might eclipse the number of times "darkness" was said in Chain of Memories. But if we have even a little focus on their relationship, that's already better right there. Just give me how they were in KHII, and I'll be happy. I want more, of course, but I'd be satisfied with that level of Riku and Kairi friendship--as that was their best game together, imo.

I am also praying that Nomura learned something from writing Aerith and Tifa in the FFVII Remake. But especially Aerith. Because as many people have pointed out, I think she's what they were going for with Kairi.I also wouldn't be opposed to some awesome Kairi writer coming back and helping Nomura. I kind of agree with Black Drazon, that you could tell writers were fighting over Kairi in KHII. One wanted her to go on her own adventure to find the boys, and the other wanted her to wait on the Islands like a good little girl. Nomura was surely the latter. So was Nojima the former? If so, can we get him or whoever it was back?

Also, Eddawiz on YouTube made the good point that Kairi's attacks in Re:Mind sounded like the piano.

...And on the small chance that this is both a singing and Kairi game, I'd be more than fine with that. Both Hayden and Alyson can sing:) ...Though I still want Hayden back for Kairi, and I'll die on this hill. Even though I have no disrespect towards Alyson and love her as Xion. I think she also had some decent Kairi moments in III--probably better than ever before--and if it is Alyson going forward (which it probably will be), she just needs to practice at it more (and read some of Kairi's lines as sassy, please) and/or have better direction.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
I don't really think we are getting another RAX game anytime soon, considering Nomura said he didn't want to "repeat the same mistakes." So I doubt Square will want THAT many bridge games before KH4. RAX is probably either going to play a part in this game or not a part at all until whatever happens with Subject X.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You're comparing the FINAL FANTASY franchise to KINGDOM HEARTS, tho. They're entirely different brands in the sense that FF has a plethora of universes per each individual entry. KH has to follow a more structural sense.
KH hasn't followed structural sense since CoM. Of course they can make more phone games, don't kid yourself into believing some presumed limit to those.

Henryp

Awards
How can you be so sure? It is on the site for another mobile game after all.

Having a brainstorm moment here,
Kairi going through Sora's memories=old worlds
Roxas/Xion going through existing data=old worlds
Mickey/Donald/Goofy=literally going to the old worlds

In theory, they could do a multi-protagonist game with these 3 branches if the same Disney worlds are visited by all of them.

Now there's a hot take. Frankly, I like portable KH & hate to see it only continue on as mobile titles with touch controls. Besides, Switch has plenty of 3rd party games worth playing as well & is the only game left in town for proper portable gaming.

Yeah, I understand the Switch isn't bad at all and have good games in general, I didn't meant to say it's a bad console nor anaything. But true be told their high franchises are the Nintendo ones, like with every Nintendo instalment.

Thing is, I already suffered enough with the DS/PSP/3DS games era to get myself around to play all the games. Buying a new console every time a new KH game launch is something expensive, specially for people like me, who are not that interested in the other games the platform offers, and usually comes with its own share of limitations due to be developed for a new hardware, etc. If it is just a spin-off game, that wouldn't matter. But seeing BBS and DDD, any KH game would probably be almost as important as a numbered title.

What I meant about preferring it on mobile, it's because it is easier that the players already own a mobile/tablet to play it. If they decide to do a Switch launch and then port it to Ps/Xbox that would be great also. After all the remixes, I hope they know it is better to at least have an option of having everything in the same place.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KH hasn't followed structural sense since CoM. Of course they can make more phone games, don't kid yourself into believing some presumed limit to those.
I never said they can't, just that it wouldn't be as easy as FINAL FANTASY. Dissidia Opera Onmnia is based on the Dissidia spinoff; Record Keeper is an homage to the franchise; Brave Exvius is its own thing. KH mobile games, up until now, have been related to the KH universe itself (from KHx to KH ReMIND). There hasn't been a spinoff so detached from the mainline that it has nothing to do with it, nor has it gotten a series homage.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I haven't commented here yet. If I had to guess what this game is I am leaning towards a Kairi game? I don't know. If it is Riku and Namine seem like they'd be there too. It has memory in the title so if Namine isn't in it, then what a slap in the face that would be :( I could be totally wrong and it has nothing to do with Kairi. There's not enough info for me to get excited about or speculate.

Don't think this is a TAV game, but would find it funny if it were from the title. Don't think this is a RAX game even though Roxas and Xion are under memory scanning, but if it is a RAX game I'll scream for my dream.

Anyone else feel like the title sounds like a Demyx style attack? Just me? Sounds like something he would attack with.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can someone explain to me why people suddenly WANT a console exclusive KH game?

There's been a lot of demand for KH on Switch for years. That isn't new. Many fans don't really care about all the problems that arose from the previous games being split up, or SE repeatedly saying that they've learned their lesson; they just want it because they want it lol

People are also still accustomed to "smaller games" referring to handheld entries, in which case the Switch would be the only option. IMO, smaller scale games on console like Uncharted: Lost Legacy or the upcoming Spider-Man: Miles Morales make much more sense than Switch exclusives, but that's not necessarily the first thing people think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back