• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link Prototype Test begins January 2023 in Japan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has announced that KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link will begin its prototype beta test in Japan on January 13, 2023 and last through January 18, 2023.

They are currently recruiting for the test between December 19, 2022 to December 26, 2022 for any fans that are over the age of 18, live in Japan, and have an Apple iOS device. The prototype test will feature gameplay, UI, game story, and other functions that may vary from the official release of the mobile game. 

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link is set to release on iOS and Android devices worldwide.

What is this prototype test? This is an opportunity to play a prototype of Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link and try out some of the systems featured in the game. The main purpose of this event is to confirm the functionality of game systems utilizing location information. Please be aware that the game systems, UI, content including story, and recommended devices may be subject to significant change in the official release.

Can I play on iOS or Android? The official service will support iOS and Android, but the prototype test is for iOS only. [Requirements for the prototype test] iOS: 11.0 or later / iPhone 8 Plus or later (3GB or more system memory) *These requirements may differ from those at launch. *Android will be supported in the official release. *Operation on tablets is not guaranteed. *As this is merely a prototype, unexpected bugs may occur.

Why are you using location data from smartphones? Location information is used to display the player's current position as well as the map. Please note that you will be able to play the game by allowing access to location information.

Can I use the data from the prototype test in the official release? Prototype test data cannot be used for the official release.

If I change my device, can I carry over my data to the new device? The prototype does not support data transfer functionality.

Where do I use my authorization code? Enter the authorization code when you launch the prototype test app for the first time. The verification code will be sent to the email address registered with your Square Enix Members account. Please be aware that the code can only be used once.

May I post [about the prototype] on social media or share videos? As a general rule, this is prohibited (please see Article 5 of the Prototype Tester Agreement (Terms of Use)). However, you may publish an oral or written summary or impressions of the game.

For bug reports, comments and requests, please contact us through "Contact Us" in the app. Alternatively, please fill out the questionnaire that will be sent to you after the prototype test period.

How do I report a problem or make an inquiry? Please fill out and submit the form under "Contact Us" in the app.

Last edited by a moderator:

blank points

Awards
I'd like to take a moment to say that this artwork is 🔥🔥🔥. If Kingdom Hearts did a crossover with Bloodborne, that's what it would look like.
Was just about to say something as well. I love this artwork though. Definitely has a more gothic aesthetic going on than I'd expect from KH. It almost has a Tim Burton like quality to it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This art has a very Hasegawa quality to it…I think it’s the delicate line work on the backgrounds and the shading that is doing it.

Never imagined Nomura would use a style like this.

sdr27

Awards
yeah, I agree, and it gives me Ishgard vibes, which makes since the writer for ML also wrote Heavensward.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Twitter announcement seems to indicate that this isn’t THE closed beta test, but a prototype meant specifically to test location functionality. So it seems like there may still be a broader beta later. Can anyone confirm?

FFCB7E15-41A8-47CE-B0D7-00AAA26DE8D2.jpeg

That artwork is wild btw. Love to see KH experimenting with new vibes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm also getting a lot of Yoshida Akihiko from this image, in a vein similar to his Bravely and FFT styles specifically. The mood has shifted drastically with this series. There were several many things I didn't care for about UX, but the aesthetic didn't bother me, as it borrowed and evolved from KH mobile, coded, etc. But Quadratum and now this version of Scala have definitely heralded a mature distinction between the old and new phase of content.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I’m sure a few will slip in. Very good geolocation spoofing should allow for a few western fans to make it in.
Unless the game itself registers location data to verify, it should be pretty easy for foreigners to get in. The signup form had you select your prefecture from a drop-down menu. And if you make a new JP Members account, it defaults your location to Japan.

Awards
The Twitter announcement seems to indicate that this isn’t THE closed beta test, but a prototype meant specifically to test location functionality. So it seems like there may still be a broader beta later. Can anyone confirm?

View attachment 16043

That artwork is wild btw. Love to see KH experimenting with new vibes.
Man

They really shouldn't have gone "Closed Beta Test in 2022" in the ML and Ever Crisis trailers

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unless the game itself registers location data to verify, it should be pretty easy for foreigners to get in. The signup form had you select your prefecture from a drop-down menu. And if you make a new JP Members account, it defaults your location to Japan.
The game utilizes a real world map, though. It’s the only way the walking function can work, unless they aren’t going to have that function active during the test.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
If it wasn't iOS-only I would do it, but as it is now there isn't much point.

D

Deleted member 246005

The artstyle looks like Lies of P. Bummer I can't play the test so I'll have to wait a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back