• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Move

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Not sure if someone has said it, but even if KH3 were on the PS3, Nomura has stated he doesn't like the PS Move or Kinect, though, I'm not sure about the Wii, whcih is what scares me :/
Do you know where he said that? I'm very hopeful that's true.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well only two =/.

Who knows~

There was an interview a little while ago with Nomura about KHIII, and he said it would be made on an existing console, because they don't want to have to take the time to make the game for a Next-Gen console.

No he didn't, he said he would like for that.

—Do you think we’ll see Kingdom Hearts III on this generation of hardware?
NOMURA: Yes, it might be possible. It is my desire to develop the next Kingdom Hearts on the existing platform, but the problem with a new console is that it has new technical requirements—new technical limitations—so we need time to make new research for that tile. The development team for Kingdom Hearts is currently leading technical research concerning the high-definition graphics right now. So, yes, I’m willing to create something on the existing console because when we aim for another non-existing future console, the release of the title will be far in the future. That’s my concern.

Nowhere did he say 'yes this is what I will do'. In fact, if you read between the lines, he mentions that while the main problem is needing time to get used to new technical limitations of a new console, the KH team is learning about PS3 high-def graphics while working on Versus. And I bet if it does come out on the PS3, people will be all, 'BUT NOMURA SAAAAID! NOMURA LIIIIED' just like they were about him making BBSFM, when he'd never said he wouldn't, just that he had no plans at the time he was asked.

he said he would like to, he's backtrack on things he said before.

If he only said he would like to, then not doing it isn't backtracking, it's not being able to do what he would have originally liked :/

Sora'sProtector

If Kingdom Hearts ever had Move support, you would not have to slash around like crazy to mimic the on-screen attacks. It would be downright stupid from a control layout standpoint.

I'm not against Move support for KHIII (or whatever Kingdom Hearts ends up being on PS3,) because it would only be support. I doubt the whole game would be played using Move. They would probably have side games you could do and other modes that would be suited for motion control. Kingdom Heart's gameplay is not the kind of gameplay for motion control.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well a Move game might be doable if it's carefully optimized.

-Make magic that's done with simple pointing effective in battle so players aren't swinging too much.
-Quicksave option & an emphasis on shorter play sessions.
-Loads of lengthy cutscenes to give plenty of oppurtunies to rest (oh hey, KH already does this!)

D

Deleted member 87467

haha, I concur, it would kinda ruin it, you'd be so tired from swinging and slashing you'd not be able to concentrate on the awesome story ,and what would happen if you tried using Srike Raid? :O

A broken T.V, Tears, and lots of broken dreams haha

αsiя

space coke
the next gen of consoles won't be for another 10 yrs unlike the usuall 5

Although I wish the next gen comes a bit late this time (I haven't fully experienced this gen,) I'm pretty sure the next gen consoles will be announced in at least 2-3 more years.

Awards
the next gen of consoles won't be for another 10 yrs unlike the usuall 5

You realize that we're already five years in to this generation, right?
Going by your standard, then, the next generation would hit in five years, or 2015.
And even then, realistically, there's a chance they can't do it.

Assuming FFvsXIII was out some time next year (and even that's doubtful considering they've said that they can't "commit" to 2011), that gives them four years to develop KH3 before we start seeing PS4 and the like. And it took them four years to develop KH2.

So, as it stands, the possibility of us getting a Seventh Gen KH is only so-so.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Here's a question for the fans: would you want to see KH3 as a Move game? Not that the entire system was developed for that purpose, but more so that it is also compatible with the Move? Whereas you can play with either a controller or the wand?

I wouldn't mind. Seems like a good way to prevent the battle system from getting staler.

Soraroxasventus

if it was optional maybe so if im replaying it and im in wonderland or something i can have a little bit of fun

Revolution

The Move would not do well with KH3. I find Move as more of a "Party Time, arcade" game, rather then a system for RPG's or action games.

BahamutZERO

I'm gonna have to go with no. :/

For the skinny folks like me, maybe it wouldn't be impossible if I had a giant livingroom, but I don't. It's a pretty confined space, and I don't want to buy the PSM crap.

For fat kids, it's just a no.(and that's a large portion of the community, here in America. :/)

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't find the Wiimote and Nunchuk controls comfortable, and Kingdom Hearts is game I can't imagine myself playing on Move and enjoying

DChiuch

Website
www.danielchiuchiarelli.com
Nowhere did he say 'yes this is what I will do'. In fact, if you read between the lines, he mentions that while the main problem is needing time to get used to new technical limitations of a new console, the KH team is learning about PS3 high-def graphics while working on Versus.

You'd think that they would have done that towards the start of Versus development lol, not now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back