• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Move

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I don't see why this would be any different than the argument people had going for it being on the Wii.

Motion controls would be too much of a deviation from the normal KH gameplay, they'd never implement it. It's the same reason why the stylus was left out of Days and Re:Coded.

Well, one difference is that Move could be implemented only for certain parts of the game that are intentionally different from normal KH gameplay.

A Wii game would have to be based around the Wii's controller, which would be far more limiting than having the majority of the game work with a Dualshock 3.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well, one difference is that Move could be implemented only for certain parts of the game that are intentionally different from normal KH gameplay.

A Wii game would have to be based around the Wii's controller, which would be far more limiting than having the majority of the game work with a Dualshock 3.
Except, even the Wii has the Classic Controller, so, that's not even much of a sound argument =/

Ikkin

Bronze Member
There's no guarantee that KH3 will be coming to PS3

Nomura's last interview made it seem like the most likely choice, though.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Note how he says, "The development team for Kingdom Hearts is currently leading technical research concerning the high-definition graphics right now." Wii doesn't have HD graphics, and there's no way they'd make an X360 exclusive game (because that'd just be silly, considering the consoles' relative positions in Japan).

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I could see them implementing a small minigame aspect of the game to motion controls, like a minigame in the Toy Story 3 video game. However, I do not think they would make the whole game for the Move because that would ultimately hurt sales, because not everyone will have a Move.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Here's a question for the fans: would you want to see KH3 as a Move game? Not that the entire system was developed for that purpose, but more so that it is also compatible with the Move? Whereas you can play with either a controller or the wand?
so long as i can pick to use a controller i dont mind but if they pull a nintendo and make things all motion then NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, FUCK NO!

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As long as I only have to buy a new peripheral; I can handle it on the move, but not on the Wii. I'm not buying a new console :/

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As long as I only have to buy a new peripheral; I can handle it on the move, but not on the Wii. I'm not buying a new console :/

I have both, and personally I think it would go to the Move, but I would actually enjoy it on the Wii. When it comes down to the Wii and the Move, I like the Wii better, IDK, I just do.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I wouldn't mind seeing KH3 as a Move game, but at this point, it's far more likely that it'd just be a Move compatible game. Nomura and SE both want to reach the maximum amount of players they can, and making it just a Move game would probably not reach as many people, since some don't want Wii-like capabilities for their PS3. I think it would be kind of cool to be able to fight like Sora, not just mash an X-button repeatedly. And Nomura is perfectly capable of making a battle system that highlights the good things about Move and not the bad, he just has to do so. Seeing as Nomura likes to make use of the latest available technology, or it seems that way, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it Move compatible.

Xenin

Banned
It'd be fun...till oyu do unique moves and stuff. I don't want this to happen for many reasons. One becuase I'd rather play it sitting down taking in thing's. Can;t do that on Move. Second becuase I don't wanna buy Move.

Now for the Move being a cheap Wii... As a PS3 fan boy.. I feel it's a more expensive better graphics, more online compatable, more in depth gaming, less family kidish version..but that's just me..

flurryflames

no it would completely ruin kingdom hearts' reputation forever. move is nothing but a cheap rip off of the wii besides it'd just be annoying swinging around the keyblade with the move controller

Amen to that. Sore arms and hoping you don't hit someone in the eye or face. Also buying another expensive system would be annoying as well.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ugh... I would hate it on the Move. Like others have said, if it has the ability to be played with a regular controller and not simply with a Move oriented one then I wouldn't really care but... I'm not too big on the motion controllers anyway for some reason.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Nomura's last interview made it seem like the most likely choice, though.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Note how he says, "The development team for Kingdom Hearts is currently leading technical research concerning the high-definition graphics right now." Wii doesn't have HD graphics, and there's no way they'd make an X360 exclusive game (because that'd just be silly, considering the consoles' relative positions in Japan).

that's still not a guarantee it will be for the ps3, i still don't even think the game will appear in this generation. He's hinted greatly that kh3 won't be out until after 2012.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But it's not like KH3 will be the next title in the series. Got a few more side titles to go :3

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Originally posted by darkheart709

that's still not a guarantee it will be for the ps3, i still don't even think the game will appear in this generation. He's hinted greatly that kh3 won't be out until after 2012.
There was an interview a little while ago with Nomura about KHIII, and he said it would be made on an existing console, because they don't want to have to take the time to make the game for a Next-Gen console. And since new games for the PS2 a few and far between these days, the PS3 is the most logical choice. Common sense.

As for a KHIII Move...I think it would be interesting. Various good points have been made concerning this argument, like how it's basically similar to the "KH on Wii" argument, and that making a Minigame utilizing the Move would be interesting. My take, seeing as I haven't really used Move but have played a Wii, is that I'd be open to some motion possibilities. It doesn't have to be centered around the Move controller (Common sense says that would probably not do so well, though it could be done I'm sure), but Move compatible non-essential minigames (Meaning they don't have to be done to complete the story or net 100%, but grant very useful prizes upon completion) would liven things up a bit. I think someone mentioned an "on-rails Keyslinging minigame"? Ya know, I could imagine something like that in the Dwarf Mines...the Mine Carts would be perfect for that.

All in all, Move compatible would be interesting. So long as the standard controller is an option, then I say give it a go.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
isn't it already a proven fact that KH is about button mashing and Sora doing crazy shit then actually cut and slash

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
so long as i can pick to use a controller i dont mind but if they pull a nintendo and make things all motion then NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, FUCK NO!
Not even Nintendo made things all motion.
-points at the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro-

darkheart709

Bronze Member
There was an interview a little while ago with Nomura about KHIII, and he said it would be made on an existing console, because they don't want to have to take the time to make the game for a Next-Gen console. And since new games for the PS2 a few and far between these days, the PS3 is the most logical choice. Common sense.

he said he would like to, he's backtrack on things he said before. and at the rate its taking for him to just get started on the game, the big three will have already started talked about their next gen consoles and might even release them before the game is even finish

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Not sure if someone has said it, but even if KH3 were on the PS3, Nomura has stated he doesn't like the PS Move or Kinect, though, I'm not sure about the Wii, whcih is what scares me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back