• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory logo found in Dark Road website

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

palizinhas

Awards
Once Upon a Time's Frozen storyline was really funny, because I think Disney didn't want Anna and Elsa to wear modern clothes, so Elsa just spends 11 episodes walking around in her Frozen dress despite being in a normal modern town.

SuperNova

Awards
If that stranglehold Disney has on Frozen still exists, instead of getting Elsa and Anna in a party with Sora, I could imagine getting that one random reindeer guy that was shown in like two scenes. And three obligatory songs of course, with a fully CGI version of Into the Unknown with Sora just randomly running around town saying "Wow!" as Elsa sings her heart out.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Huh, well that explains things a bit more. Never knew about the whole John Lasseter thing. I doubt Arendelle will be nearly as bad as it was if it's in KH4. The whole tone and potential party members being more capable and Elsa using her powers freely (Wasn't it mentioned Elsa being afraid of her powers being one of the many reasons Disney was like nah no party with her? You can't mess with the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!)lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Talking about "Memory", am I the only one thinking about Marluxia/Lauriam, as well as the rest of the cast of UX? Ventus, Lauriam and Subject X all are confirmed to have some memory problems. Would be cool if this game finally connects the UX plot with the Shibuya plot.
It's crossed my mind that it could be about everyone involved with Chain of Memories/Castle Oblivion.

And he's almost definitely got a secret identity like Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene. Out of interest, are there any other Demyx theories going? I have only heard the MoM and some unknown person from Yozora's world as suggestions. (Sorry if this too off-topic).
I've seen someone suggest Demyx is Mog, and I'd very much rather he be this kid than MoM.
171px-Mog_KHX.png

D

Deleted member 252753

To be clear, I was joking and mainly just wanted to stir up conversation on the Frozen 2 subject to find out where the tidbit of info came from. Lol

I don’t personally think he’s the MoM, but I could see there being a connection between them. I think the idea of him being MoM is funny, but wouldn’t be that great in execution. I’d rather see him come more into focus as a more prominent comic relief character than anything else.

But he is somehow connected to the ancient Keyblade legacy in some way, so we’ll have to go down that road eventually.
Ah sorry for misunderstanding.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’m not getting my hopes up this won’t simply be a mobile game—which I wouldn’t be able to play and have no interest in following the news info for. If this were a Kairi solo game, the only thing that would get me to buy such a monstrosity, and I do mean only, is if The Little Mermaid is one of the worlds. lol

Part of me feels like this is going to be a SoKai game. Something about the K of "Kingdom" and the S of "Hearts" stretching to nearly touch in the center gives me that feeling. I'm so not here for full-blown focus on that disastrous ship. That will make me jump out of this franchise real fast.

Last edited:

jacklak

Awards
I get the Demyx/MOM theory since they have similar personalities. The characters have different voice actors though. This obviously isn't a big Kingdom Hearts deal since body swapping is a thing...but think about it. We've been told Demyx has a connection to "the ancient Keyblade war". So people keep waiting for him to show up in Union X, but we've already seen the Master in this time period, and he didn't sound like Demyx. And now because of Remind we've seen the Master with Xehanort..again not Demyx's voice. This is after Union X time too. So then how is the Demyx we know connected to the Keyblade war and also the Master..it just doesn't make sense.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Part of me feels like this is going to be a SoKai game. Something about the K of "Kingdom" and the S of "Hearts" stretching to nearly touch in the center gives me that feeling. I'm so not here for full-blown focus on that disastrous ship. That will make me jump out of this franchise real fast.
I remember when I was 12 years old and thought that the K and S would "kiss" in KH3's logo and that means Sora and Kairi would kiss

Elysium

Awards
I remember when I was 12 years old and thought that the K and S would "kiss" in KH3's logo and that means Sora and Kairi would kiss
I suppose this is intended to be a smartalek comment, right? I would get annoyed, but this seems pretty routine coming from you and I don't intend to let you bother me.

But anyway the letters don't look the same on KH3's logo, and we do know Kairi is supposed to play a big role in finding Sora. I wouldn't be surprising if it's a 3D sequel where the two playable characters are Sora and Kairi this time, which was my point.

SuperNova

Awards
The common consensus on the game logos is that the elongated "K" and "S" in "Kingdom Hearts" are for games that Sora is not the protagonist/main playable character in. So I wouldn't be surprised if this indeed starred Kairi or just turned out to be another concert.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards

Apparently there's a pattern whenever the letters "K" and "S" are longer on the logo, Sora isn't the main character of that game.
DoXyTkrXkAEIKrC.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I suppose this is intended to be a smartalek comment, right? I would get annoyed, but this seems pretty routine coming from you and I don't intend to let you bother me.
Huh? I was just sharing an anecdote from my childhood because your post reminded me of it. I wasn't trying to annoy you or be a smartalek or anything.

Edit: I found the thread I made about it https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?threads/it-all-starts-with-a-k-and-an-s.110036/. BRB, cringing at how awful I was at posting when I was barely a teenager.

