• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Moral/Theme

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

12kez90

I think the theme/moral is about balance. Yes there are a lot of other themes like "your friends are your power" or "forming bonds". But I feel the whole theme of Kingdom Hearts is about balance, mainly dark and light. Throughout the series (or in any kind of media) it's been shown that light cannot exist with darkness and vise versa. You can't have one without the other. Though you have to learn to keep both in check or you're gonna be consumed by either one. A prime example of this is Riku when he learned to balance out his darkness rather than forcing it out to stay in check or using it for "EVIL"! Another example is Eraqus when he was so obsessed with the light and seeing even a glimpse of darkness was big "no-no" to him. At least that's what I think it is. :tongue:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I wouldn't say it's Kingdom Heart's central or primary theme, but you can definitely make an argument that it is a prominent one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It is a big theme like audo had said but it isn't prominent. If anything, friendship is the theme that governs the series more than anything.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I believe the main theme is actually the connections of the heart, whether it is connections between people's hearts or connections of the heart to Light and Darkness or even the whole universe.
Sure there's a lot talk about friendship, because it is a strong bond between hearts and of course it's still a part-Disney game, but the focus switches to other themes/ideas a lot, like existential problems/finding your place in this world, understanding your emotions, an individual's position on a scale from "absolute good" to "absolute evil"... All these have the unique heart of people in its center and follow the various connections it can have

Anagram

Banned
The overarching theme is the "heart". Everything in the series revolves around the heart and things tied to it.

Light & Dark are key aspects. Normally they are perfectly fine on their own but when a person and their emotion comes into play things get thrown out of balance. The heart feeds into either one or the other and then favors one of the forces.
Darkness itself proves to be a runaway drug. Feeding on negativity it can go as far as to warp a persons heart into a heartless.
Then in turn you have people like Eraqus who are obstinate of the light and as Xehanort proved just as easily manipulated and brought down.
Ones obsession for light can also drag you into darkness like the people of the keyblade war proved.

Heartless are the hearts darkness made real. Dream eaters and the realm of sleep are made from hearts of worlds and people free of darkness but yet to wake from it. Nobodies are people who had their hearts stolen but couldn't fade away entirely. Unversed are said by Vanitas himself to be caused by his split from Ventus which was a split of Vens heart.

The biggest thing of kingdom hearts, friendship, is also tied to the hearts of people and their connections to one another. The main objective of villains is the heart of everything Kingdom hearts.

Everything in this series is about "heart".

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
One thing I'm always confused about with this series' theme is the whole "you can't have light without darkness" thing. Yet, they explain that in the beginning, Kingdom Hearts was the source of all light and darkness didn't exist until people began to fight over Kingdom Hearts. So, clearly, at one point light did exist without darkness. I wonder if this is going to be a lesson learned in KH3? That the idea of balance is actually flawed and that light is truth? Not sure.

But, I do think the series' theme is definitely heart, as stated above. It's all about your choices and what's in your heart and who you are based on those choices and how they affect you. And we learn how everything has a heart, because everything comes from Kingdom Hearts, which is the source of all heart/light. Everyone and everything is connected.

Anagram

Banned
^ But in that same vein it's also said the Xblade was ade up of light and dark originally. So darkness always existing is either a retcon or darkness existed in some form that had yet to be touched by man.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
^ But in that same vein it's also said the Xblade was ade up of light and dark originally. So darkness always existing is either a retcon or darkness existed in some form that had yet to be touched by man.

Probably a retcon, knowing this series.

Anagram

Banned
Probably a retcon, knowing this series.

Well a lot of things are just not explained rather than retcons but yeah...this is likely one of the few retcons or it's at least dangerously close to one.
It's kinda hard to tell since the game immediately after that has Riku learning to accept and use it and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back