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
Apparently there's a pattern whenever the letters "K" and "S" are longer on the logo, Sora isn't the main character of that game.
DoXyTkrXkAEIKrC.jpg
Oh, interesting. I suppose Nomura must've done that on purpose, but I'd never even noticed it. Thank you!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Hmm "Melody of Memory" I'm actually curious about this title and whether this is the supposed DDD 2 we've been talking about for months. But as what @Oracle Spockanort and @Ballad of Caius brought up "Melody = hearts in tune", which means that it's going to focus on Kairi traversing through her memories to find Sora.

I wonder if the Sleeping Worlds from the Realm of Sleep in Dream Drop Distance will return or whether we experience a new world realm different than the worlds seen in the Realm of Light, Sleep, etc. in previous installments.

...Nah. The reason Frozen was so bad was because it was such a big property. Disney probably thought they could advertise it in KH for Frozen 2. If you want better Frozen in KH it will have to be a part totally unconnected to the movies, like how Nightmare Before Christmas was. Personally I don't want it back as I loathe Frozen, but I feel it's problems were the fault of Disney this time.
Frankly, I think, the world is bound to come back in Kingdom Hearts IV along with Toy Box (Toy Story), in fact they seem to be the two KH3 Disney worlds that are bound to return compared to Monstropolis, Kingdom of Corona and San Fransokyo.

I would prefer to keep Frozen 2 for KH4 if possible, the Frozen world in KH3 really left a sour taste in my mouth and they need every chance they can get to fix it in a bigger title :sick:
That's what I'm expecting, Arendelle (Frozen II) is likely going to be saved for KHIV, much like how Port Royal/The Caribbean when it debuted in Kingdom Hearts II adapting the first film, was saved again for Kingdom Hearts III to adapt the events of the third film.

DoXyTkrXkAEIKrC.jpg
Thanks for bringing this up and taking the words right out of my mouth it seems that the ONLY games that have the letters "K" and "S" are longer on the logo are: 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, 0.2 BBS, χ, χ Back Cover, Unchained χ /Union χ, Dark Road, and now "Melody of Memory"

Although it's worth noting that for DDD and to a degree Coded the letters of "K" and "S" are somewhere in the middle, as while Sora is the protagonist of those games they seem to focus more on the other characters (e.g. Riku in DDD) than Sora himself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I honestly wonder what goes through Nomura's mind when he designs a KH "spinoff" logo. "lemme make these details longer and see if anyone notices, nwhahaahha"

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I feel kinda bad for Dark Road right now. We just got those new characters and already they are getting overshadowed by a game we know nothing about and is just a logo at the moment lol.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Frozen was selected for KH3 before it even released in theaters. Nomura and the team got an advanced screening of the film and liked it so much they decided to include it in the game. That it became a worldwide phenomenon was merely coincidence.

The reason why it was poorly executed was more because of the weird restraining order Disney placed around it, which was not exclusive to KH and was even in effect in Once Upon a Time. I forget who but another member here explained the situation better and suggested this weird treatment of Frozen may have been because of John Lasseter. If that's true, things may be different now after his departure.
Even the same can be said for some of the other KH3 Disney worlds (minus Big Hero 6) besides just Arendelle @Sign.

In fact, Pixar was also to a degree restrictive with Nomura on the worlds based on their movies (not in the level as Frozen's or even Kingdom of Corona's guidelines), as literally the majority of the folks at Pixar were all involved with both the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds in KH3 respectively such as Tasha Sounart, Jason Katz and the characters designers from the Toy Story films and Monster's Inc.

It doesn't surprise me, cause apparently it was most noticeable in Monstropolis as Pixar was VERY Picky and restrictive on that world according to an interview from Nomura and in the Ultimania when compared to guidelines put on Toy Box, which would likely explain why Randall wasn't even fought as a boss.

San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6) I'd say was the ONLY new Disney world in KH3 that Disney didn't put guidelines in compared to Arendelle, Kingdom of Corona, Toy Box and Monstropolis as that had to do with Roy Conli having San Fransokyo's story being an original story set after the events of the movies

I don't think Disney was really restrictive in the previous KH titles prior to KH3 as they didn't put guidelines in the different Disney worlds that appeared in the different KH games such as Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas), Neverland (Peter Pan), Land of Dragons (Mulan), Pride Lands (The Lion King), Agrabah (Aladdin), among others, and the creators who worked on the films weren't involved in the KH games either.

It's easily the reason why Olympus (Hercules), 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) and The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean) where the ONLY Disney worlds I didn't see ANY restrictions/guidelines put on them by Disney for Kingdom Hearts III, especially the former two. This is given as as I said, most of the people who worked on those films weren't involved in the game and Disney who had no involvement with those movies the world is based on from the previous installments (Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep, etc.) just allowed Nomura and his team to do what they want with these worlds based on those specific Disney films given that they appeared in previous titles, and the same can be said with the other Disney worlds in previous KH games I mentioned above.

Not sure if Arendelle in KH4 will be any better than it was in KH3. If Disney is still restricting it I fear for the worst. Anna and Elsa may not even remember SDG, lol
If they can fix Port Royal/The Caribbean's problems from KH2 and made the world a thousand times better in KH3, then I can expect the same thing for Arendelle in KHIV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back